• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training under the Bailey era

To be honest I'm all but lost for words.

How could this have been so ?!

Any wonder theres been the need for such a steep learning and re-education curve.

Im dumbfounded

• Like 2

If anyone bothers to check my posts from last year they will see that I was not a fan of Bailey as senior coach, but what I am reading here is absolute garbage - a pathetic and desperate attempt at character assassination by the blind followers of Neeld!

Perhaps been misinterpreted, it might have been a part of the idea of the players controlling their own destiny. I doubt it would've been to the point to what people are saying, but I do believe the players were given too much latitude during Baileys tenure.

Under Bailey some of them used to run half the Tan then get too tired half way 'round, say "stuff it" and jog back around to the start.

I heard they used to knick behind the bushes for a smoke and a beer then catch a cab up the Anderson St Hill wearing false moustaches and suits.They would get to a house and change into their running gear and then spray water on themselves and jog up to the finish line pretending to be puffed.

Then they'd all go back and plan how to throw the next match.

It's nearly fact-I heard it in a pub from some bloke.

• Like 6

Rumours can be just rumours

Occasionally its when the truth sneaks out but is hard to believe.

Something like this would need to be squashed or outed properly.

that it is in some way alluded to in Jimmas book and nudge-nudge-wink-wink by Green makes it a bit more than pub talk

• Like 1

I heard they used to knick behind the bushes for a smoke and a beer then catch a cab up the Anderson St Hill wearing false moustaches and suits.They would get to a house and change into their running gear and then spray water on themselves and jog up to the finish line pretending to be puffed.

Then they'd all go back and plan how to throw the next match.

It's nearly fact-I heard it in a pub from some bloke.

All jokes aside - and I am not having a crack at you Biffen but... How many dots do we have to connect??? I am not saying they do nothing at training but lets look at the facts

Scully leaving - apart from the money - rumors he left for unprofessionalism

Soft Football taunt from teh Carlton football club who play a soft brand of football themselves

Inability to run out games of football and mental fade outs for qtr's and halfs of football for the last 2,3 plus years

Brad Greens departing words on numerous occasions saying the boys need to look at their professionalism

Neeld is on record saying the list is not fit

Jim's book

Tony Jones at a function I was at this week mocked Jack Watts for what was in Jim's book (these rumors) which Jack had no reply

Take from that what you will but the more dots you connect the stench of lack of professionalism is rancid........ I could cop it if they were playing finals but the reality is these blokes aren't good enough and a lot of people on here question why...............

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 3

All jokes aside - and I am not having a crack at you Biffen but... How many dots do we have to connect??? I am not saying they do nothing at training but lets look at the facts

Soft Football taunt from teh Carlton football club who play a soft brand of football themselves

Inability to run out games of football and mental fade outs for qtr's and halfs of football for the last 2,3 plus years

Brad Greens departing words on numerous occasions saying the boys need to look at their professionalism

Jim's book

Tony Jones at a function I was at this week mocked Jack Watts for what was in Jim's book (these rumors) which Jack had no reply

Take from that what you will but the more dots you connect the stench of lack of professionalism is rancid........ I could cop it if they were playing finals but the reality is these blokes aren't good enough and a lot of people on here question why...............

100% spot on could not agree more well said.

• Like 1

Jim's book

Scully!

Carlton!

Neeld!

Tony Jones!

Why not throw in Julia Gillard!

100% spot on could not agree more well said.

What he said & the events of 186 was a by product of the attitudes of some of our players. I remember reading Caro Wilson's article the day after the game thinking how is it possible that a playing group could play under protest against an administrator. Perhaps Schwabs rumored medaling in the FD was justified. Parts of this playing group come across as a joke & I wouldn't give a toss if over 10 of them were shown the door come draft time.

What he said & the events of 186 was a by product of the attitudes of some of our players. I remember reading Caro Wilson's article the day after the game thinking how is it possible that a playing group could play under protest against an administrator. Perhaps Schwabs rumored medaling in the FD was justified. Parts of this playing group come across as a joke & I wouldn't give a toss if over 10 of them were shown the door come draft time.

On average about 10 will be turned over - the issue is which 10!

If anyone bothers to check my posts from last year they will see that I was not a fan of Bailey as senior coach, but what I am reading here is absolute garbage - a pathetic and desperate attempt at character assassination by the blind followers of Neeld!

i guess jimmy has assassinated his character then

Jim's book

Agreed 100% mate - I've been saying on these boards since at least the start of last season and possibly earlier that just watching us on game day our players are either extremely unfit or extremely lazy or both. That is why it makes me believe these rumours because the performance each weekend makes it self-evident. It is crazy to think these guys are getting paid hundreds of thousands a year to just turn it up and just coast along at our expense. Sometimes I get so frustrated watching their efforts on game days that I want to go over to the race and go all Richmond supporter on them, the only thing keeping me from doing so is my dignity, but once that's gone look out. Too many lazy primadonnas running around like they think they're Carey or Ablett but they're more like Godfrey or Nicholson.

