Is Brock McLean one of the most respected and popular players in the AFL?

praha

Like you I'm delighted with pick 11.

I think the antagonism follows the hypocrisy. Here's a bloke espousing his love of the MFC , donating money etc one year - and walking out the next. As soon as it became obvious that he wasn't going to be captain - all that love disappeared and he was off

Yes it has all the Traits of a spoiled Brat not getting his way. That's why people around here feel a little cheated...Although the Club did a brilliant job gaining pick 11 for an over rated player. His 2009 season was a joke.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it has all the Traits of a spoiled Brat not getting his way. That's why people around here feel a little cheated...Although the Club did a brilliant job gaining pick 11 for an over rated player. His 2009 season was a joke.

He said he was only 50- 60 percent fit so the fact he finished 11th isn't too bad. In 2008 he was our best player. Pick 11 better be a good player cause we sure as hell are losing one. He busted his gut for the club and the fact we didnt even try to convince him to stay frustrates me. He clearly became disenfranchised with the club and is probably the best move for his career. All those who are saying the writting was on the wall with his spot in our team have rocks in our their heards, and a very short memory.

He busted his gut for the club and the fact we didnt even try to convince him to stay frustrates me. He clearly became disenfranchised with the club and is probably the best move for his career. All those who are saying the writting was on the wall with his spot in our team have rocks in our their heards, and a very short memory.

The Club didn't ask him to leave & were genuinely shocked from what i read.

If Brock "Busted his Gut for the club" as you say, he should have set himself his own high standards to eradicate the memories of a poor season.

But rather than work with & play with a bunch raw talented kids next year & Beyond, he chose to walk-His choice. I think Brent Moloney summed it all up pretty well.

Robbie Flower busted his Gut for our club through very lean years. Brock Mclean didn't & i hope he regrets that in a big way one day in the Future.

Considering The Filth couldn't get Ball for pick 25 we did a beautiful job getting pick 11.

I look forward to the Carlton game next year....

He said he was only 50- 60 percent fit so the fact he finished 11th isn't too bad. In 2008 he was our best player. Pick 11 better be a good player cause we sure as hell are losing one. He busted his gut for the club and the fact we didnt even try to convince him to stay frustrates me. He clearly became disenfranchised with the club and is probably the best move for his career. All those who are saying the writting was on the wall with his spot in our team have rocks in our their heards, and a very short memory.

You've got to be kidding. He played his heart out for Brock McLean when he thought he had a chance for the captaincy. He has always been slow - and he has always been reluctant to chase. When it became apparent last year that others were passing him in the pecking order, he should have gritted his teeth and worked harder again.Instead he went back to those who liked his confidence as a first year player - Ratten and Riley at Carlton - and gave Melbourne the heave-ho. Melbourne did try to persuade him to stay - but he was determined to get out

How many players have a managed injuries and loss of form and confidence to get to 100 games with the MFC ? Every one of them has shown a greater commitment to this club than Brock McLean did

You're sticking your boot in right up his arse aren't you?

We all know you never rated Brock.

Mclean made his own choice, he wasn't pushed.

I Hate Carlton in every way so i find it hard not to feel pity for Brock & also put the Boot in.

I am Glad MFC Supporters are pi$$ed off at his attitude. Shows a Bit of Passion Towards our Demon

his last 2 years very bloody ordinary, & rather than address that with a big pre season he took off.

Ime sure his dodgy ankle will just love the Rock Hard Surface at the airport, & wearing THAT jumper......

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but I like laughing at my own stupidity.

He is destroying Richmond atm, and has kicked a goal.

How often did he kick a goal within the first 20 minutes for us?

Sorry to bump this, but I like laughing at my own stupidity.

He is destroying Richmond atm, and has kicked a goal.

How often did he kick a goal within the first 20 minutes for us?

He is?

I wouldn't give him credit for much of it.

Is reaping he benefits of only having to be a role player now.

Good luck to him.

He is?

I wouldn't give him credit for much of it.

Is reaping he benefits of only having to be a role player now.

Good luck to him.

Exactly what I would have said. He is a chicken for not staying at Melbourne, but I obviously still love him.

Come on Dees........after hearing Brock just say after the game "I was just saying to the boys it's the first round 1 win I've played in since 2005" and watch him sing the Carlton song, let's prove he made the wrong decision, and get stuck into the Hawks!

Come on Dees........after hearing Brock just say after the game "I was just saying to the boys it's the first round 1 win I've played in since 2005" and watch him sing the Carlton song, let's prove he made the wrong decision, and get stuck into the Hawks!

He did make the wrong decision, but we got some good out of it too. We can still like Brock and also get stuck into the Hawks at the same time. The only way he can know if he made the right decision is if he plays in a Carlton Premiership.

