McLardy, Schwab and Co must go

Muvver Jones

I have never heard such crap.....Lets just sack everyone and be done with it.....Then we can go on holidays for the winterAll the posters calling for heads is just as pathetic as the performance of our players.....I have been a member of this club for 50 years...Good and bad and I will continue to support them till my dying day...If you don't support the club....then p!ss off

Haha what a joke this comment is - we do support the club which is why we want to see under performing individuals given the arse and replaced with people mildly competent.

• Like 1

I have never heard such crap.....Lets just sack everyone and be done with it.....Then we can go on holidays for the winter

All the posters calling for heads is just as pathetic as the performance of our players.....I have been a member of this club for 50 years...Good and bad and I will continue to support them till my dying day...

If you don't support the club....then p!ss off

Ultimately, the posters calling for heads are only doing so because they are supporting the club and want what is best as they are concerned with what is gonig on at the moment. In my book, that is still definitely supporting the club. Supporting doesn't mean having blind faith. I think Melbourne fans have given more than any other group of supporters and received the least back from the club.

• Like 2

Correct that sackings cost money. Neeld's contract for instance would have two years to run. So just even Neeld getting the arse would mean that coupled with the tanking fine, you are already down around a million for the year and we are barely even out of the blocks. Obviously all these things would need to weighed up, money alone is no reason to keep people at the club when it is clear they need to go.

The most important first thing is to bring in people that will restore the confidence and fighting spirit of the playing group be it at FD or at a higher level. Players are only turning up to train and to show up on game day. Excellence in attitude and execution are intangibles that money cannot buy.

Some here appear to be turning on Neeld to deflect the sins of others. Just more excuses. If he goes thens others higher must go too. This should be a non negotiable.

Edited by Muvver Jones

I have never heard such crap.....Lets just sack everyone and be done with it.....Then we can go on holidays for the winter

All the posters calling for heads is just as pathetic as the performance of our players.....I have been a member of this club for 50 years...Good and bad and I will continue to support them till my dying day...

If you don't support the club....then p!ss off

i do support the club Boss. I love the club like family.

I do not want to sit back & watch it die.

Doing nothing is certain death to me.

• Like 2

There has to be something wrong with this club. Something has to be holding these players back. I saw it front row for 4 quarters at 186. I stayed the whole game perplexed at how the players did not want to play. It was so obvious. I have not seen the players change there ways. I don't know what it is but it is there. It was here before Neeld and it is still here. Is it the CEO? I don't know. Can someone explain how Schwabb can infect the players? It could be Royal. Good god he needs to go. Worst midfield I have ever seen. He has to go NOW! I read on O'logy that the board is meeting today. I hope the infection is removed.

I said this maybe a couple of seasons ago about Royal, I cant believe he is still plying his trade with us. I thought when Neeld came that his time would be up but he still had a year or so of his contract to run.

The whole place runs like an old boys network, speaking of Network ( I am as mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore)

I have written to MFC this morning and vented. Hope many others have also !!!

If Neeld fails the board/CEO/President will roll as well. He is their appointment and they will live and die by it.

Get the group together and go for it.

This is the disconnect that a few of you are falling into - you need a group to force the issue (hopefully after the season if its needed at all).

A board must be challenged to be removed.

That is why I said that how they move forward from this year will define them. Make the wrong decision on Neeld and it a group may form swiftly - or it may not come at all - there are many Demons who don't simply want the faces that were there pre-Stynes.

They would want fresh Demons - and they may be hard to find and even harder to convince.

So of you have to realise that removal of the board is difficult and fraught (to state the bleeding obvious).

• Like 2

The MFC needs non-MFC people. A complete clean-out without any exceptions.

The whole administration needs to be wiped down and disinfected from top to bottom. Hazmat suits and buckets of dettol until not a speck of them remains.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 3

Should have hired Sheedy, Choco or Eade when we had the chance.

Yes in 2007 we hired a new coach who we could control.

We needed a coach who took control.

Dean got the unanimous vote because he ticked all the boxes the board wanted.

Edited by why you little

You know what my answer will be.

If it were up to me - we would have burnt all and sundry after that day at Mordor, but we are where we are and there is no group waiting in the wings - who is going to take over?

The board is here to stay until they are challenged.

The CEO has a contract.

The coach has had a year and everything that coaches past have not had.

He is the one under the pump here. Him and about 15 players.

There are threads talking about yesterday being an Extinction Level Event and that is just crap. But it will be given more credence if we react the way you would like them to react.

I say this to a few on here - get a group together and you have 8 months to organise yourself.

We cannot afford mid-season spills and massive payouts of CEO's.

It would be ruining us trying to save us.

The End of 2013 is the big time for the board.

2013 is the big time for Neeld.

An ill conceived contact and one I absolutely opposed at the time.

Pay him out and lets get on with it, get the right person at the top and take the millstone from Neeld's neck then lets see if he can coach.

The board can wait.

A "clear out" should always start at the top.

Whatever happens, happens. However, I don't see why everyone is saying this is "Jimmy's Club". Sure, Stynes erased debt, but in terms of administration, he did sweet all.

Garry Lyon and Stynes cared about themselves. Garry shouldn't be anywhere near the club.

Remember, that as disappointing as this was, even us MCCers were booing, we can keep moving, and hope that we show it against Essendon.

Why on earth we didn't go for Malthouse/Williams is beyond me.

What a bunch of weak gutted supporters we have when things turn to crap, blame everyone that's the answer, most here are just keyboard warriors, well just don't moan go down to training and give them a mouth-full if you have the balls.....email the club and tell them what you think, ask for resignations from the board outline your plans on how the club should be run, might be some good laughs there.

