• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Maybe G Lyon should have spoken to R Lyon after all!

Sir Why You Little

Mike Sheahan is about as popular as Jason Akermanis around here, but not withstanding that he wrote in an article in May:

"I totally accept the story that someone at Melbourne was advised by someone close to Lyon he would be open to the idea of a meeting on the Melbourne job and that nothing came of it because Melbourne declined to act. If so, that's unforgivable."

I think that's about as concrete as you're going to get. Whatever you think of the author he obviously has good connections.

as concrete as clay....similar to another substance !!

Ben Im surprised.. For as long in recent times as many of us can muster memory for just about anything that that despot Sheahan has had to say about the Melbourne Football Club has been derisive, scandalous, divisive in nature and about as agenda driven as a hack can get.

And you base your supposition that the Club was negligent on the basis of his utterings ?? ffs

There is an expression that basically summarizes all the potentialities and the realities .

Coulda , shoulda ,woulda doesn't mean anything to me .

The expression:

It is What It is.

Accept it ,move on and grow.

Ben Im surprised.. For as long in recent times as many of us can muster memory for just about anything that that despot Sheahan has had to say about the Melbourne Football Club has been derisive, scandalous, divisive in nature and about as agenda driven as a hack can get.

And you base your supposition that the Club was negligent on the basis of his utterings ?? ffs

No. I only read the article 10 minutes ago. I'd read it months ago, but had forgotten that part.

But clearly I don't have the same hysterical reaction to Sheahan as most round here. As I said, please yourself. It matters not to me what you think.

Mike Sheahan is about as popular as Jason Akermanis around here, but not withstanding that he wrote in an article in May:

"I totally accept the story that someone at Melbourne was advised by someone close to Lyon he would be open to the idea of a meeting on the Melbourne job and that nothing came of it because Melbourne declined to act. If so, that's unforgivable."

I think that's about as concrete as you're going to get. Whatever you think of the author he obviously has good connections.

He also totally accepted that Brock McLean left Melbourne for Carlton due to tanking without asking about the obvious hypocrisy inherent in that statement, he obviously has an agenda.

There is no way, with Gary Lyon's media connections that he didn't speak to Ross and there is no way if Melbourne were given wind that Ross wanted to speak to them that they wouldn't, he was our first choice coach! You can believe what you want, but you are wrong.

There is no way, with Gary Lyon's media connections that he didn't speak to Ross and there is no way if Melbourne were given wind that Ross wanted to speak to them that they wouldn't, he was our first choice coach! You can believe what you want, but you are wrong.

I really don't give a *** turbo.

I was simply helping Nutbean who wanted another posters source. And I guessed that it may have been that article.

Do I have to say again, "please yourself what you believe". I couldn't care less. It's of no interest to me.

Do you understand ?

• Like 1

He also totally accepted that Brock McLean left Melbourne for Carlton due to tanking without asking about the obvious hypocrisy inherent in that statement, he obviously has an agenda.

My how people forget!

Gary DID ask Craig Kelly (from ESP-Ross's management ), if Ross was a possibilty!!!& was told that Ross had an agreement to continue as STK coach to the end of 2015 ...

This was reported everywhere !!!

As far as Mike Sheahan - he wanted CAM SCHWAB replaced as CEO & WAS doing all he could to push it along with Healy's help for his personal agenda.

• Like 2

No. I only read the article 10 minutes ago. I'd read it months ago, but had forgotten that part.

But clearly I don't have the same hysterical reaction to Sheahan as most round here. As I said, please yourself. It matters not to me what you think.

Ben, not believing Sheahan as a reliable source, and believing that Sheahan is not a genuine MFC supporter is not necessarily 'hysterical'

He can say what he likes, make as many headlines as he likes, break as many exclusives as he likes, as long as he drops any claims to be an MFC supporter

I don't even care if he has an agenda or not, he can just eff off.

• Like 2

Pathetic and Disgusting are lovers words (to steal a line from Sean Penn).

I think he has tried so hard to hide a bias that he is biased in the reverse.

Doesn't really bother me though. He has lost the love of being a journalist of late as Robinson, Stevens, Barrett, et al have helped turn it into a wasteland. He has been phoning it in for 5 years and it shows.

I would like McLardy to get up his nose about the P&D stuff though...

Eddie Mcguire must be feeling a right twit today.

One sacks a premiership coach at their own peril.

The MFC has learnt that too well.

Sleep well Eddie. May Meth Coast smash your magpies this weekend.

That is all.

• Like 1

I don't believe the talk that Freo had a better list than us. For years they have been flaky, unfocused and soft. Not much different to us. This year hard and organised with an adaptable game plan. Lyon has gone in there and turned things around with not much change to their list. When the popular Harvey was sacked there was a lot of upset players there. It could have been a disaster but Lyon is a great coach and has been able to sell his message, implement winning strategies and culture and all the players have bought in. Something Neeld has not not done and I don't think he is capable of doing because as a communicator and tactician he just hasn't got it. If you can't sell your message how do you expect players to buy in? I am now of the opiinion that we made a huge mistake with Neeld but not surprising given the incompetant management at our club.

I don't believe the talk that Freo had a better list than us. For years they have been flaky, unfocused and soft. Not much different to us.

You don't have to believe that they have a better list but it is true. Their top players are miles ahead of ours, Sandilands was better than Jamar in his AA year, now that his form has plateaued Sandi is way ahead, Pav is miles ahead of all our players, there are plenty of other players on their list plenty better than ours.

Last year in an injury ravaged season they had more wins than us, had more wins against top 8 sides and as I wrote in another thread overall we lost to the top four by 350 points more than Freo last year, discounting 186 its still 164 points. This shows how much closer to the top teams Freo was, how much of a better list they were and how they were still way ahead of us.