• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

You don't have to be a lunatic but it helps (apparently)

AAhhh the old VFA.....loved it on a Sunday afternoon....Big Tom Quinn.....Buster Harland....Sam Holt....Great days....

That is where I learnt to swear and appreciate Four & Twenty pies!

I come from a Collingwood family. My younger brother and I were the two black sheep initially (Essendon and Melbourne) though he, strangely enough, got on the Collingwood bandwagon after the 1990 Grand Final. My path to Melbourne was a little different. I started taking notice of the footy around 1986, mostly because of Mark Jackson releasing 'I'm an individual'. To a 6 year old kid, that seemed pretty cool and I was on the Cats at that stage. When we moved from Greensborough to Geelong in 1988, I was stoked but strangely enough, it was around this time Dad talked me around to barracking for Collingwood. His biggest mistake (or was it mine?) was to take me to finals matches vs. Melbourne at the end of the 80's. I always remember going home shattered after the Dees handed Collingwood their arse in that finals series and I decided that I wasn't going to feel that way anymore and became a Demon. I was heartbroken again when I found out pretty bloody quickly that Melbourne's good run over Collingwood wasn't a phenomenon that lasted over it's history! I remember going to the G and crying under a blanket as Collingwood thumped us by 10 goals. I got some satisfaction in September none the less as Melbourne upset Collingwood at Waverley. I even forced everyone to stay behind till the siren went and then endured a four hour wait in the shocking Waverley carparks! At that stage we lived in Wangaratta, so as you could imagine Dad was far from impressed!

Edited by Guest

I'm a Demon and all my offspring will be Demons.

I'm not the type to allow free choice on the issue.

They can experiment with drugs and their sexuality if they want.

Some decisions are too important to be left to minors.

• Like 7

I'm a Demon and all my offspring will be Demons.

I'm not the type to allow free choice on the issue.

They can experiment with drugs and their sexuality if they want.

Some decisions are too important to be left to minors.

Now that's what I call responsible parenting. Michael Carr-Grigg - eat your heart out!

You don't pick a club.The club picks you.The Demons were the club Jim Stynes and Sean Wight played for.This is the club that represents the city of Melbourne as a whole.The other clubs in Melbourne represent suburbs and surrounding areas.The Demons were here first anyway before those upstart clubs came along.I also reckon the only club song that can rival It's A Grand Old Flag is the Bulldogs one.I also support the Demons because i'd love to see them win a 13th flag for Jimmy Sean Wight Troy Broadbridge and guys like Robbie Flower and Stan Alves who were unlucky that their peak years coincided with the clubs post 1964 barren period.At the moment im just immersing myself in reading about the cubs history.It's a pity that we went into that post 1964 barren period.If we could have landed even one flag in the 70's 80's 90's and noughties we'd be on 16 flags now with Essendon and Carlton.As it is were debt free,we have a manager that is reforming this club from the bottom up and surely this year was as low as it's going to get on the playing field.I don't know when flag number 13 is going to arrive but the journey to that moment has started!If my future kids ever decide to support an AFL team they will only have 2 options The Demons or The Western Bulldogs!I'd also love to see Footscray land a second flag but sadly i think they blew their chance around 09/2010.I hope im wrong but i think the dogs will be doing well if their still in business in 10 years time.I see hard times ahead for them.

Edited by Irish Demon
  • Like 1

I wouldn't begrudge them that seeing that it was their one and only flag but then again Luke Darcy and that piece of work Jason Akermanis played for the dogs.I've just visited the Whitten Oval forum and the doggies are angry.According to one poster on that site Chris Dawes will want to come to the dogs after he's spent 2 years with us when apparently they will be on the rise while we'll be still stuck in the bottom four.Hmm i don't think having a second favourite club is such a good idea after all!

Edited by Irish Demon

You don't pick a club.The club picks you.The Demons were the club Jim Stynes and Sean Wight played for.This is the club that represents the city of Melbourne as a whole.The other clubs in Melbourne represent suburbs and surrounding areas.The Demons were here first anyway before those upstart clubs came along.I also reckon the only club song that can rival It's A Grand Old Flag is the Bulldogs one.I also support the Demons because i'd love to see them win a 13th flag for Jimmy Sean Wight Troy Broadbridge and guys like Robbie Flower and Stan Alves who were unlucky that their peak years coincided with the clubs post 1964 barren period.At the moment im just immersing myself in reading about the cubs history.It's a pity that we went into that post 1964 barren period.If we could have landed even one flag in the 70's 80's 90's and noughties we'd be on 16 flags now with Essendon and Carlton.As it is were debt free,we have a manager that is reforming this club from the bottom up and surely this year was as low as it's going to get on the playing field.I don't know when flag number 13 is going to arrive but the journey to that moment has started!If my future kids ever decide to support an AFL team they will only have 2 options The Demons or The Western Bulldogs!I'd also love to see Footscray land a second flag but sadly i think they blew their chance around 09/2010.I hope im wrong but i think the dogs will be doing well if their still in business in 10 years time.I see hard times ahead for them.

