urgent entire club meeting

timmyo64

How can we adequately express our rage to the leaders of our club?

At AGM's we have our questions disallowed, restricted, or the question time limited.

If we phone or email the club we get the automatic response of "yes the club is hurting but we need all our supporters to pull together".

Journalists, Commentators, news reporters, web-site coordinators - they all get a forum to express ideas and emotions to the club.

What is ours?

I know it is hard to truely voice how gutted it is to be a member of this club and watch this rubbish every year. But to ask all involved in the MFC to sit there and cop abuse and hear tales of woe from supporters for 5 hours is a bit of a stretch. I am happy to see any idea implemented if it will achieve something. I don't think this idea will achieve anything.

• Like 2

If players can't put in effort and heart for their own sake and for the blokes they train with every day I don't think a few angry supporters will get them going. Your idea has no substance. You just want to vent which is fine. I asked what would you say if you had the chance to improve on field perfromance and you can't answer. I couldn't give any information or advice to a AFL footballer apart from bust ya gut.

ok i'd ask why the entire time team isnt in the huddle before the game and during breaks more camaraderie please!, why when we get a 50 metre penalty in the backline the players jog up the field rather then busting a gut to make an easy option up the field, why the players think standing there calling for the ball is enough instead of pushing hard into space so they can get out with out 3 opp players breathing down their throat.. it's little things like that will change everything.Don't try tell me its fitness because they didn't do it all day. supposedly the boundary rider said that when the dees players came to bench they hadn't even broken a sweat compared to the port players who were knackered! and back to camaraderie, why they don't get around each other when they kick a goal, mitch clark has not played for nine months comes on kicks two great goals in the first quater, maybe 2,3 players went up to him. i promise you wouldn't see that happen in a tight knit football team. it seems like they only care for individual success and not of their team mates.

i'll come up with plenty more but thats a taster for you.

• Like 2

we should get a big screen and show a replay of today's game, with 300 or so supporters watching.. the players must attend and sit separately amongst the supporters. They have to cop whatever is said to them, and if they choose to they can interact with us. I would like to see what they have to say for themselves, face to face with supporters, confronted with their own weak, stupid and downright inept performances. Then they might get some idea of the agony of being us and take that onto the field with them next week. Give them a dose of their own medicine and let them feel the utter shame and embarrassment that we live with.

I know it is hard to truely voice how gutted it is to be a member of this club and watch this rubbish every year. But to ask all involved in the MFC to sit there and cop abuse and hear tales of woe from supporters for 5 hours is a bit of a stretch. I am happy to see any idea implemented if it will achieve something. I don't think this idea will achieve anything.

We would all have a great time though. I'd want everyone who has played for the club since 2007 there so I could really tee off.

ok i'd ask why the entire time team isnt in the huddle before the game and during breaks more camaraderie please!, why when we get a 50 metre penalty in the backline the players jog up the field rather then busting a gut to make an easy option up the field, why the players think standing there calling for the ball is enough instead of pushing hard into space so they can get out with out 3 opp players breathing down their throat.. it's little things like that will change everything.Don't try tell me its fitness because they didn't do it all day. supposedly the boundary rider said that when the dees players came to bench they hadn't even broken a sweat compared to the port players who were knackered! and back to camaraderie, why they don't get around each other when they kick a goal, mitch clark has not played for nine months comes on kicks two great goals in the first quater, maybe 2,3 players went up to him. i promise you wouldn't see that happen in a tight knit football team. it seems like they only care for individual success and not of their team mates.

i'll come up with plenty more but thats a taster for you.

I love your passion mate and I understand the frustration because I am feeling it too. I just can't agree with you on this. To ask for a massive meeting with a heap of supporters is not a effective solution. Yep the players don't look to be a tight unit. A directive from a supporter to be tight knit won't fix it.

I love your passion mate and I understand the frustration because I am feeling it too. I just can't agree with you on this. To ask for a massive meeting with a heap of supporters is not a effective solution. Yep the players don't look to be a tight unit. A directive from a supporter to be tight knit won't fix it.

you never know though, it really could bind them together. another belief though, it will take something unprecedented to turn this club around and meeting of this manner is pretty damn unprecedented.

thats a real crum bucket idea timmy,

honestly mate, we are all upset but its just not practical.

there is more chance of you getting a run then this going ahead.

desperate times, desperate measures i get it, but seriously.

Vinez out

I spoke to David Schwarz (The Ox) on the way out of the ground. He said that today's third quarter was the worst performance that he had ever seen by a Melbourne team. He agreed that our midfield is a real problem and admits that there are very real question marks over Brian Royal's tenure as he is simply not implementing Mark Neeld's game plan in that area. He told me to 'keep the faith' and I asked him if he would please take a coaching role at the club. What do people think?

I spoke to David Schwarz (The Ox) on the way out of the ground. He said that today's third quarter was the worst performance that he had ever seen by a Melbourne team. He agreed that our midfield is a real problem and admits that there are very real question marks over Brian Royal's tenure as he is simply not implementing Mark Neeld's game plan in that area. He told me to 'keep the faith' and I asked him if he would please take a coaching role at the club. What do people think?

Would love to see the Ox work with this team.

I would love this, but it won't achieve anything apart from allowing me and many others to vent their spleen. I want something to CHANGE.

I want to players to play with some ticker.

I want evidence that Neeld's coaching is going to be effective.

Players like Sylvia, Tapscott and Watts to be dropped. I am a fan of all three but they represent the heart of the matter - no ticker.

And please, for the love of all things good and true, never play Gillies or Pedersen again.

Hi Maldon boy! Man..remember these players are forced into plying a weird game style. Most have sick and tied of Neeld IMO. As I keep saying was certainly a strange appointment.

The members need to take over the club, make sure the [censored] CEO and Board are sacked and the players are all put on performance contracts.

That is exactly why we the members shouldn't run the club. How do you think the AFLPA would take performance based contracts? We would have no players and there is such a thing as a standard contract that is agreed upon by all clubs,players and the AFLPA.

Yes and they steer the meeting away from asking the hard questions. They won't take them.

I have been to most of the AGMs since 1988 and they have always taken questions from the floor and there have never been any restrictions on the content of the questions.

Hi Maldon boy! Man..remember these players are forced into plying a weird game style. Most have sick and tied of Neeld IMO. As I keep saying was certainly a strange appointment.

Appointing an experienced assistant coach at a Premiership team is a 'strange appointment'? No.

What is the 'weird game style'?

The weird game style is leaving all opposition players unmarked and on their own in their forward zone and allowing ALL of our forwards to be tagged in our own forward zone. Also almost none of our players get out into open space. Every kick is to a contest.

I have been to most of the AGMs since 1988 and they have always taken questions from the floor and there have never been any restrictions on the content of the questions.

That's not true, you obviously need to pay more attention. McLardy has clearly said the board won't be taking questions on certain topics at the last two AGMs.