Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

I love the passion.

2012 - 1 win (vs Bombers ) 18 losses. Forget the wins over GWS and the Suns.

We are the bottom of the ladder. The Suns and GWS have youngsters and upside.

Strategy changes needed. Playng group changes needed. Play for the Red & Blue.

** and yes, I also got lost with "Petterd being on the verge of superstardom" ???????????????

Great Passion TEX,

My family and nephews (most were DEES supporters ) noticed many awkward changes and decisions during the year., many tthat you have mentioned.

They refuse to pay and watch the boundary grabbing football and will not accept horrible school boy football. .

They now go and watch the best match available in the round and enjoy great football.

Most of your points are valid, Only those in denial could argue with you.

This club is a MESS

Your family's a mess!

• Like 1

So in the same breath as saying the MFC has committed 'drafting errors' you still say you will 'question' Neeld and that you'd 'prefer to keep Gysberts'?

How about you trust the coach who's come from a winning culture, who understands the attributes players must possess to make it at AFL level.

Talent means nothing without the requisite will and commitment to push oneself.

This is what is doing my head in....There is common concensus " we got our drafting wrong". Then why are there so manyposts "how could we get rid off......"

Just doesnt make sense.

Funny though ... in the long run it may actually turn out to be one of the best.

Finally someone - Neeld - is taking a stand and saying "we're not putting up with this [censored] anymore".

There's a definite change in ethos occurring here.

Putting up with [censored]? He is delivering us pure unadulterated sh!!t. Week after week of sh!!t.

I would love to know what it is that people see in Mark Neeld? He is all talk. I can't see a more defensive game plan. We are conceding more points than ever. This probably isn't true, but if it is, it's shocking. He is a first round draft pick.

If you cannot see a more defensive game plan then you are not watching. If you were you would see the semblance of plan really poorly executed.

What I see in Neeld so far is his unwillingness to put up with the same crap and acceptance of mediocrity as we have for so many seasons. Some players will respond to Neeld - others wont and will move on.

• Like 1

This is what is doing my head in....There is common concensus " we got our drafting wrong". Then why are there so manyposts "how could we get rid off......"

Just doesnt make sense.

Yes it's weird. Probably a result of the lingering emotional attachment supporters feel towards players once they've donned the red and blue, regardless of actual performance.

Just doesnt make sense.

I agree

The people saying cutting Cook is the wrong move are the same people that say we waited too long to pull the trigger on blokes like Bate

If Cook was still on the list in 4 years time, they'd probably say "we should've traded him when he had some value"

• Like 3

Gysberts came to PS training in awful shape. So did Blease.

Blease worked his arse off and was rewarded.

Gysberts didn't and his future is up in the air.

Face facts people: we are not in a position to let kids coast on our list.

The list will change - get over it.

• Like 5

Putting up with [censored]? He is delivering us pure unadulterated sh!!t. Week after week of sh!!t.

Not HE ....the players - the players like Moloney,Davey, Petterd, Gysberts, Green & Sylvia (although to both their credits they performed better later in the season). Neeld is trying to set a level and expectation and at this moment this is not being met. So certain players will go.

Why are you so unwilling to lay blame where most of it lies - with the players ?

• Like 1

Neeldy's first address to the players. I don't think he could make it any clearer that if you don't meet a certain level of commitment, you don't play.

Looks like Gysberts was an abject failure in this regard.

Once again, poor recruiting.

[media=]

A particularly unpleasant introduction to the players if I may say so.

Totally lacking in the key element of Yabbie Jeans first speech to the Hawks where apparantly he said something like ' You have no reason to respect me yet, but until I have earnt your respect you will respect my position as coach of this club.'Which seems to me like a good way to bring the players on board for what was unquestionably an uncompromising 'ride' .

Anyway while we dont know what else Neeld said when the cameras werent rolling we are entitled to wonder,given what is said there, why Watts is still on the list, because he clearly fails that test.

If this is true, then this is the last straw for me.

I cannot express my anger enough with the MFC and Mark Neeld.

I am doing my utmost to write this without swearing and abusing the above mentioned.

