• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Zorko and Moloney rolled around today virtually unchecked.

If you think otherwise, good on you.

Moloney had 36.

Zorko had 29, kicked 3 and had 7 scoring shots.

McKenzie laid a massive 2 tackles.

Once again, you have only proven that you have found the stats sheet. However you still couldn't tell even tell me the answer to the basic question of who McKenzie was playing on.

""We sent a few players to Brent but couldn’t stop him"

Thanks, bing. Maybe 316 can report back who those players were after he checks the replay.

Your posts tell me all I needed to know on your posting style and football knowledge.

I also note that you, again, avoided the specifics of the argument. My educated guess is because you do not have enough inner faith in your argument to test the specifics of it, or because you don't have faith in your ability to argue it with me.

As for why I find your stance strange, it's because usually when someone doesn't understand the complexities of a subject they usually just react to whatever manifests in front of them unthinkingly. You, however, are willing to treat one part of that with complete, unabashed faith while blaming the other part entirely. It's almost religious. So what does this say? Hmmmm, it's almost like there is something else affecting it behind the scenes that you are unwilling to talk about. Maybe it's player hero worship. Maybe you have a relationship with someone who you trust in the football scene who once told you something. My guess is that you are just arguing based on someone else's opinion that you trust, but you don't fully understand that opinion nor why you should have it. I find it strange because someone who knows as little as you do about the game is arguing very strongly on a specific point (and only that point), while being completely oblivious to absolutely everything else.

Gee, Bob, I'm learning more about myself with everyone of your responses!

Question - What if I do know what I am talking about? - Would that change your view? -Somehow, I doubt it!

Do you seriously believe our current culture is an improvement on the past? Do you seriously believe the Neeld culture is the way ahead? Time to think Bob!

Do you get upset when the leg of lamb you put in the oven 5 minutes ago is still red raw?

Lets look at what we have and forget those who left.

Whose idea was it to recruit Pederson, Byrnes and Rodan they contributed NOTHING? Whose idea was it to make Jack Trengove captain, the kid is struggling big time? Tommy Mac is being isolated down back by opposition clubs and has a horrible 2 weeks and Bleese and Mckenzie may as well not have been there. The footy dept has a lot to answer for and for Neeld to say he thought a 5 goal loss was OK makes me sick. They had nearly 40 shots at goal God help us if they had kicked straight

I don't disagree with you although I think you're a bit harsh on Byrnes, I think he's been OK for us. Last week in the second and third quarters he was practically the only player who was running hard to spread and create options when we were trying to move the ball through the midfield.

• Like 2

Do you get upset when the leg of lamb you put in the oven 5 minutes ago is still red raw?

Understand your point good Dr, but sometimes somethings are just so obvious so early, that something has to be done quickly to prevent further damage.

Once again, you have only proven that you have found the stats sheet. However you still couldn't tell even tell me the answer to the basic question of who McKenzie was playing on.

Thanks, bing. Maybe 316 can report back who those players were after he checks the replay.

Sorry Bob, I apologise, the lads done a magnificant job tagging the Brisbane midfielders and Neeld is one hell of a coach.

It was really impressed with the defensive work of Matt Jones and Jordan McKenzie today.

Actually, Trengove and Matt Jones completely shut Moloney down today, long live the master coach Mark Neeld.

I posted this on Olgy but belongs here too.

Was quoted as saying in the presser that the to lose by under 5 goals was a positive, words to that effect anyway.

I find this hard to stomach, can anyone else. We have played a side that has been pox like us the last 4 rounds. Would have thought the only positive would have been had we won? We were right in the contest up until about 10 min the last 1/4.

My mind continues to boggle with some of the stuff he has come out with in recent times.

I'd be more worried with this than losing Beamer. The Flat Track King.

Was quoted as saying in the presser that the to lose by under 5 goals was a positive, words to that effect anyway.

How far has he come from his upset at our first loss under him last year?! He was so upset, "Not on your life!".

He was supposed to get something more out of the players than Dean B did. He has failed. He lowers expectations each week. It's been a see through ploy to mask his ineptitude as a motivator and a coach. Now even blind Freddie can see he is just trying to save his skin.

If you had asked him at the start of his coaching tenure (when we had won 8.5 games the year before) if, in one year, he would be happy to lose by 5 goals to the third worst team in the comp what would he have said??

"Not on your life"

• Like 1

On that , if I put a leg of lamb on and in 30 mins it smells rotten,

I'll know it's a bad leg of lamb.

We are very rotten and very smelly.

