FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

C'mon now (in a dodgey Father Ted accent).

Yes, Mark Neeld put an axe in his hand and told him to go split his cousins head open.

Jesus

One bad observation does not deserve another, which is perhaps even more indelicate. The Court will decide on evidence, not hearsay. Let's just leave that incident alone and not link it to anything else other than Liam may be feeling mightily anxious.

One bad observation does not deserve another, which is perhaps even more indelicate. The Court will decide on evidence, not hearsay. Let's just leave that incident alone and not link it to anything else other than Liam may be feeling mightily anxious.

I was highlighting the absurdity of the comment

Guest KingDingAling

OK, 'Port' are outside Adelaide, & not too far from his home, so IF he would like to get there, he is on our list, maybe we can workout a deal involving Boak?

Pick 13 and Jurrah or if they ask more, Pick 13 Jurrah and Riv.

Boaks exactly the type of player we are after, he is as tough as nails.

Him and Jones would work well together.

Pick 13 and Jurrah or if they ask more, Pick 13 Jurrah and Riv.

Boaks exactly the type of player we are after, he is as tough as nails.

Him and Jones would work well together.

I think that may be too much, IF Jurrah is free to play.

I would think Jurrah + a 2nd Rnd pick should be close to balanced, or Pick 13 + Brent.

Good luck Liam! I have to agree with a few others that I'm relieved the club will be able to give a spot to someone who's main pre-occupation will be footy. Hopefully this is the end of the storm that passed over the club this year!

Only other thing to add is that I hope Liam and his manager as well as the PAFC (who look complicit in this) don't try to burn the MFC, because frankly we don't deserve it after giving Liam an opportunity and standing by him.

• Like 2

Don't hold your breath Mcqueen

We will get nothing

Why would Port deal they can get him for nothing

Console yourself to that

but if he goes to another AFL club...how canit be for nothing ?

You've got to love being a Melbourne supporter dont you !!! lol

The good old Red and Blue...Red the colour of the brick wall......Blue the resulting bruises on head !!

fmd if it isnt one thing its another. Still its not boring :unsure:

• Like 4

C'mon now (in a dodgey Father Ted accent).

Yes, Mark Neeld put an axe in his hand and told him to go split his cousins head open.

Jesus

So Jurrah checking out as soon as the seasons done and another club releasing a statement expressing their interest in him doesn't

in anyway feel or seem like what happened with Scully.

It seems circumspect that Port's ready with a statement before our own club is.

NO player at the Melbourne Football Club can be given latitude from requirement to meet elite fitness standards.

Its how you introduce the player to his personal elite finess that matters.

If a bloke doesnt have a big 'tank' you get him to where you can and use him to your/his best advantage.

Thats why MFC's top notch high performance state of the art team led by Guru Craig, who knows some cyclists from 2000, has tailored programs.

Is this too hard for you to understand or is only just the steely eyed schoolteacher who reckons whip them all until they come on board or crack is the way forward

I'd be surprised if the MFC were not well aware of and on top of Liam's Adelaide needs/move.

Although some kind of statement would be reassuring.

Worst season in my 36 years as a one eyed supporter. Perhaps Jurrah should not be blamed on Neeld, however, no one can deny Neeld has spectacularly managed to get at least half our list off side. AFL is a confidence sport which is said to be 90% above the shoulders. When players lose their confidence they lose their ability as seen with Cloak and Daws. Neeld has destroyed the confidence of so many players it is pressing and deeply concerning.

Neeld is the Julia Gillard of Football. I count the days down until it is commercial that we can fire him just as I count down the days until the next election.

Neeld is the worst mistake the MFC has made since sacking Norm Smith. Why our board did not extend Bailey for one more year, opening the door for Multhouse, Roos and Mathews I don't know. Tactfully we could have fired Bailey mid season and had the choice of 3 Premiership Coaches before other clubs like Carlton's season was over. I said this at the time, the board has been very dumb on this one. At least they are good at raising money.

Neeld has to go.

Your head is seriously so far up your arse if you think that the players speculated about in regards to your accusation are deal breakers anyway.

Another lesson learnt and part of the professionalism and end to risk taking. Many have spoken of the bad draft picks and mistakes throughout Demonland but I may have missed something but nobody mentions taking Jurrah over Rockliff, that has proved a mistake.

All very well to say if LJ could have got on the field regularly he would have been a star, don't think he had the committment and dedication and that is not meant as a slight on Liam it is part of his background, which none of us can ever understand.

I don't care if he plays again I just hope he sorts out his court matter and get on with his life.

He was a freak of a footballer and left us with many memories on the highlight reel.

I don't think Neeld and the FD will take any future risks recruiting players like this

No. On a closer reading of this thread I see Hells Gates has raised the same thing I heard - that Rivers wants out. It's only a rumour but a serious one I believe.

Riv is uncontracted and the club has put off talks until draft time. So its no surprise he's peed off.

So Jurrah checking out as soon as the seasons done and another club releasing a statement expressing their interest in him doesn't

in anyway feel or seem like what happened with Scully.

It seems circumspect that Port's ready with a statement before our own club is.

Explains the 4-6 week injury from 2011 onwards!! :lol:

• Like 1

Matthew Rendell has just sought a full apology from the AFL and compensation for Defamation.

If only he had chosen his words more carefully...

• Like 1

Worst season in my 36 years as a one eyed supporter. Perhaps Jurrah should not be blamed on Neeld, however, no one can deny Neeld has spectacularly managed to get at least half our list off side. AFL is a confidence sport which is said to be 90% above the shoulders. When players lose their confidence they lose their ability as seen with Cloak and Daws. Neeld has destroyed the confidence of so many players it is pressing and deeply concerning.

Neeld is the Julia Gillard of Football. I count the days down until it is commercial that we can fire him just as I count down the days until the next election.

Neeld is the worst mistake the MFC has made since sacking Norm Smith. Why our board did not extend Bailey for one more year, opening the door for Multhouse, Roos and Mathews I don't know. Tactfully we could have fired Bailey mid season and had the choice of 3 Premiership Coaches before other clubs like Carlton's season was over. I said this at the time, the board has been very dumb on this one. At least they are good at raising money.

Neeld has to go.

Was thinking how much Neeld probably played into the decision.

Bailey was an overly accomodating coach to Jurrah and very much gave him free reign. Neeld hasn't been that way with anyone on the list and seems well opposed to giving any "special treatment".

I'm not anti-Neeld but I do think it's more than likely to have played a large part in his decision to leave and Moloney too (if it's true). To be honest he never really seemed to be fussed over either player.

Very eager to see what Neeld's army will look like and what kind of squad will be on the park round 1 next year.

Love that the Port press release on Liam has a video of his 2010 mark of the year (over Port players)... Quite bizarre.

Port - Statement re: Liam Jurrah

This is getting all bloody weird....stranger than hairdresser at a monks convention
  • Like 1