Jim's book

And some supporters are happy to pass on Viney if the price is too high when he's a leader and the one guy that will wring every last effort out of his body to be the best he can be ? A guy that has dominated every competition he's been in til now since he was 9 years old ? A guy that played in a premiership with Trengove and Tapscott at school when he was 14 and they were 17 ? A guy that in his last game for Casey had more hard ball gets in his second full game than any other player on his way to 24 disposals ?

This club has finally been kissed on the dick to get him.

• Like 8

Scully!

Carlton!

Neeld!

Tony Jones!

Why not throw in Julia Gillard!

All except Scully are on record speaking about MFC players lack of profesisionalism..... All of them are in the industry so yea I will listen to their comments and formulate an opinion on that....

You can choose to bury your head in the sand and call this a beat up - but maybe just maybe our ladder position is in indication of how poor of an attitude this list has and their attituted is a reflection of the output on the field. Kind of ironic they are near GWS and GC isn't it who have such low experience and condition for AFL standard.....You seem to be blody happy with the past few years efforts by the boys - we'll i am fuckin not.......

There is an old saying hardnut - where the is smoke there is fire - make all the smart ass comments you want but our recently retired club champion hasn't stopped talking about the lack of professionalism at this club

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 3

THis has nothing to do with Neeld apart from the fact that he is trying to implement a new culture at this club.... This thread is a discussion on people (MFC people) making statments about the playing lists commitment to their footy.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

And some supporters are happy to pass on Viney if the price is too high when he's a leader and the one guy that will wring every last effort out of his body to be the best he can be ? A guy that has dominated every competition he's been in til now since he was 9 years old ? A guy that played in a premiership with Trengove and Tapscott at school when he was 14 and they were 17 ? A guy that in his last game for Casey had more hard ball gets in his second full game than any other player on his way to 24 disposals ?

This club has finally been kissed on the dick to get him.

Nice turn of phrase.

This Toumpas guy is an SA prodigy as well.

We could have Adelaides finest kids as our premiership midfield one day.

Rumours can be just rumours

Occasionally its when the truth sneaks out but is hard to believe.

Something like this would need to be squashed or outed properly.

that it is in some way alluded to in Jimmas book and nudge-nudge-wink-wink by Green makes it a bit more than pub talk

Sadly, it's true. In Jimmy's book (p 293) he says about Dean Bailey: '...They (the players) thought he was a terrific guy, but there was a view that they were now walking all over him. On one occasion, they had even cancelled their own time-trial run.'

Sadly, it's true. In Jimmy's book (p 293) he says about Dean Bailey: '...They (the players) thought he was a terrific guy, but there was a view that they were now walking all over him. On one occasion, they had even cancelled their own time-trial run.'

It's only one occasion but it's one occasion too much. The players may have liked Bailey but they clearly didn't respect him.

I just want to sign off by saying that footy clubs are boys clubs - and I don't have a problem with having a joke or slacking off a bit as it is a high pressure, high preformance enviroment.

But these aren't rumors about messing around being with the boys - these are rumors about total lack of commitment from the entire playing list. Who is responsible/?? Players/coaches/admin/?? I dont' know.

I am not trying to turn this in to a pro Neeld thread - but all the great teams are known for their profesionalisum - I am way too young for it but what i've read Norm Smith was one of the first to introduce professionalism to football - that yeilded 6 cups in 10 years??? Became one of the greatest coaches ever.. must have been a fluke

Who really cares if these rumors are true or not anyway... right? This club has become irealavent anyway... how many Vic clubs have we beaten in the past 4 - 5 years??? No one cares lets continue to be a laughing stock....

Professionalism whow cares.. as a matter of fact i might just sleep in tomorrow morning

Edited by Unleash Hell

Has anyone thought that maybe Greeny as Captain last year aware of the unprofessionalism at the Club should have stood up to those who were unprofessional. Why complain about it now when being Captain you are charged with the right to pull those players up or at least show by his own actions. Unfortunately maybe Greeny was too weak a leader to do the former. If that is the case then the 2 Jacks are going to find it difficult to change the attitude of any senior player with a soft attitude. It is slowly becoming all so clear how massive a job Neeld was handed at the beginning of the year. Not only were we seriously unfit but worse some of the senior players were leading the way with the bad attitude. You cant blame the younger players when they see players who they should be looking up to doing what they were doing. Neeld is like a breath of fresh air and it will take time to clear the stench.

• Like 2