As if coming 16th was bad enough after we were predicted to be pushing for finals at the start of the season.

Then losing Jurrah for nothing. Really well managed there boys.

Neeld completely stuffed Moloney's year up by trying to change his game plan to being more defensive. Moloney who at 28 years old and in his absolute prime and our reigning B & F winner. Where did that get Moloney and our club??? 16th and see ya later.

Petterd... gone backwards under Neeld, who was on the verge of super stardom in my opinion. Ricky P has been going backwards since his whole last contract

Bennell gone backwards. Benny has been going backwards for the last 2 - 3 Years, plays without ticka, the game has become a batlefield & Benny doesn't like it

Trengove and Grimes named co-captains. Give me a break. Another terrible, terrible decision. Trengove gone backwards. They'll both be better for it, and will now be able to handle things much better in our push year.

There's a theme here. Yeah, Neeld, He has the Guts to do what decades of coaches haven't. Clean out the soft culture. One tough hombre'.

As for his pathetic game plan of hugging the boundary and kicking it into the pockets, well that really worked didn't it!!!

16th.

How about kick it to the most dangerous spot in-between FF and CHF.

Under Neelds guidance and fitness philosophy he demanded during last pres-season that players needed to build their aerobic capacity at the expense of everything else.

All we heard about was that they were running running running.

Well none of them put any bloody weight on.

Morton is still a stick.

Watts lost weight.

Cook has not developed one iota and has ended up in the VFL reserves and now both parties want out. Awesome. Well done. Another first round pick stuffed up. Jack Darling says hi.

The team has gone completely backwards under Neeld. Our game plan was pathetic.

And now I read that he wants to get rid of Gysberts.

Why? Seriously? Well you know it don't you, tell us. Nothing to do with Attitude, or workethic, is it?

Is he trying to ruin our club? Gysberts is a ball magnet. He was a gun in his first few games before injury.

Gysberts needs to develop his body, just as Watts, Bennell, Cook, Morton and all our other stick figures.

How the hell are they supposed to under Neelds fanatical aerobic regime of runnning running running. Well I guess it is a reflection of the Fitness & workethic Craig brought to the Crows

This is non-conducive to developing bodies and putting on weight.

I want Neeld out before he ruins our club anymore.

I want Gysberts to stay a Demon.

On draft day I desperately wanted Tahlia, but that moron picked Gysberts. I Agree, but this wasn't Neeld.

I haven' changed my mind on the pick, but i have conceded Gysberts was a decent pick and has massive upside once he develops a mature body.

So on the day Tahlia wins the Rising Star award I read Neeld wants Gysberts out.

I will not accept this under any circumstances. From my understanding Gysberts has been struggling all year with injury.

He thrives and excels in the Demons team. He is one that steps up easily in the highest level.

Was he given an opportunity this year by Neeld? No!!!

I will absolute spew if Gysberts is sacked or traded. There is no way we will get what he is worth.

Neeld has rocks in his head.

There is no way we should be sacking two of our lowly draft picks without developing them properly. He has no idea what he is doing.

What a pathetic year.

16th.

And we added Mitch Clarke to our team.

We went backwards enormously.

Wake up people. Stop accepting this [censored] spin.

He is absoluelty ruining this club and I want him out. I want Neeld sacked now.

The real failure of our once great club, (48 Yrs back) is the growing soft culture that has Eroded everything that Checker/Smith stood for.

I agree

The people saying cutting Cook is the wrong move are the same people that say we waited too long to pull the trigger on blokes like Bate

If Cook was still on the list in 4 years time, they'd probably say "we should've traded him when he had some value"

When did he ever have value?

Yes it's weird. Probably a result of the lingering emotional attachment supporters feel towards players once they've donned the red and blue, regardless of actual performance.

I have those emotional attachments in spades and wouldn't cut Cook (too early) or Gysbert ( shows potential) - but I appreciate that Neeld is not a [censored] like I am and is prepared to make hard calls that I am not prepared to make.(I would still have Simon Buckley running around and I had a certain amount of love for Juice Newton)

• Like 1

I don't mind if Neeld makes an example of Gysberts. The other young players will be sure to pick up the slack. Which round you were drafted in no longer matters. Hopefully we will see a change in attitude from Watts, among others.

