"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

AFL give us terrible draws, remove our funding, don't guarantee our loans and at the end of the TV rights period we are the Tassie Demons.

We've got the lowest number of supporters in the AFL, we are expendable.

You really don't get it.

If they shaft us, my good friend, the will have to hand back 1/9 of the TV rights...

No-one is getting left behind.

And leave your snide little remarks out - it does nothing to repair your incredibly low staning on this site.

Embrace people so that they may embrace you.

And, lol, at the Tassie reference. Again, I know the bloke in charge of the PR for that. The Tassie bid is nowhere. The AFL couldn't care less, and with NM and Haw sucking from that teet it will not be soon that they get a team.

What a precendent!

Fark it then. Go for it. But know this - the AFL will tell us it is for this certain Zulus joke but they will spin it as a measure against our tanking.

'Senior member of MFC fined for proposing club tank in meeting'

Humourless people in room take joke wrong way - cost club and individual fine and expulsion from game repectively.

'Sponsors demand MFC fire Connolly'

Opel Chairman Hans Gruber demanded the firing saying "We Germans are an honest people - we do not care for this ferendernoogle."

So McLardy gives him a job selling insurance - where's the Dom Perignon 2000?

Or sometimes you have to live to fight another day.

as what ??

oh yeah , that limp wristed easy beat over there.. theyre pushovers, gutless, spineless and plain fools.

id rather not thank you !

• Like 1

What would we be fighting for? We would have shown all and sundry that we'll cop any shite thrown at us. Better to take a stand and say this is the line. If we lose, we lose. At least we had a go.

Go DEES!

It would be a dead carcus the AFL would prop up to facilitate the broadcast deal....

We Fight or die. 2 choices.

By Fighting that means we fight for everybody...

Clearly not the post of a Melbourne supporter.

They have no MONEY, what part of that dont you understand, there reliant on the AFL for money,your a smart man join the dots.

So McLardy gives him a job selling insurance - where's the Dom Perignon 2000?

The nice thing is that when you stop beating your head against a brick wall it stops hurting after a while.

You may wish to consider it.

Sorry Redleg, I hadn't seen your earlier post.

The nice thing is that when you stop beating your head against a brick wall it stops hurting after a while.

One thing I know for sure and that is I haven't the faintest idea of what is happening or when it will.

For someone who was/is a self-confessed 'troll' or 'flamer' when it came to Wilson and her vicious and incorrect assertions against our club - you certainly are thin skinned and dismissive of others and their viewpoints.

At least Old will argue with decent intent.

You, and a couple others, namely RR and BH, just love to create your little 'straw men' arguments for those that disagree to make it easy to blow over anyone who has a different point of view.

Edited by rpfc

It would be a dead carcus the AFL would prop up to facilitate the broadcast deal....

We Fight or die. 2 choices.

By Fighting that means we fight for everybody...

WYL - what are we fighting for? In my view there are 2 things;

1. The Melbourne Football Club

2. Individuals (i. Schwab ii. Connolly iii. Bailey)

If we are charged for tanking, bloody fight like there's no tomorrow. We can't bend over, I do agree with that.

It's the individuals that is not so easy to fight. Based on the reports that we've all heard, I don't think it's worth fighting for CC (fighting = take it to court). This is in absolutely no way that I am bedning over, it's just that I refuse to fight a case that we won't win.

Nb. If Bailey is charged, I think we should take that to court as I would expect the AFL don't have sufficient evidence to prove him guilty.

AFL give us terrible draws, remove our funding, don't guarantee our loans and at the end of the TV rights period we are the Tassie Demons.

We've got the lowest number of supporters in the AFL, we are expendable.

You really don't get it.

Only because feint hearts like you want others to buy into that.

we're about as expendable in this game as air.

WE ARE THIS GAME...can you get that through your head ??

That's BS B59 and you know it.

last time i looked the rules were written by us.. No club has the absolute history we have of this game.

The halycon days and the greatest growth of the sport occurred when we were its power. The MCG is only the MCG because of US.. others play there but they didnt create its aura.( in a football sense )

This is actually a very defining moment for the club. This is when we need to remind the AFL they are their for US..and the other clubs..not by their good grace.

so its "they" now, not "us". freudian slip mjt?

why don't you just post on the forum site of the club you support

dont question my support, and if you want to, do it to my face.

Edited by mjt

last time i looked the rules were written by us.. No club has the absolute history we have of this game.

The halycon days and the greatest growth of the sport occurred when we were its power. The MCG is only the MCG because of US.. others play there but they didnt create its aura.( in a football sense )

This is actually a very defining moment for the club. This is when we need to remind the AFL they are their for US..and the other clubs..not by their good grace.

While I admire your passion for our history, our survival will not hinge on us being the maker of the game.

• Like 2

with apologies to the Scarlet Pimpernel

They seek us here, they seek us there
Those Inquisitors seek us everywhere
Is Bailey in heaven or is he in hell?
That damned elusive Tanking smell

We meddle with Anderson's Evolution
Tanking games each week
Spoiling every lovely promotion
La, what cheek!

Those Media Hacks seek us everywhere
If you should see them tank, please do give a yell!

