Cloke a Magpie for Life

Redleg

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we still snagged Cloke, even after what Neeld said on Fox last week, that we had not made a play and were not interested.

i'd love it if we did get him :) but is he really worth the price they're asking for???

Guest Shirt Front

i'd love it if we did get him :) but is he really worth the price they're asking for???

You won't be complaining about price if he was taking grabs and kicking goals for the Dee's. Would you?

Make of this what you will but I have been told that Stefan Martin is almost a certainty for the pies, apparently out of two uncontracted players at the pies, they are obviously waiting on how far the pies go and if any major injury etc happened to the players in question in e next few weeks.

This isn't from the hs website either. For the record I actually like Martin but he needs to be the number one ruckman I think instead of the second to jamar as he showed last year. If we get a decent mid for him it can be a win win for both clubs

• Like 2

I like Martin too, but he only seems to look at home when he's flying solo in the ruck. That's not going to happen at the Dees unless another major spate of injuries (touch wood). And it may well be that the FD likes Spencer for his angry effort over Stef's athleticism.

Gawn fit and maybe another young ruck in the draft may further complicate this for Stef.

You won't be complaining about price if he was taking grabs and kicking goals for the Dee's. Would you?

fair point, we would have a fwd line envied by all teams if we did get him!

Edited by young dee enthusiast

I like Martin too, but he only seems to look at home when he's flying solo in the ruck. That's not going to happen at the Dees unless another major spate of injuries (touch wood). And it may well be that the FD likes Spencer for his angry effort over Stef's athleticism.

Gawn fit and maybe another young ruck in the draft may further complicate this for Stef.

I really don't want martin to leave as he is my favourite player! but if he does good luck to him :)

Make of this what you will but I have been told that Stefan Martin is almost a certainty for the pies, apparently out of two uncontracted players at the pies, they are obviously waiting on how far the pies go and if any major injury etc happened to the players in question in e next few weeks.

This isn't from the hs website either. For the record I actually like Martin but he needs to be the number one ruckman I think instead of the second to jamar as he showed last year. If we get a decent mid for him it can be a win win for both clubs

Are you saying for one of two uncontracted pies?

IMO Redleg is correct - both Cloke and Wellingham will stay Pies. I'm also expecting Martin to go to the Pies, and the Pies to have a mini clear out as soon as they drop out of the finals.

Hope that doesn't equate to a trade of Stef Martin for a Buckley discard. Wonder who might be in the firing line in Pieland. Harry O? 'Sliding' Dawes?

Pies may need a replacement for Jolly and another Melbourne reject would fit the bill..

How about we use what we have a little more intelligently

Martin Spencer and Jamar can all play and all play a different style so use them as a team over the season against opposition that requires their style to be effective, resting when needed to avoid overuse and injury.

It seems strange that we talk of letting capable players go to another club even if in exchange for proven talent when we should be developing our own.

I agree that the intensity shown in the finals so far show how far away we are and all our players should be analysing this with coaches to understand what they must do.

It is obvious that our muscle structure is pitiful compared to other sides. Even NIcNat has developed muscle this season

the DArlings Barlows and others always mentioned as those we missed seem to have grown, bulked up and muscled up.

With the increase in size and weight comes an increased confidence and intensity. I would hope that our weak puny players can show improved weight and confidence to match their skill levels. If they also have the intellectual capacity to learn the game plans and structures required when you have bigger capacity (strength) we can show great improvement next season. Our strategy started a few seasons ago can begin to yeild some success and we dont have to start again.

After tonight, Eddie will not allow Cloke to leave. Cloke will get his money and his 5 years. Maybe not a million a year, but perhaps $900k per year, unconditional. They will get rid of players like Didak, Tarrant, maybe even Dawes to find the money. Eddie would rather die than see him in a blue jumper.

Also for those thinking of us getting Wellingham, you can forget it.

still think he's on his way to carlton

heard a guy on sen during the week who said and I quote 'spoke to Jason Cloke and he said he had signed six weeks ago' - nothing from collingwood to deny it - not that can mean anything,

Mick has come out in making a play for him - all good theatre I think.

again this may not mean anything but I heard the same thing around that time, don't you just love this time of year.

heard a guy on sen during the week who said and I quote 'spoke to Jason Cloke and he said he had signed six weeks ago' - nothing from collingwood to deny it - not that can mean anything,

again this may not mean anything but I heard the same thing around that time, don't you just love this time of year.

Well I did say I spoke to a Pie supporter with a few contacts, who told me Cloke was gone 2 weeks ago. He also felt that maybe Eddie could up the offer and change his mind.

They may have gone they're packaged.

Thats around about the time Carlton started to slide? Handy draft pick now.

Some scuttlebutt from a mad Collingwood supporter who believes there will be a twist to this tale and that they will end up increasing their offer to keep Cloke but in doing so will trade Dale Thomas to Carlton. Mitch Robinson could end up a Pie and come with a high draft choice from Carlton to complete the deal. The upshot will be that Wellingham stays because there will be enough room left In their TPP for them to retain him.

No word from this source on any interest in Steph Martin.

I really miss the days of Chilliboy when rumours were so fantastic that they completely boggled the mind.

Thomas to Carlton sounds like one of these and is probably based on his fall from grace and the fact that he played at his best under Malthouse.

However, I still can't see Eddie letting a contracted player go while he might not have a choice with Cloke.

Some scuttlebutt from a mad Collingwood supporter who believes there will be a twist to this tale and that they will end up increasing their offer to keep Cloke but in doing so will trade Dale Thomas to Carlton. Mitch Robinson could end up a Pie and come with a high draft choice from Carlton to complete the deal. The upshot will be that Wellingham stays because there will be enough room left In their TPP for them to retain him.

No word from this source on any interest in Steph Martin.

Article in the sun today about Thomas's form drop and MM exit.

this sounds like the source to me personally.

Too many have been "injured" this year. They're weak and puny and have a poor work ethic and no great burning desire for footy. They let minor sprains and strains and emotional upsets put them out of action for months.

That may be not a bad summary of our situation, one that Neeld, Missen, Craig et al are starting to turn around.

I am really looking forward to what a "Neeld created and Missen / Craig developed" list looks like by the end of 2013.