Caroline Wilson's descent into gutter journalism

titan_uranus

Have any of you guys met CC before?

I'd say its highly likely that he said to the room that they'd be fired if we didn't get a priority pick.

That's his sense of humour down to a tee.

Problem is, how does that look to investigators?

Surely the club couldn't be sanctioned over a flippant comment??

would be sad if a piece of humour put us down...

Don't get mad, with the club not being able to reply/choosing not to reply, our time will come, be patient - I trust it will be worth it.

Club should be on the front foot like Eddy would be Typical weak melbourne response roll over play dead play by the rules jolly good show What?

It is interesting that she appears to have changed tack from "Melbourne did tank" to "Melbourne conspired to tank".

If she has that correct we are in the clear on Rule 19A as that only deals with Coaches or Players actually tanking. Maybe this has something to do with the coercion applied to witnesses, so that they put the club in, but not themselves and therefore are not punished.

This result would allow the AFl to not penalize us if there is no finding of actual tanking but rather being told to by officials.

Another side to this is, can you actually tank, if your best is not good enough to win anyway and the players all do their best to win, despite what is happening off the field.

Guest José Mourinho

So it was the vault of jokes, a bit like the chamber of farts?

It's a tough pitch but heck let's go with it.

Have you met him? That's what he's like.

And I just don't think CC is stupid enough to say it outright, unless it was clearly a joke...

As we all should know, many a truth said in jest.

Sends the message.

But I don't believe it would have been given as an instruction.

We are the only team to win a game that losing would have given us a priority pick and we did it twice.

Nice pick up Redleg. But reporting that wouldn't sell papers would it??

If we were tankers we would have got 3 picks instead of the one PP we did get.......

If she has that correct we are in the clear on Rule 19A as that only deals with Coaches or Players actually tanking. Maybe this has something to do with the coercion applied to witnesses, so that they put the club in, but not themselves and therefore are not punished.

This result would allow the AFl to not penalize us if there is no finding of actual tanking but rather being told to by officials.

Another side to this is, can you actually tank, if your best is not good enough to win anyway and the players all do their best to win, despite what is happening off the field.

It also covers the AFL which is their primary concern.

The MFC have done nothing wrong They have used the AFL rules to advantage just like West Coast Richmond carlton Pies and Hawks

Can you imagine the president of Collingwood putting up with this shite from Caro alledged jounalist and the other hacks beating this up they do it because the club is weak and refuses to challenge the allegations Eddie or Brian Cooke would be on the front foot and it would either wouldnt happen or would go away

If the AFL dares to impose sanctions then MFC must take legal action The MFC have done nothing illegal and a court would confirm it

For Gods sake McLardy get of your bum and challenge the articles and the AFL

This is a defining moment in our history we must meet it hard and succeed The club just looks pissweak allowing everybody else to run the agenda

The management of this club is a joke!

Calm down sport, the most important thing here is to get past the draft without any finding and also to work with the AFL to find a solution, not to go mad and make it worse. The AFL want a solution as well, this is a mess.

• Like 4

It appears Schwab, McLardy and co have made themselves unavailable to the media so far. They don't want to answer some very tough questions. They have the right of reply to the media allegations but they choose not to.

Now I now you are an idiot with a hatred of these people. You want them to try this matter in the press like the media is attempting to do. That is clueless.

• Like 4

Calm down sport, the most important thing here is to get past the draft without any finding and also to work with the AFL to find a solution, not to go mad and make it worse. The AFL want a solution as well, this is a mess.

Thanks RL :Im calm now.How much can a club bear in one year This has got to be some sort of record and surely must reflect pooly on the club management and the board that they report toGee its hard to follow this club sometimes - just when you have topped up your optimism glass something else happens

• Like 1

Who is going to fire a shot at the AFL for bringing in the Priority Pick and then tell everyone that no one will abuse it.

Its the general flow in the AFL. Manage what you have so you can get the best outcome for your future. AFL has been doing this for years in the way they manage the AFL Premiership Draw. Individual teams should not own Public Holiday games. That does not make for fair competition. Makes the gap between the clubs bigger and always giving the smaller clubs a financial top up.

McLardy has made a statement:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/150671/default.aspx

“The Board of the MFC is concerned to ensure that the MFC is treated fairly and properly. The Board will fully co-operate with an independent, lawful and transparent process. The Board has sought an assurance from the AFL that natural justice will be afforded to the MFC, its players, employees and staff through the investigation.

Thanks RL :Im calm now.How much can a club bear in one year This has got to be some sort of record and surely must reflect pooly on the club management and the board that they report toGee its hard to follow this club sometimes - just when you have topped up your optimism glass something else happens

hang in there Jack..Remember the old saying..."Revenge is best served cold"

I am suprised at how much CW is allowed to print, paticularly todays story..but it will all be remembered i hope within the 4 walls of a courtroom if it needs to go that far.

McLardy has made a statement:

http://www.melbourne...71/default.aspx

“The Board of the MFC is concerned to ensure that the MFC is treated fairly and properly. The Board will fully co-operate with an independent, lawful and transparent process. The Board has sought an assurance from the AFL that natural justice will be afforded to the MFC, its players, employees and staff through the investigation.