If this is true, then this is the last straw for me.

I cannot express my anger enough with the MFC and Mark Neeld.

I am doing my utmost to write this without swearing and abusing the above mentioned.

As if coming 16th was bad enough after we were predicted to be pushing for finals at the start of the season.

Then losing Jurrah for nothing. Really well managed there boys.

Neeld completely stuffed Moloney's year up by trying to change his game plan to being more defensive. Moloney who at 28 years old and in his absolute prime and our reigning B & F winner. Where did that get Moloney and our club??? 16th and see ya later.

Petterd... gone backwards under Neeld, who was on the verge of super stardom in my opinion.

Bennell gone backwards.

Trengove and Grimes named co-captains. Give me a break. Another terrible, terrible decision. Trengove gone backwards.

There's a theme here.

As for his pathetic game plan of hugging the boundary and kicking it into the pockets, well that really worked didn't it!!!

16th.

How about kick it to the most dangerous spot in-between FF and CHF.

Under Neelds guidance and fitness philosophy he demanded during last pres-season that players needed to build their aerobic capacity at the expense of everything else.

All we heard about was that they were running running running.

Well none of them put any bloody weight on.

Morton is still a stick.

Watts lost weight.

Cook has not developed one iota and has ended up in the VFL reserves and now both parties want out. Awesome. Well done. Another first round pick stuffed up. Jack Darling says hi.

The team has gone completely backwards under Neeld. Our game plan was pathetic.

And now I read that he wants to get rid of Gysberts.

Why? Seriously?

Is he trying to ruin our club? Gysberts is a ball magnet. He was a gun in his first few games before injury.

Gysberts needs to develop his body, just as Watts, Bennell, Cook, Morton and all our other stick figures.

How the hell are they supposed to under Neelds fanatical aerobic regime of runnning running running.

This is non-conducive to developing bodies and putting on weight.

I want Neeld out before he ruins our club anymore.

I want Gysberts to stay a Demon.

On draft day I desperately wanted Tahlia, but that moron picked Gysberts.

I haven' changed my mind on the pick, but i have conceded Gysberts was a decent pick and has massive upside once he develops a mature body.

So on the day Tahlia wins the Rising Star award I read Neeld wants Gysberts out.

I will not accept this under any circumstances. From my understanding Gysberts has been struggling all year with injury.

He thrives and excels in the Demons team. He is one that steps up easily in the highest level.

Was he given an opportunity this year by Neeld? No!!!

I will absolute spew if Gysberts is sacked or traded. There is no way we will get what he is worth.

Neeld has rocks in his head.

There is no way we should be sacking two of our lowly draft picks without developing them properly. He has no idea what he is doing.

What a pathetic year.

16th.

And we added Mitch Clarke to our team.

We went backwards enormously.

Wake up people. Stop accepting this [censored] spin.

He is absoluelty ruining this club and I want him out. I want Neeld sacked now.

Tex you have my 100% support. Neeld is the greatest mistake this club has made since sacking Norm Smith. The spotlight should not be on our players, rather it should be on our coach. He must be sacked, this is a disaster.

• Like 2

Great Passion TEX,

My family and nephews (most were DEES supporters ) noticed many awkward changes and decisions during the year., many tthat you have mentioned.

They refuse to pay and watch the boundary grabbing football and will not accept horrible school boy football. .

They now go and watch the best match available in the round and enjoy great football.

Most of your points are valid, Only those in denial could argue with you.

This club is a MESS

Short clipped sentences, expressing the same extreme sentiments as the OP... I feel like I'm witnessing a real life version of the Three Faces of Eve.

Tex you have my 100% support. Neeld is the greatest mistake this club has made since sacking Norm Smith. The spotlight should not be on our players, rather it should be on our coach. He must be sacked, this is a disaster.

I think I just found the third face.

• Like 3