• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Like how we assumed the group of professionals of the last 5 year would work and knew what they were doing?

Your right Olisik, they made some good,,, & some pathetic decisions over the last 5 yrs. Which inturn compounded our woes of the past 15 Yrs.

The culture clearout is in action with a stiff broom, & some new older heads without the 'My-place' poor attitudes of the past.

We should be able to start 2013 with out too much negative ways of self protectionism, & many players who will enjoy they're fresh opportunities.

Hopefully this will end up with a great deal of friendly but fierce competition for team places.

I, for one am happy with this sudden change, But would have liked to have had P13 or P20 still available for the draft. But all in all, am relieved on our direction so far.

Still not out of the question to get a pick in the 20's or early 30's. Depends how the trades fall tomorrow. Either going to be a hectic last day or a fizzer. Lets see.

Still not out of the question to get a pick in the 20's or early 30's. Depends how the trades fall tomorrow. Either going to be a hectic last day or a fizzer. Lets see.

Yep. It looks like a wind shift has hit the clubs this year thru trades. Trading has come into vogue for instant fixes rather than bottoming & taking the medicine.

I now expect lots of small stuff to fall into place tomorrow.

Yep. It looks like a wind shift has hit the clubs this year thru trades. Trading has come into vogue for instant fixes rather than bottoming & taking the medicine.

Think we're doing a bit of both, with so many good picks initially. Team Neeld has played it well by getting in players with experience and attitude, whilst also planning for many years to come eg. Hogan

Like how we assumed the group of professionals of the last 5 year would work and knew what they were doing?

If it was the same crew as before then your comment would make some sense. But it is a new crew. We won't know if they are good or bad till we see what happens over the coming seasons. Why do you always seem to assume the worst?

• Like 1

Think we're doing a bit of both, with so many good picks initially. Team Neeld has played it well by getting in players with experience and attitude, whilst also planning for many years to come eg. Hogan

Hogan Viney Barry + P4. I would have liked one more 1st rnder, even if it was later like P18ish.

I still would be open to Jamar for a good 1st Rnd Pick.

Especially if we don't get a decent trade for Martin. We could pump Martin in the 1st ruck, while spencer/gawn further they're comebacks, & then seek/look to trade next year.

With Spencer & Gawn available next year along with a hypothetical Martin scenario, we should have enough 'Cover' for one year to see us thru.

I'd like to find a way to get Grundy, for Jamar + something?

I still would be open to Jamar for a good 1st Rnd Pick.

Especially if we don't get a decent trade for Martin. We could pump Martin in the 1st ruck, while spencer/gawn further they're comebacks, & then seek/look to trade next year.

With Spencer & Gawn available next year along with a hypothetical Martin scenario, we should have enough 'Cover' for one year to see us thru.

I'd like to find a way to get Grundy, for Jamar + something?

Don't say that Jamar bit too loudly around here. I did on the 'Jamar or Martin' thread, and got shouted down. Seems like Jamar is looked upon as untouchable, because he had one good season in 1942.

Don't say that Jamar bit too loudly around here. I did on the 'Jamar or Martin' thread, and got shouted down. Seems like Jamar is looked upon as untouchable, because he had one good season in 1942.

Yeah, I just read it.

It's nothing new.

I really think now trades are like trading up the ladder.

So to Me Jamar + (something/someone) to GWS for Grundy would be good.

Or Jamar + (something a bit less), for GWS's P14 would be handy.

This to me would round out our trade period & set us up for a tidy draft as well.

We could rookie a mature ruck/forward as backup if needed.

Edited by dee-luded

So in essence Gysberts for Ray?