The good news is there's no way the AFL can re-start their investigation under those terms before the 22nd.

Though I suppose leaking everything to Caro counts as 'transparent'.

It is very frustrating I know. I am waiting for the club to be accused of causing the storm in the US. It would be the only thing they haven't thrown at us yet.

Which is what I've said all along regarding the players.

Btw, great post last night Redleg, not that I needed re-affirming of my love for the club, however reading it underlined it, and it felt good.

B-H.... I knew you didn't have a tipping point.

You really are stupid aren't you; if CC resigned today it would almost be an admission of guilt and what purpose would that serve?

Your hatred for CS and CC is borderline dangerous and they obviously cut you out of the process when they kicked you out of the club. Seek help before you do something to harm yourself.

true about Connolly. lets just hope Chris C is binding his time because allegations are damning. But hey...that's all they are...allegations.

I still find it hard to believe that if you take a rubbish team which can hardly win a game and then engage in match fixing in an attempt to ensure a loss that it is possible to be ahead when the final siren sounds.

How absolutely incompetent would you be if you as the match fixer can't ensure that your team is comfortably defeated? It defies logic.

The point is there was no match fixing.

The board is saying what it needs to say. We've been dragged through the mud all week. When the AFL gets around to finalising its investigation, we deserve to be able to reply in a formal, proper, fair manner.

Demetriou's stance as depicted in The Australian is a huge help to us. He seems to have suggested that he only accepts the narrow definition of tanking (i.e. telling players to lose). Which makes sense. The AFL doesn't want tanking. It wants to be able to support its clubs and it doesn't want there to be an issue. The AFL wants its clubs to take a long term view, as it wants long term prosperity. That's why they give high draft picks to the worst clubs, FFS.

I am increasingly of the view that we will only be in trouble if the AFL finds a directive telling players to lose. And I am increasingly of the view that Caroline Wilson is drawing long bows between what she has found out and what she wants the situation to be.

People need to calm down and look at the facts. The facts, as yet, do not show that anyone at Melbourne told players to lose, or not try their best. The facts so far only show that we had meetings discussing the value of the PP, and the impact it would have on our attempt to get our 13th flag.

The facts show that players sensed something was up. Wow. No sh*t. So did everyone else in the world.

Let's all calm down. For now, at least, the facts still haven't ended it for us.

• Like 9

Boom Boom!

She said Tanking we said what

She said Tanking we said what you want

She said Tanking we said what No way!

We said Tanking ha ha ha just go away

When I woke up this morning I was feeling fine

But this she mouse squeaked and started to whine.

What a bloody whinge ,what an almighty crime !

You would swear she'd just burnt her mouth, on a hot meat Pie!

So I called up the MFC but to no avail.

That's why I'm telling you this sorry tale

She went boom, boom I said shut up

She went boom. boom I said go 'find ' yourself!

'Well', I'm aware that this women must do her work

But this Whining woman drive's me berserk

Even when she lies she still gets paid.

With unsubstantiated claims helping fatten her pay!

I've been to the east I been to the west

But the women I like most are the ones who listen the best.

I don't like witches nor haggard old [censored] .

Nor those women that wear pants and play in ditches"

Well hello MFC where you been

MFC say's stand aside 'coos were angry and feeling mean.

We've had a gut full of this women and were- feeling bad

She's just an ugly old battleaxe right down to her britches.

Boom, Boom.

She said Tanking. MFC said enough

She said Tanking. MFC said that's enough!

She said Tanking. MFC said cop this writ

She said Finished. MFC said no its not

Caro said Sorry. MFC said no you're not !

Caro said Sorry. MFC says, no but you will be soon enough.

Boom !

My appologies to the sensible.

• Like 3

Boom Boom!

She said Tanking we said what

She said Tanking we said what you want

She said Tanking we said what No way!

We said Tanking ha ha ha just go away

When I woke up this morning I was feeling fine

But this she mouse squeaked and started to whine.

What a bloody whinge ,what an almighty crime !

You would swear she'd just burnt her mouth, on a hot meat Pie!

So I called up the MFC but to no avail.

That's why I'm telling you this sorry tale

She went boom, boom I said shut up

She went boom. boom I said go 'find ' yourself!

'Well', I'm aware that this women must do her work

But this Whining woman drive's me berserk

Even when she lies she still gets paid.

With unsubstantiated claims helping fatten her pay!

I've been to the east I been to the west

But the women I like most are the ones who listen the best.

I don't like witches nor haggard old [censored] .

Nor those women that wear pants and play in ditches"

Well hello MFC where you been

MFC say's stand aside 'coos were angry and feeling mean.

We've had a gut full of this women and were- feeling bad

She's just an ugly old battleaxe right down to her britches.

Boom, Boom.

She said Tanking. MFC said enough

She said Tanking. MFC said that's enough!

She said Tanking. MFC said cop this writ

She said Finished. MFC said no its not

Caro said Sorry. MFC said no you're not !

Caro said Sorry. MFC says, no but you will be soon enough.

Boom !

My appologies to the sensible.

F$&@k i didn't expect this!!!! Hahaha..