I've never recieved so many compliments from supports of other clubs, especially magpies and bombers supporters, about a Melbourne player. My sisters b/f, who would die for the pies, says he despises Melbourne and thinks they don't deserve to be in the AFL (lol) apart from Brock.

Another friend, who is a Carlton supporter, says Brock McLean is his favourite player in the league.

Some family friends, who are the typical arrogant and ignorant essendon supporters, say they'd give up anyone (yes, ANYONE) on their team for Brock.

And that is only the start of it. I've heard many others.

He WILL be Melbournes next captain.

He WILL be Melbournes best ever player.

He WILL lead us to a premiership.

He WILL win a brownlow.

He IS a legend.

Are you from the Carlton crew?

Edited by dee-luded

He did make the wrong decision, but we got some good out of it too. We can still like Brock and also get stuck into the Hawks at the same time. The only way he can know if he made the right decision is if he plays in a Carlton Premiership.

Time WILL tell, but what I saw in that post game interview was an attitude... he was impatient. Knew we wouldn't be successful for a while. He hates losing. He can't hack it anymore. He doesn't see the big picture.

Carlton are currently pretty strong, but... Carlton could be in our position. They have a good number of high picks, and... They will do well... but... Pagan cost them the chance for a premiership in the next decade (loade up with old talent - ala Brisbane) because he needed to save his tail. sET THEM BACK 15 YEARS!!! They will be like the dogs of the last 5 years.... close, but...

No hope the Blues. We are not much better off... YET... mind you. We needed this year's top pick or 2. We are unlucky. The entry of GC and WS will cost us. We will still be bottom 2 or 3 this year and need the pick that result would entitle us to. Unfortunately we won't get it. Let's hope Watts turns out to be Reiwoldt or we are screwed!!!

But back to my point... Brock, whilst he will do better at Carlton for the next 12 months, would have been better off at Melbourne over the next 5 years. He is now the 4th or 5th midfielder and will get posessions at will being left unguarded. At Melbourne, he would have been tagged for the next 18 months. After that, could have collected ball at will. But didn't want to wait. Seeya... And good riddance. Anyone heard that grab on SEN about "if players don't want to play for th Carlton FC and want to earn more money elsewhere then they can go..." Haha... A bit rich (Johnson, McLean, jUDD, wARNOCK...). Well good luck Carlton. Try to buy your premiership a la 1980's style (kernahan, Bradley et al). It;s the 2010's. New rules. nOT SAYING WE WILL DO MUCH BETTER, BUT THEY ARE DOOMED TO SOME FRUSTRATING YEARS AHEAD.

I still love McLean as a player, even though it hurts on the inside to see him in enemy colours. He'll have a good season

Yes he will. Much better than he would have had at Melbourne. He wants to be 5th fiddle. He got his wish. He'll get 15-20 handballs a game. He'll be serviceable at a team that has a chance at 6th this year. But without Fev, they are lost. They thumped RICHMOND tonight... a team that makes us look like certain premiers this year... That left Kreuzer and Warnock to get ruck taps at will without an opponent. With a first year coach who makes Bailey circa 2008 look like bomber Thompson... I have a good knowledge of Richmond's list... they will not get much better than tonight. They are our biggest rival for 16th this year. We will fight it out like junk yard dogs for 15th in 2010. Carlton WILL benefit from having McLean on their list. McLean WILL benefit from being a midfielder with Judd, Murphy, Carazzo, Gibbs et al this year. They will NOT win a flag in the next 5 years. Losing Fev sealed their fate. Not saying WE will, but he has sold himself into the middle road.

I thought tonight's game was an appalling contest between a good ordinary team and a dreadful one. You simply can't judge a player's capabilities on this one game because, after quarter time it was played at pedestrian pace and Carlton was never under much pressure. The game would have suited Brock down to a tee.

Twelve months ago I was one of his biggest fans and would have placed him right up there as one of our best players. He wasn't anywhere near 100% fit in 2009 but still, on what he showed us last year, I was quite frankly relieved when he put up his hand to go and Melbourne readily accepted draft pick # 11. He needed a change from us and we needed a change from him. You can call it a falling out of love if you like but I still have no regrets after watching him play tonight.

I thought tonight's game was an appalling contest between a good ordinary team and a dreadful one. You simply can't judge a player's capabilities on this one game because, after quarter time it was played at pedestrian pace and Carlton was never under much pressure. The game would have suited Brock down to a tee.

Twelve months ago I was one of his biggest fans and would have placed him right up there as one of our best players. He wasn't anywhere near 100% fit in 2009 but still, on what he showed us last year, I was quite frankly relieved when he put up his hand to go and Melbourne readily accepted draft pick # 11. He needed a change from us and we needed a change from him. You can call it a falling out of love if you like but I still have no regrets after watching him play tonight.

Neither... Usually agree with you WJ. A good fit for both parties.

Agree Jack. Well written.