Cannot agree ID

The Tigers song is easily the best in the AFL

IMO beats all others hands down.

I actually think the bulldogs song is ordinary.

Cannot agree ID

all the original teams have great songs.

Eagles is probably the worst in the AFL, hands down.

Close second would be that eastern block sounding garbage that GWS have.

• Like 2

Cannot agree ID

Have to disagree OD. I think there is an earthy proletariat aspect to ' bulldogs rising in the west'. Or does that sound like juvenile BS?

• Like 1

• Like 2

Cannot agree ID

Yep..TIgers is clearly the best.Theres no knocking it.Its naturally old school and everyone loves it.

Ours is also a great song &.if you dont feel upbeat after hearing the grand old flag theres something wrong!

The Dogs song sounds like complete durge and is depressing...same as Freo...what a discrace of a song.

How can anybody think "Sons of the 'scray" is a great song on this website!!!

Am i dreaming or has an old acid trip returned from my early 20's??

That song is so bad...

The Tigers is by far the best, although it sucks when we play them..St.kilda's song is just benal...(1 line..repeat)

The American civil war anthem...(our song) totally rocks at high volume through my itunes!!

• Like 1

How can anybody think "Sons of the 'scray" is a great song on this website!!!

Am i dreaming or has an old acid trip returned from my early 20's??

That song is so bad...

The Tigers is by far the best, although it sucks when we play them..St.kilda's song is just benal...(1 line..repeat)

The American civil war anthem...(our song) totally rocks at high volume through my itunes!!

This could be the post that could sink me on this site but i love the old Footscray song!I love that line we'll never stop smiling if we win or lose.I find it charming that their celebrating being happy losers.I also love the lyrics in the newer version of the Western Bulldogs/Footscray song.Bulldogs fight and bulldogs roar we give our very best but you can't beat the boys of the bulldog breed were the team of the mighty west.It's like the whole western suburbs are singing with passion.I like the Richmond song but for emotional impact you can't beat It's A Grand Old Flag.When i hear it i always get a lump in my throat because Jim Stynes Sean Wight Troy Broadbridge and all the great men from this club that gave their lives for their country during the war live on when that song is played.I enjoyed reading about when the Demons were losing badly at half time against Essendon during a finals match in 1957 when John Beckwith started to defiantly sing It's A Grand Old Flag in the team room.The boys came back and nearly beat Essendon and went on to beat them by over 60 points a few weeks later.I have It's A Grand Old Flag,Sons Of The West and Sons Of The Scray on my ipod.I sometimes like to play them over and over again.I find North Melbournes and St Kildas songs to be the worst of the victorian clubs but for all round awfulness you can't beat the Meth Coast Eagles song.Phony and artificial it sums up nicely everything that's wrong with that club.

Edited by Irish Demon

Well as ridiculous as it may seem and as irrelevant as the team is I reckon the Giants song got a bit of verve !! Probably just my Russian heritage coming out! Mind you a fav group are the Leningrad Cowboys lol :)

• Like 1

.I find North Melbournes and St Kildas songs to be the worst of the victorian clubs but for all round awfulness you can't beat the Meth Coast Eagles song.Phony and artificial it sums up nicely everything that's wrong with that club.

For me, North Melbourne has the worst song in the competition. It's just seems weird and patched together to me. Like they couldn't decide between two songs so they decided to just combined them.

• Like 1

I'm 20 and come from a family full of tigers, what drew me in was the colors tand the exciting players , yze robbo the wiz etc.

going through such a struggle has made me even more passionate although i question myself a lot. when ever and if we so get that flag boy will it be an amazing feeling.

Edited by Carn dees
  • Like 1

I'm 20 and come from a family full of tigers, what drew me in was the colors tand the exciting players , yze robbo the wiz etc.

going through such a struggle has married even more passionate although i question myself a lot. when ever and if we so get that flag boy will it be an amazing feeling.

At least you didn't give up much by not being a Richmond supporter.
  • Like 2

At least you didn't give up much by not being a Richmond supporter.

Not sure about that Chook I think they beat us twice last year and had a way better year than the Dees.

I seem to remember the Tigers beat both Grand finalists during the year.

The closest the Dees got was about 8 goals to one and 15 to the other.

They have a better song as well.