Lol

whoever is pumping out these rumors must really hate the MFC

I am getting really sick of people having such a one-eyed attitude to our players. Ray was a bounce of a ball away from a Premiership player, he played extremely well in a GF, has played in 3 GF total, he also played well for all 22 matches in a team that was undefeated for 3/4 of a season. He is also 26, in his prime, with at least 4 more years of service to go along with his good experience. Gysberts, although suffering from injury, has done nothing even close to any of those things and struggled to show anything against GC this year (who won how many games?) in the worst midfield in the league. Also those that say Gysberts has 3 years of development but excuse his poor performances on injuries are surely contradicting themselves, if his injuries have prevented him playing well surely that has hindered his development? Gysberts for Ray may suit you or not, but the rumour is not hateful, in my view that would be fair and Ray offers a lot more of what we need than Gys at this stage......

• Like 9

we are hardly going to give up Jamar when Gawn (who has played only a few games) or Spencile are our only alternatives.

I have been looking forward to the trade period since our season was over (in the first game of the year) but it's all a bit stupid now with some of the trades suggested just downright idiotic so I can hardly wait for it to finish. I'm concerned that if some of the trades mooted go through we will go backwards after starting off so well.

Pederson; he's just not that good.

Ray; happy to see him come.

Warren; no thanks.

Jacobs; ok

Prismall, please!!! are we serious?

We look like losing three top 20 drafted players in one year, as I've said before, with 92 games in total between them; well done. On top of that we will get nothing for them, but are expected to pay a high draft pick for a player that can't get a game with his club and was drafted as a mature recruit.

• Like 1

we are hardly going to give up Jamar when Gawn (who has played only a few games) or Spencile are our only alternatives.

If you had read the Jamar or Martin thread you would have seen the alternatives I suggested. You would also see that I acknowledge that Jamar would stay. As a result, we will continue to have a ruck'n'roll band made up of a 29 yr old one season wonder who only taps, a kneeless cripple, an unco monster who likes to hurt people and (depending on trades) an athletic lawyer-to-be with all the poise of a baby giraffe.

Yeah, why think outside the square to get the best young ruck prospect in a long time when our ruck stocks are soooooooooooo good.

Try suggesting something for discussion, something new perhaps, then get back to us

I accept that you're basing your findings on circumstantial evidence and it's difficult to argue the contrary, but I reckon he's a far far better prospect that many on here believe.

He will greatly surprise, imo.

• Like 2

I have been looking forward to the trade period since our season was over (in the first game of the year) but it's all a bit stupid now with some of the trades suggested just downright idiotic so I can hardly wait for it to finish. I'm concerned that if some of the trades mooted go through we will go backwards after starting off so well.

Ray; happy to see him come.

Warren; no thanks.

Jacobs; ok

Prismall, please!!! are we serious?

We look like losing three top 20 drafted players in one year, as I've said before, with 92 games in total between them; well done. On top of that we will get nothing for them, but are expected to pay a high draft pick for a player that can't get a game with his club and was drafted as a mature recruit.

more of an indictment on the previous recruiters. Cook was a surprise going so early and so was gys. They just got it wrong and we have paid the price

I accept that you're basing your findings on circumstantial evidence and it's difficult to argue the contrary, but I reckon he's a far far better prospect that many on here believe.

I don't have a problem picking him up I just don't want to sell the farm to get him, we have to show some balls in this and even if we miss out we can't be seen to be pushovers that will fold under pressure.

I'm not sure, and not privy to the discussions surrounding the recruitment of Jesse Hogan, but I'd have to say it looked like we got stiffed giving pick 13 as well, it may be there was something else involved but on the surface we paid too much. Having said that I'm glad we got him and in a couple of years when he's tearing it apart I'll forget the lost pick 13, but at the moment we need to be strong.

I don't have a problem picking him up I just don't want to sell the farm to get him, we have to show some balls in this and even if we miss out we can't be seen to be pushovers that will fold under pressure.

I'm not sure, and not privy to the discussions surrounding the recruitment of Jesse Hogan, but I'd have to say it looked like we got stiffed giving pick 13 as well, it may be there was something else involved but on the surface we paid too much. Having said that I'm glad we got him and in a couple of years when he's tearing it apart I'll forget the lost pick 13, but at the moment we need to be strong.

