Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

clearly keep neeld unless he majorly fcuks up the next 4 rounds, afterall tigers'coach was 0-9 at one stage.

They were, and some were comparing them to Fitzroy, but in reality they were playing far better football than Melbourne, which is hard to fathom. In those first 9 rounds they only had two 60 point losses - we've had 3 from 3 - and they had a significantly healthier percentage.

I reckon that many Melbourne supporters have no clue as to how dire our position actually is.

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 3

My point is I don't know. I have never met Jack Watts, never coached him, etc... and while you may have met Jack (I don't know), are you in a better position than Neeld to question his judgement with any authority?

No. So your accusations are irrational and driven by an emotional agenda...

You're right. I don't know the ins and outs of Neeld's reasoning for dropping Jack. I just believe there comes a time where we as supporters would be negligible simply sitting on our hands. We have to probe these decisions. Making a guy, whose confidence is evidently and clearly dwindling, sit on the sidelines and watch a game will do nothing for anyone. He's dropped Jack before and made him watch from the stands to little effect upon return.

You're right. I don't know the ins and outs of Neeld's reasoning for dropping Jack. I just believe there comes a time where we as supporters would be negligible simply sitting on our hands. We have to probe these decisions. Making a guy, whose confidence is evidently and clearly dwindling, sit on the sidelines and watch a game will do nothing for anyone. He's dropped Jack before and made him watch from the stands to little effect upon return.

It will be interesting to see how Jack plays on Sunday.

• Like 1

There is a lot of uninformed speculation and assumption of incompetence being thrown around by people who don't have a clue what's really gone down, i.e. re Jetta, Watts, Blease...

If you don't know why Watts was dropped and used as an emergency admit it. I don't know why. But to speculate that the reason was wrong instead of right has your agenda (dissing Neeld) tainting the facts (you don't know why Watts was dropped and used as an emergency).

It's a bogus way of justifying and projecting your disappointment in the teams performance and making the issue bigger than to most likely is... It's also a way to big note one's self by implying you know more than you actually do.

There's calling it as you see it & then there's putting all your faith in someone with a 4-21 W/L ratio (which is actually flattering) who makes ostensibly bizarre decisions based on the fact that there are known unknowns.

In short, perhaps it's actually you who is twisting the facts to suit your agenda of supporting Neeld. I support the club, since Neeld has walked in it has gone from bad to worse. Hint: there could be a correlation.

• Like 4

The level of end of the world, hair pulling over the top language being used is out of whack with where the reality bus actually is.

By my pre-season reckoning I always had us down to lose Vs Essendon and West Coast. So only the Port game was an unexpected loss.

That said the margins were bigger than expected, but I always expected to lose at least two of the first three games. So the arguement to sack the coach 3 games in boils down to "we lost to Port" and "the margins were bigger than expected".

Flimsy justifications to turn over an entire FD that's only been there 18 months.

Nero

There's calling it as you see it & then there's putting all your faith in someone with a 4-21 W/L ratio (which is actually flattering) who makes ostensibly bizarre decisions based on the fact that there are known unknowns.

In short, perhaps it's actually you who is twisting the facts to suit your agenda of supporting Neeld. I support the club, since Neeld has walked in it has gone from bad to worse. Hint: there could be a correlation.

There's definitely correlation, but is there causation?

• Like 1

If as rumoured Neeld was aware of the MFC relationship with Dent, and was also part of the ill-conceived, coverup, then the board must take the opportunity and sack Neeld. The best part is that bringing the game or club into disrepute would be a breach of contract and thus no payout would be required! The other employees who are also rumoured to have had knowledge of both Dank and the cover-up must also go, should rumours be true.

Sorry, I actually hope the rumours are true.

BH, your constant name calling of Neeld is getting tiresome.

Critique his actions and be done with it. Leave the insults out of it.

Further, after Neeld's first press conference, he has learnt, and learnt quickly.

He feeds the media nothing.

Don't read me.

you insult jack watts all the time Jumbo, what's the difference?

Perhaps over the journey Jumbo has had some shots at JW but i was thinking the other day how measured he has been in the last few weeks about JW given his form. Differerent topic (related?) but i have been really disappointed with how Neeld has managed Watts this season.

• Like 2

They were, and some were comparing them to Fitzroy, but in reality they were playing far better football than Melbourne, which is hard to fathom. In those first 9 rounds they only had two 60 point losses - we've had 3 from 3 - and they had a significantly healthier percentage.

I reckon that many Melbourne supporters have no clue as to how dire our position actually

Neeld is no Hardwick.

If as rumoured Neeld was aware of the MFC relationship with Dent, and was also part of the ill-conceived, coverup, then the board must take the opportunity and sack Neeld. The best part is that bringing the game or club into disrepute would be a breach of contract and thus no payout would be required! The other employees who are also rumoured to have had knowledge of both Dank and the cover-up must also go, should rumours be true.

Sorry, I actually hope the rumours are true.

If Neeld was forced to stand down to the Dank Allegations it does 2 things IMO

1/ Shows how weeak this club is

2/ Puts pressure on Hird to do the same thing

I'm pretty sure I haven't even heard Neeld's name associated to Dank

IMO

Go for Sheedy as CEO

MC as Captain next year

Jones and Grimes as VC.

Eade for Coach.

All the above would inspire current and potential players.

That is a real worry mate

Sheedy is a very accomplished coach - i wouldn' let him anywhere near the finances let most other positions in this club

IMO

Go for Sheedy as CEO

MC as Captain next year

Jones and Grimes as VC.

Eade for Coach.

All the above would inspire current and potential players.

Grimes is a must keep for captain, bleed red and blue and taking it off him would be a vote of no confidence by the club.

The co captaincy should be weened off Trengove though and I feel like they are already doing this quietly. He really just has to concentrate on his game before he can lead from the front.

If Neeld were to be sacked, Eade would be a pretty good replacement I feel and maybe the best option available. Sheedy for CEO... not too sure about that. Maybe in some kind of capacity in the footy department, if we were able to get him. He is still a [censored] though.

• Like 1

If Neeld was forced to stand down to the Dank Allegations it does 2 things IMO

1/ Shows how weeak this club is

2/ Puts pressure on Hird to do the same thing

I'm pretty sure I haven't even heard Neeld's name associated to Dank

The way Neeld is going he is likely to be sacked before he get a chance to stand down.

If there is any issues about legality about the Dank allegations i think McLardy, Craig and Misson are in trouble first.

Even if they have been shown to have lied that they did not know that Bates was dealing with Dank then they are in trouble with the club and the AFL.