We lost against the Brisbane kids today. A big loss is coming.

A big, big loss. Most probably next week.

I wanted a coach who would get the best out of our players.

was that too much to ask?

• Like 2

Question - What if I do know what I am talking about? - Would that change your view? -Somehow, I doubt it!

I respect people who know what they are talking about or are at least accepting of the fact that they don't. You have shown over the past year (or however long it has been) that you don't know what you are talking about.

What would change my mind? Sustained patterns of rational analysis of the subject matter. Give me that and I (and perhaps the Demonland community) will stop treating you like a fool.

• Like 3

Well guys, only 2 weeks until Neeld is sacked.

we will not beat the Suns, even at the MCG.

Imagine what Ablett,, Bennell, Swallow and O'Meara will do to our D grade midfield!

I said it last year when people were saying Port were rubbish and still maintain they have a very very good midfield. Boak, Cornes, Robbie Gray & Cassisi are all top quality mids. Added to that this year Hartlett & Wingard have had injury free pre seasons and Wines is ready made in anyones language a team with mids like that is always going to do well given time. Adelaide finished off well yesterday but they were a rabble in the first half and have been like that for most of this season. In a nutshell people comparing what Hinkley has done with Port, what Sand did with the Crows in 2012 and what Neeld has done is like comparing apples with oranges

I still question why Neeld felt the need to scrap everything that came before him and start his planning from scratch, taking us into a sub re-building phase and stripping us of any attacking flare that had given us the ability to compete on occasions with the big boys. Without doubt, we were a better, more competitive team under Bailey, which just goes to show how bad things have become. Rather than build on the positive elements that clearly existed within the group, we've gone backwards at a rate of knots. The complete opposite of what Ken Hinkley has been able to manufacture at Port, and what

Sanderson did with the Crows last year. I'm a glass half full man, but I can't see him being able to turn things around.

• Like 1

Mark Thompson, 2006. After SIX YEARS in charge of his team, they miss the finals and suffer losses of 52, 102, 92, and 61 points (the latter at the hands of the lowly Hawks, no less!). I imagine you blokes - had you been Cats supporters - would have been highly vocal in your support of him, given your surety that he was on the cusp of building the greatest team of the modern era.

Oh wait.

• Like 3

Guest rednblue4life

Well guys, only 2 weeks until Neeld is sacked.

we will not beat the Suns, even at the MCG.

Imagine what Ablett,, Bennell, Swallow and O'Meara will do to our D grade midfield!

Beamer Got 36 possises today Ablett will get 60

Guest rednblue4life

dont know about that what would you have said if you were in his shoes today? To me this whole club is a con and needs to get serious quickly. It all starts at the top dont think its the players or coahes hopefully the right CEO can get us back on track.

We've gone backwards.

We've got this wonderful fitness regime and they look tired and slow.

They're s'posed to be learning how to beat the other team at hardball gets and look soft.

They're meant to be undergoing a culture makeover and they look disinterested and lost.

We'd be better off putting them on a beer and pizza diet and letting them play the positions they feel like: it couldn't be any worse.

• Like 8

2012 at the Gabba Brisbane 18 14 122 Melb 8 13 61

Ah yes, Simon Black and Daniel Rich had 26 and 24 that day, how'd they go today?........

Stef Martin had a good game too, how'd he go today?

Brisbane actually had more scoring shots today btw, we had about the same.

Edited by stuie

They've gone backwards at a huge rate of knots too. Doesn't excuse where we are.

They've gone backwards at a rate of knots and score the same... We go backwards at a rate of knots and score 33 points more.

Maybe it's because I have lived in Queensland for so long now, but 3/4 of the posts on this site make no sense to me at all. From both a logic and support point of view.

Wouldn't a 33 point improvement mean a 54% improvement?

How about this instead:

"Well done Mr. Neeld. To take a club in this position and to have hardly any support from your so called supporter base and work a 54% improvement is great. Of course, we would have absolutely preferred the win under the circumstances, but we will take a 54% improvement over zero improvement. What can we as supporters do to help?"

• Like 2

I put up the scores from last season to show that the 28 point loss yesterday does not automatically decree that we have gone backwards. We have had many a loss at the Gabba over the years. What is annoying to us all is that it was a winnable game but we botched it (Bail not seeing Davey 20 metres clear in the goalsquare is one that annoyed me most). However, we seem to be gradually improving on our first two rounds (Didn't everyone underestimate Port & Essendon?). Yes, there are worrying signs but things can turn around in this game (just look at Port & Essendon).

• Like 2