Hey Robbie, love you contribution to this board, and sorry to nitpick, but we actually got 20 for 13 so we really just gave pick 3 and slid 7 picks for Hogan and Barry. Ultimately we got Hogan, Barry and Dawes for pick 3 and 13.

Or Hogan, Barry, Dawes and Viney for 3, 13 and 26. Which in pick terms to me means: Pick 1-3 (Hogan), Pick 1-7 (Viney), Dawes (Pick 20) and Pick 35 (Barry) its actually a massive return.

• Like 1

Hey Robbie, love you contribution to this board, and sorry to nitpick, but we actually got 20 for 13 so we really just gave pick 3 and slid 7 picks for Hogan and Barry. Ultimately we got Hogan, Barry and Dawes for pick 3 and 13.

Or Hogan, Barry, Dawes and Viney for 3, 13 and 26. Which in pick terms to me means: Pick 1-3 (Hogan), Pick 1-7 (Viney), Dawes (Pick 20) and Pick 35 (Barry) its actually a massive return.

My mistake, it must be too late at night, brain out of gear.

more of an indictment on the previous recruiters. Cook was a surprise going so early and so was gys. They just got it wrong and we have paid the price

The recruiter didn't, "Just get it wrong"... he didn't learn, from Morton to Bennell, from Watts to Gys? to Cook. Our top picks all too soooft.

What do you base this on Ben? I've not seen him play this year and TBH can't remember much of him in 2011. And I've never seen him live I don't think unless it was against us when I didn't notice him.

He's seems to be out of favour at NM as Gys is with Neeld. No point having players on the list in that situation so I support the trade but I rate Gys and always have. But I like players who get the ball inside and make good decisions and I think you can impact fitness and attitude especially when you are dealing with 20 yo kids. But you can't teach them what Gys can do. That's why I'm disappointed we aren't backing ourselves with him.

• Like 1

What do you base this on Ben? I've not seen him play this year and TBH can't remember much of him in 2011. And I've never seen him live I don't think unless it was against us when I didn't notice him.

He's seems to be out of favour at NM as Gys is with Neeld. No point having players on the list in that situation so I support the trade but I rate Gys and always have. But I like players who get the ball inside and make good decisions and I think you can impact fitness and attitude especially when you are dealing with 20 yo kids. But you can't teach them what Gys can do. That's why I'm disappointed we aren't backing ourselves with him.

I dunno, Fan, I think what Gysberts can do is get it and had it off well. Jordie McKenzie can do that, he just spends more time worrying about his man. Trengove does it well. Jack Viney is coming in. Rodan is coming in. Jones is inside. All of these players can do what Gys does but they have an extra trick or 2 or 3 to go with it. There's not going to be much time teaching him any other tricks if he has to run laps with the slow coaches every week.

I'm happy to keep him and see what might come. But I'm even happier to use him for something we need.

I'm an avid watcher of all football games due to my obsession with Dream Team and thought Pedersen was very good when I first watched him in 2011. In fact, I was surprised how good he was. But I've never seen him play live, which is a massive caveat. I started this thread because I'd liked what I'd originally seen, but when one hasn't seen enough of someone and the subject can't get a game there's no doubt you start questioning your judgment and the player's ability - hence the OP.

Subsequently there are rumours, which I suspect you have read; and when one considers the talls that North have already invested in (first round picks such as Tarrant, Hansen and Black), it clouds initial impressions. When viewing him on ABC in the finals for Werribee he looked great and the B&F was confirmation of his year. Melbourne's desire ensures that I wasn't barking up the wrong tree when I started the thread. And when I started it there was no public link with Melbourne.

I simply like what I see. Have a look at his tapes. The one fact that you and others will always have is that North don't rate him. I accept that, but I think he can play.

• Like 1