Quinten Lynch

beelzebub

he and Dunn can have a moustache growing comp...

Did dunn grow his? And I thought it was stick on all this time. Must be just my impression of him. Pretend.

It's time we had some real mongrels in this team.

We need good players who play like men. We have had decades of nice boys who never have had to be men in the Game of AFL. The good tough ones we've had, you could count on one hand in the last 10 Years.

• Like 1

Buckley denies deal done

funny in a way . you caneither read it as classic NO ( but really mean yes , as in , we're right behind ya coach...pushingg out of door etc )

OR

They simply havent looked beyond the fence and its the media running with this line of endeavour. Nahhhh ..doesnt happen..lol

I have no doubt the Pies are looking at any number of players....arent we all. Their purse strings are somewhat tied up. Theyll need to make some very 'fine;' decisions.

We have more to play with.

Ahh fun and games,,,, smoke and mirros.

Love it :)

An aspect to all of this thats yet to raise more than a minor screech is the knock on effect.

That is to say.. Should, emphasis , should the Q sign on today , how might others out there view this?

Might some players who possibly in seasons past have given us the wide berth and turned their heads away now take a let of either solace or at minimum , interest, in the Dees ?

All very interesting....all things are connected etc.

Edited by belzebub59

please please please please please !!! lol

I know..all a bit silly BUT .

I rate Lynch. Arguably a yips contender along with Cloke but personally reckon Cloke has that gig sewn up.

Very similar players in a way though I feel Lynch for obvious reasons is a more mature level headed and workmanlike version. Also hes not expected therefore at Melbourne to hold the position Cloke does at the Filth. Lynch becomes ( if ) the 2nd up forward.

In all honesty ...I wouldnt like to be an opposition backline coach trying to Quell both a Clark and Lynch

this is serious reinforcement of a straightening attack. . Both Clark and a possible Lynch can play up the ground.

Would become a very versatile duo.

I do really like this idea :)

have done from the start

Edited by belzebub59

I hope we get Lynch just to prove Denhan wrong!

be worth it for that alone...dead right.

youd have to think we could trump Collingwood on money

Really? he has been very clear about the need for a second power forward? Where was this said? In the article about us not being interested in Cloke Neeld said the exact opposite - wanting to build a forward 50 of crumbing, pressuring smalls around Clark.

I thought he said in early pressers but perhaps i'm wrong and i'm just assuming he has made it clear. I'm guessing he was playing ducks and drakes with his comments about building a small forward line around Clark.

I would be shocked if two big power forwards wasn't part of his preferred game plan. As Buckley was quoted as saying "You can't have enough marking forwards in front of the ball in this day and age,".

If we are into Lynch, which i assume we are this would appear to be proof of Neeld's plan to use the twin tower approach.

I don't know whether Lynch is coming or not, but I support this deal if it comes off.

Lynch is underrated and has had to play a role that has been diminished with Darling coming into the side, Kennedy developing as the main forward and one of Naitanui, or Cox spending significant time in the front half. And he's still kicked over 30 goals this year Kennedy being injured helped this. Twice he's kicked over 50 in a season, including 65 one year.

I reckon he'd fit in really well at the Dees and Neeld's structures. But I'm also not perturbed by his age. Naturally he'll only command a two year deal, but he's a very athletic type who has hardly ever been injured and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got 4 year and 80 games left in him.

• Like 6

A lot of thi sgame is about the math

where and who kicks the meaningfuo things....the goals.

Hypothetically.

Mitch was easily on his way to 60-70

add in say 40 from the glove

youve got a 100 goal base line

when was the last time we had that ?

A couple of gun mid fielders anybody? The so-called twin towers might get very cold if the ball continually gets turned over, we get smashed at the centre clearances and get most of our possessions in the defensive 50

we all know the Major problem is the Midfield. This wil lbe addressed both in the FAT periods as well as draft. But weve been light on up the front also.

There were at least half a dozen games this year where the result could have been suprisingly different but for the want of some goal kicking.

Funny that !!

Edited by belzebub59

I don't know whether Lynch is coming or not, but I support this deal if it comes off.

Lynch is underrated and has had to play a role that has been diminished with Darling coming into the side, Kennedy developing as the main forward and one of Naitanui, or Cox spending significant time in the front half. And he's still kicked over 30 goals this year Kennedy being injured helped this. Twice he's kicked over 50 in a season, including 65 one year.

I reckon he'd fit in really well at the Dees and Neeld's structures. But I'm also not perturbed by his age. Naturally he'll only command a two year deal, but he's a very athletic type who has hardly ever been injured and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got 4 year and 80 games left in him.

If we only got 2-3 years out of him as a stop-gap and drafted Hogan to replace him down the track I would be very happy.

A couple of gun mid fielders anybody? The so-called twin towers might get very cold if the ball continually gets turned over, we get smashed at the centre clearances and get most of our possessions in the defensive 50

Do you think we're not going to go after midfielders as well and use our draft picks on them? Lynch will cost us nothing except a spot on the senior list.

We have the draft for that, 3, 4 and 13 on middies

A good pick up if true, short term but good. Will help Mitch a lot, and our amount of foward entries were improving towards the end if the year so having another marking forward will only help us. Also frees up Garland to back to defense.

• Like 1