• Like 1

What a bunch of weak gutted supporters we have when things turn to crap, blame everyone that's the answer, most here are just keyboard warriors, well just don't moan go down to training and give them a mouth-full if you have the balls.....email the club and tell them what you think, ask for resignations from the board outline your plans on how the club should be run, might be some good laughs there.

Haven't seen Don at training whenever I've been there but the weak gutted effort was from him and the board not sacking the CEO when the decision was made. I will be happy to tell him if I see him and will be sending a letter to spell it out.

What if Melbourne loses to GWS round 4 and Gold Coast round 7. Will Neeldy be goneski?

We will lose both these games, and the carnage on here, in the media and by public opinion will be brutal. I am nonplussed by those who imagine the board have anything whatsoever to do with how the coaching staff manage the players, prepare for game day, and execute on the day.

The truth is that there has been admin stability at the club since the fallout from 186. What we got yesterday is about FOOTBALL, not boards or committees. The players are totally uninspired, devoid of natural competitive instinct ( with precious few exceptions) and have the most woeful lack of confidence. Give it half a dozen games and Jack Viney and Matt Jones will have had all the desire and instinct sucked out of them too.

It just HAS to be a coaching issue, and whether Royal is rubbish, or Craig or Rawlings, who knows, but Mark Neeld is the boss cookie, and he has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a legitimate coach to this point, other than the worst team approach and application to AFL/VFL football since I first saw the Dees in 1971. I remember the consensus on our list when John Northey came was that it was average at best, and what did he do with them? The opposite of Neeld. So it's not that our players are born unskilled, unsure, or timid, or that the board are somehow infecting them, it's the way they are COACHED!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

We will lose both these games, and the carnage on here, in the media and by public opinion will be brutal. I am nonplussed by those who imagine the board have anything whatsoever to do with how the coaching staff manage the players, prepare for game day, and execute on the day.

The truth is that there has been admin stability at the club since the fallout from 186. What we got yesterday is about FOOTBALL, not boards or committees. The players are totally uninspired, devoid of natural competitive instinct ( with precious few exceptions) and have the most woeful lack of confidence. Give it half a dozen games and Jack Viney and Matt Jones will have had all the desire and instinct sucked out of them too.

It just HAS to be a coaching issue, and whether Royal is rubbish, or Craig or Rawlings, who knows, but Mark Neeld is the boss cookie, and he has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a legitimate coach to this point, other than the worst team approach and application to AFL/VFL football since I first saw the Dees in 1971. I remember the consensus on our list when John Northey came was that it was average at best, and what did he do with them? The opposite of Neeld. So it's not that our players are born unskilled, unsure, or timid, or that the board are somehow infecting them, it's the way they are COACHED!!!!!!!!

If you believe that you believe in the tooth fairy.

• Like 3

I believe that the board should not interfere with coaches and players.

But I feel it is the right time for the board to confront the players and coaches and give it to them using both barrels.

The message should be that the MFC only want plays that give 150% each time they play and train. The coaches should get their act together and deliver improvement out of the playing group.

If any player does not want to give 150% then put your hand and go and play with the development team at Casey.

Also it should be pointed out to the players that there will not be a club without members and sponsors the way they are performing.

It is about time we stop treating the players like GODS and get to reality and plant their feet back on the ground.

I have a gut feeling that the coaching group are not all preaching from the same football bible.

I believe that the board should not interfere with coaches and players. But I feel it is the right time for the board to confront the players and coaches and give it to them using both barrels. The message should be that the MFC only want plays that give 150% each time they play and train. The coaches should get their act together and deliver improvement out of the playing group. If any player does not want to give 150% then put your hand and go and play with the development team at Casey. Also it should be pointed out to the players that there will not be a club without members and sponsors the way they are performing. It is about time we stop treating the players like GODS and get to reality and plant their feet back on the ground. I have a gut feeling that the coaching group are not all preaching from the same football bible.

I hear your frustration Sdemon, but what player do you imagine doesn't want to give 150 % as you call it? It's just froth and bubble nonsense this idea of giving them ultimatums. They get onto AFL lists BECAUSE they have talent AND diligence AND application. Our list is not exceptional in being somehow less prepared to work hard. That's why coaches are there, to ferment those qualities and unify them into a team. Our coach and his staff are just NOT doing that, and ultimatums without inspiration and confidence are just pointless.

• Like 2

Haha what a joke this comment is - we do support the club which is why we want to see under performing individuals given the arse and replaced with people mildly competent.

with you on that Dr.G

and its comments like that will see him supporting them for another 50 years of total crap

Evidence?

The only thing stable has been the same CEO overseeing a traumatic couple of years at a minimum in part his own doing.

Hardly a stable time for the club and hardly what I would call stable administration.

Tanking

Energywatch

3 coaches

Continuing bad press

Poor on field performance to name a few

They get onto AFL lists BECAUSE they have talent AND diligence AND application.

it takes a lot to make it as player in the league then it does to get onto a list, something a lot of our players don't understand. what he says is not nonsense at all. look at a good team, they earn a 50 metre penalty in their defensive half, every player will bust a gut to get up the ground and make options. this happens to melbourne the players jog up the ground, by the time the jog is over the OPP has set its structures, it's as if we are literally there for them to practice their set ups. if they had that 150% work ethic this wouldn't be a problem. THEY ARE JUST LAZY..NOT GAME PLAN ISSUES. Edited by timmyo64