• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

Speaking of C Wilson and the Wilson File, Demonlanders might want to reflect on this C Wilson who once played in an MFC premiership:-

Colin Wilson

DOB: 23 July, 1933

Debut: Round 4, 1954 against Fitzroy at MCG

Last Game: Round 18, 1959 against South Melbourne at Lake Oval

Games: 63

Goals: 1

Number: 33 1954-1959

Honours:

Premiership Player - 1957

Grand Final team - 1958

Carlton, Richmond and North tried to win the services of the ruckman/defender in 1957, but Wilson stayed with the Demons. It proved a wise move as he lifted a premiership that year. He played first ruck in that side, before being in a back pocket in the losing 1958 team.

His brother Brian did a pre-season with the Demons in 1956 but was not signed.

Served as Reserves coach in 1978.

Info: from Demonwiki

Speaking of C Wilson and the Wilson File, Demonlanders might want to reflect on this C Wilson who once played in an MFC premiership:-

Colin Wilson

DOB: 23 July, 1933

Debut: Round 4, 1954 against Fitzroy at MCG

Last Game: Round 18, 1959 against South Melbourne at Lake Oval

Games: 63

Goals: 1

Number: 33 1954-1959

Honours:

Premiership Player - 1957

Grand Final team - 1958

Carlton, Richmond and North tried to win the services of the ruckman/defender in 1957, but Wilson stayed with the Demons. It proved a wise move as he lifted a premiership that year. He played first ruck in that side, before being in a back pocket in the losing 1958 team.

His brother Brian did a pre-season with the Demons in 1956 but was not signed.

Served as Reserves coach in 1978.

Info: from Demonwiki

Recruited from Ormond, Colin went on to play with the Horsham Demons following his VFL career.

i decided ages ago that she has obviously never been part of a team - she picks up on stuff and makes a big deal out of things that a team player would shrug their shoulders at.

i dont have an example but as someone who works closely in a team professionally every day and also has played team sports since the age of 8, i wouldnt want her in my team for anything.

It would be interesting to get observations on this from others who've seen Carolie* at reasonably close hand. It's not just a minor character issue; it goes to the heart of her ability to understand the team dimension of sport (and the team dimension of sports and club administration, for that matter).

* apologies for the error. My keyboard 'n' keeps sticking whenever I try to type the name. It's fine the rest of the time.

More chinese whipsers to come ...

I heard from a friend of a friend who is a friend of someone at the rage where the forementioned works (might pray that will be past tense) worked.

She is now scouring thru all of our NAB Cup games, seems there might be some more clues we experimented with playing recruits etc not in their positions that were written on their CV. It ruined their careers, it's not we can't develop players, but because player X was not a back, but a forward.

And our poor win record in all pre-season games. One ex MFC recruiter walked, as he had caught wind of this. Carlscum seems to be good with coverups, and thinks he is safer there.

• Like 2

The Sunday Herald Sun keeps the tanking controversy bubbling over with some words of wisdom -

Tanking probe must go beyond Demons, says Ron Barassi

Whenever the AFL's ready I'm willing to talk about how a former Carlton board member predicted three weeks in advance of the Kreuzer Cup that his club would end up getting the priority pick it so desperately needed to snare, not only Kreuzer but a big fish from another AFL club that was already committed to the Blues.

• Like 6

A more blatant attempt at losing a match was GWS v GCS this year.

They virtually admitted they were trying to lose.

But they focus on the oldest club and prop up the synthetic franchise.

Barrassi is right.

When all of this is over, the AfL should give us Tippett, Toumpas and Wines as compensation.

• Like 1

If commonsense prevails,lets hope so for not just us but for the future of the game:

Unofficial press release:

AFL to the media announcement

I have been handed the findings of the investigative team into the 'alleged' tanking of games of the Melbourne Football Club.

It is their understanding,that there is NO conclusive evidence that the Melb Football Club,deliberately lost any AFL matches in 2009.

From their intensive research, that involved taking statements from personal that were seen to be involved,that they could NOT reach a conclusion

of guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. I therefore would like the thank the team of investagators on their diligent and thorough investigation

and the matter is now closed. I would like to remind you the AFL has now put in place a draft system that will discourage any club in the future

of putting the League or clubs in a postion,that we have just investigated.

signed A.D.

(Andrew feel free to contact me, you can use this to get yourself of the hook)

OR

Worst case senario

Our elected team of investigators have handed down their report on the 'alleged" tanking of games of the Melb Football club

It is of their understanding there is enough evidence to suggest the findings be handed to the AFL commission.

On reaching that descision, the AFL commission will review all the evidence that has been submitted,and will decide what penalities should be handed down. I would also like to add,this is NOT the end of the matter,as it has been brought to their and the AFLs attention,that other clubs in the past have also been involved in the undertaking of or similar practices we will be also investigating those matters. We take a dim view of bringing games in disrepute. We will await the ruling of the Commission for their outcome on any penalities should they decide to be placed on clubs.

If one club goes down, (i have posted my views on another thread) 1/3 of the league clubs goes down with us.

An even playing field for all. The 1st option is the bext outcome for all involved. I still think they have found a road to rorting, but its a deadend.

The Sunday Herald Sun keeps the tanking controversy bubbling over with some words of wisdom -

Whenever the AFL's ready I'm willing to talk about how a former Carlton board member predicted three weeks in advance of the Kreuzer Cup that his club would end up getting the priority pick it so desperately needed to snare, not only Kreuzer but a big fish from another AFL club that was already committed to the Blues.