Haddad and Clothier seek us everywhere
Oh, Cuddles, how the Inquisitors do implore you
Simply to stay home in bed
With all your interference
It's a chore to chop your head!

The Inquisitors seek us everywhere!
We give the Inquisitors nothing but frustration
Sink me! We're such a spoilsport
Each and every damned revelation
We cut short

Those pesky Inquisitors seek us everywhere
Is Schwabby in heaven or is he in hell?
  • Like 1

Time to watch the Film ZULU with Michael Cain...If you have not seen it

DO IT NOW...we are in that exact scenario now...and i know which side of the fence i am standing.

Personally, I'm with the Zulus, the desperate effort of an army with limited weapons and just their mad courage, trying to overcome a ruthless and treaty-breaking attempt to subjugate them by a foreign power well-resourced, established in a fortified position and wielding fast firing lethal weapons with skill and efficiency born of decades of similar conflict while subjugating an empire that spanned the earth...

Can't be be the Rats of Tobruk, instead?

• Like 5

with apologies to the Scarlet Pimpernel

Those Inquisitors seek us everywhere

Is Bailey in heaven or is he in hell?

We meddle with Anderson's Evolution

Tanking games each week

Spoiling every lovely promotion

La, what cheek!

Those Media Hacks seek us everywhere

If you should see them tank, please do give a yell!

Haddad and Clothier seek us everywhere

Oh, Cuddles, how the Inquisitors do implore you

Simply to stay home in bed

With all your interference

It's a chore to chop your head!

The Inquisitors seek us everywhere!

We give the Inquisitors nothing but frustration

Sink me! We're such a spoilsport

Each and every damned revelation

We cut short

Those pesky Inquisitors seek us everywhere
Is Schwabby in heaven or is he in hell?

You need to find a job.

• Like 1

WYL - what are we fighting for? In my view there are 2 things;

1. The Melbourne Football Club

2. Individuals (i. Schwab ii. Connolly iii. Bailey)

If we are charged for tanking, bloody fight like there's no tomorrow. We can't bend over, I do agree with that.

It's the individuals that is not so easy to fight. Based on the reports that we've all heard, I don't think it's worth fighting for CC (fighting = take it to court). This is in absolutely no way that I am bedning over, it's just that I refuse to fight a case that we won't win.

Nb. If Bailey is charged, I think we should take that to court as I would expect the AFL don't have sufficient evidence to prove him guilty.

Billy it is my opinion that if ANY person is charged and goes down for tanking, then the stigma of that will stick for 10-20 years which will effectively kill the club. Forget ever becoming strong.

But if we fight like the Demon Checker Hughes told us we are then we have a chance to get stronger.

Simply mate...it is one in all in for me.

I do not subscribe to the Bahgdad Theory of sucking up to the AFL [censored] when the charges are so shallow.

Edited by why you little

Gee I will be glad when this whole lot of crap is over.....Then people can get back to bagging Jack Watts.......What do you mean that have not stopped???????

Billy it is my opinion that if ANY person is charged and goes down for tanking, then the stigma of that will stick for 10-20 years which will effectively kill the club. Forget ever becoming strong.

But if we fight like the Demon Checker Hughes told us we are then we have a chance to get stronger.

Simply mate...it is one in all in for me.

I do not subscribe to the Bahgdad Theory of sucking up to the AFL [censored] when the charges are so shallow.

If we are done for tanking, or any individual associated with the club for that matter, then we fight to clear our name.

If CC is done for bringing the game in to disrepute for his imbecilic "joke" about us needing to lose games to "stay the course", then I'm sorry, he can go it alone.

It could end up being a case of CC being responsiblie for the crap we have had to put up with over the past 7 months. I will have no sympathy for him if he faces a life ban.

For me, how far we take this will boil down to who is charged, what the charges are, and what was in that 800-page document.

If what I expect happens and CC is banned, I can't see how anyone would want to take this to court, as we will not win. It will be up to us to prove comments from witnesses wrong, and I think that's something that we couldn't do. If one or more persons were offended or felt bullied by CC's "joke" about losing their jobs if they don't stay the course, then we have got zero chance of winning that.

Actually you dont have to prove the witnesses wrong - in a civil action ( which this would be) it is balance of probabilities - would the average person be offended or feel bullied by CC's comments - clearly, by his admissions, the person who was in the best position to make CC's comments a reality (DB) didnt take him seriously. If there is a charge against CC for his "comments" and he is dismissed he would have a good case for wrongful dismissal.

For a charge against CC for his ill conceived comments to be accepted unhindered, I suggest it would need CC's compliance to accept the charge and penalty ( ie a deal done and accepted).

If CC is done for bringing the game in to disrepute for his imbecilic "joke" about us needing to lose games to "stay the course", then I'm sorry, he can go it alone.

It could end up being a case of CC being responsiblie for the crap we have had to put up with over the past 7 months. I will have no sympathy for him if he faces a life ban.

A life ban for an imbecilic joke ? So you would jettison CC in heartbeat. Just what we need - an angry CC going to court to clear his name furious at the MFC for throwing him to the wolves.

If you have no problem with CC being banned for life are you that confident that he wont take on the saving of his reputation by himself and are you also confident that he wont have some choice words about his ex employer who shafted him ?

• Like 3