WJ, I remember reading a story which detailed how Judd got to Carlton dating back to his introduction to Richard Pratt during the Melbourne Cup carnival. The stakes for Carlton in '08 were infinitely higher than they were for us in '09. The sham interview process conducted by Judd with other clubs! I can't believe no reporters have ever dug deeper on it. Perhaps the fear of Pratts well contentedness discouraged it and Melbourne slips into the frame as an easier target?

If an investigation occurred I do wonder how hard the AFL would really go? They were cuckolded by Judd's 3rd party deal with Visy so I wouldn't be surprised if they knew more but were staying mute. The whole business of Carlton '07 had a stench 10 times worse than Melbourne in '09.

• Like 1

A more blatant attempt at losing a match was GWS v GCS this year.

They virtually admitted they were trying to lose.

Round 21 Freo v Hawthorn 2010 was still the best evidence of tanking I've ever seen.

More than 12 of Freo's best 22 were sidelined and they were beaten by 116 points.

They only needed to win 1 out of 2 games to secure a home final and thought they would have a better chance against Carlton in Round 22 so they rested their best players.

Ps the odds for the game were Freo: $2.25, Hawks: $1.67 - which is much better than the odds we allegedly tanked

More chinese whipsers to come ...

She is now scouring thru all of our NAB Cup games, seems there might be some more clues we experimented with playing recruits etc not in their positions that were written on their CV. It ruined their careers, it's not we can't develop players, but because player X was not a back, but a forward.

Oh no we tanked all year JW played in the backline and not KPF as recruited. Shite!!

• Like 1

Afternoon all - I'm a Demonologist, just dropping in to check up on something.

I'm trying to write an article about this whole tanking garbage from the supporter's perspective- been scrolling through trying to find where Sheedy admitted 'tanking' of a kind when he played mainly young players and won a premiership - would anyone be good enough to point me in its direction?

Cheers

J

Afternoon all - I'm a Demonologist, just dropping in to check up on something.

I'm trying to write an article about this whole tanking garbage from the supporter's perspective- been scrolling through trying to find where Sheedy admitted 'tanking' of a kind when he played mainly young players and won a premiership - would anyone be good enough to point me in its direction?

Cheers

J

Mate, not hard. Have you heard of Google??

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/trying-times-with-a-team-that-wasnt-very-good-20121031-28k86.html?skin=text-only

• Like 1

Thanks jnrmac

Google? What's that?

Nah, was sitting there googling for a while - so many references to Sheedy popped up, I got sick of looking at the old bull-frog, so I thought I'd drop in here, say hello and take advantage of yr collective wisdom to find the answer

Cheers

• Like 1

WJ, I'd be delivering a letter to:

Investigations Dept,

AFL,

I believe you are a lawyer? be very hard to ignore you.

Thanks jnrmac

Google? What's that?

Nah, was sitting there googling for a while - so many references to Sheedy popped up, I got sick of looking at the old bull-frog, so I thought I'd drop in here, say hello and take advantage of yr collective wisdom to find the answer

Cheers

I typed in 'Sheedy tanking 1993' and it was the first article!!

Congratulations!

(Must admit, I couldn't remember which premiership it was referring to or where I read it - the posts about the tanking inquiry and Wilson seemed to go on forever - I think I just typed in Sheedy premierships - thought it might have been one of the eighties ones - forgot it was in the Flanagan article - anyway, I've spent more time replying to you than I would have in looking for it, so we'll stop there)

cheers

What I find interesting is the way the media has treated certain information relating to the investigation.

On the one hand, you have the sensationalist way in which Caroline Wilson and others have dealt with their revelations including bold headlines, the use of emotive language with some inferences drawn from allegations which don't necessarily add up. We had the sinister sounding "vault", secret meetings with shadowy characters acting furtively to ensure that the readership adds one plus one to come up with three, four or five.

On the other hand, the revelations countering the "vault" allegation such as that of Dean Bailey not only denying that he had ordered players to toss games but also that the alleged threats about the consequences of winning more than four games were actually part of a 30 second "aside" in a normally scheduled meeting and not a secretly called discussion specifically on the subject, is quietly tucked away in the middle of an article. Similarly with Ricky Petterd's statement that he knew nothing about players being told to not try to win.

It seems that it's only the sensation seeking stories that get prominence.

But I suppose we knew that anyway.

• Like 4

Interesting to see a decidedly jaded CW on the ABC's Offsiders program yesterday. Both Roy Masters and Francis Leach virtually told CW how wrong she was and that the AFL was to blame for putting in place a system which promoted less than 100% efforts. Masters - understanding he is a NRL hack - was particularly caustic in his criticism of the AFL.

Once again, in her meek defence of herself, CW said, but the difference here is that a "player" has provided evidence. A player or ex-player Caroline? Who is that player Caroline? Sorry, I forgot, you have to protect your source. Ever heard of disgruntled former employees?

If this goes to Court, your protected source will no longer be protected and may well wilt under close examination of that "Player's" testimony. As you said yesterday Caroline, the only ones likely to win here will be the Lawyers. So why the sensationalist diatribe?

• Like 3

Interesting to see a decidedly jaded CW on the ABC's Offsiders program yesterday. Both Roy Masters and Francis Leach virtually told CW how wrong she was and that the AFL was to blame for putting in place a system which promoted less than 100% efforts. Masters - understanding he is a NRL hack - was particularly caustic in his criticism of the AFL.

Once again, in her meek defence of herself, CW said, but the difference here is that a "player" has provided evidence. A player or ex-player Caroline? Who is that player Caroline? Sorry, I forgot, you have to protect your source. Ever heard of disgruntled former employees?

If this goes to Court, your protected source will no longer be protected and may well wilt under close examination of that "Player's" testimony. As you said yesterday Caroline, the only ones likely to win here will be the Lawyers. So why the sensationalist diatribe?

Who, Brock? Or Blind Freddie?