Who should we pick up?

Grimseyisgod

Isn't a Goddard type at Carlton. Don't see why he'd be any better at Melbourne.

He was a goddard type all of last year...i believe hed fit in really well with Jack Watts. Peoople are underrating Gibbs

My only issue with Goddard is that he's a angry player, but not in a good way.. Goddard will be tough to play with if we are a little down, i saw that with him and the saints at the start of last year

BigFooty has us into Rischitelli

Wouldn't expect that to happen.

Ritschitelli chose Gold Coast ahead of Carlton when he left Brisbane because he didn't want to leave Queensland.

Good player, but don't expect that one to happen.

Now that Jurrah has set his intentions on playing in Adelaide.

Could we trade him to Adelaide for Aidan Riley? Andy Otten or Ricky Henderson as my 2nd preference. I can see us trading him for Chris Knighs.

He could walk to Port Adelaide in PSD. So I cant see Port trading with us.

If we were to trade. Matt Thomas & Justin Westoff would be ones I would target. Ben Jacobs most likely though.

Edited by GRUN DEE

Port Adelaide will want a good pick for him, no doubt.. i reckon we should push for second round draft pick.

Look i know there are heaps of young players around, like josh toy.

But we should look at some older players. like 2 year olds

Jordan Gysberts & 3rd rounder too Geelong for there 1st rounder (Pick 15ish) & Josh Walker (Drafted via Rookie Pick)?

Is that asking too much?

Maybe this is a bit more realistic;

Gysberts for Geelongs Pick 15?

or

Gysberts for Geelongs 2nd rounder (Pick 33) & Josh Walker?

Edited by GRUN DEE
  • Like 1

So what pick would we have to give up for jacobs?

Would really like him at the dees.

He's in Melbourne as we speak. I hope that the FD are in his ear.

I'm still (naively?) hoping that Viney will be our second round pick. If that's the case, we can only offer first or third round picks to Port. The former is overs, the latter will not be enough to get the job done. I think that we'll have to offer a player plus third/fourth round pick. Can we throw in Jurrah?

Anything other than a first round pick will do for me. He'll be a big get. Two seasons in, his whole career ahead of him and he's keen to come home.

I dont believe Melbourne can even trade Jurrah, thats what i heard maybe im wrong.

Viney will go father sun 2nd round no doubt

I dont believe Melbourne can even trade Jurrah, thats what i heard maybe im wrong.

Viney will go father sun 2nd round no doubt

We can. But he will most likely get through to whatever club wants him in the draft.

So trade possible but unlikely.

Whoever we get will sit around injured for a year and then go home or go to jail most likely .

I really dont care about individuals anymore.

I want 20 games a year out of a recruit.

With SOME good games.

Thats all.

Whoever we get will sit around injured for a year and then go home or go to jail most likely .

I really dont care about individuals anymore.

I want 20 games a year out of a recruit.

With SOME good games.

Thats all.

although you make some good points, i believe Jurrah had something to offer Melbourne. I think that Melbournes situation is alot worse than we all think due to the vast number of changes and players we need to come back and to get into the club. Viney will take 3 years before he can really start destroying and the same with our other draft picks.

I seriously hope our pickups from other clubs really impact us, as much as Mitch Clark. I reckon we need 5 mature aged players or players from other clubs. Chris Knights, Clinton Young, Goddard, Andrew Embley and i really like the look of Daniel Pearce so he could be a good trade with Moloney in it. Than there is sharrod wellingham where we will have to give up a pick probably and stefan Martin.

ohh well, Its for the best!

So what pick would we have to give up for jacobs?

Would really like him at the dees.

Jacobs was taken at Pick 16 in the 2010 draft, so there's a very good chance that they'd be wanting at least our Pick 13 for him.

Maybe we could secure him through Moloney, our 3rd round draft pick and a guarentee that we wont re-draft Jurrah in the PSD to spite our face, but I reckon that's a bit more unlikely.

Edit: Having said that I don't think Jurrah will play AFL next season.

Edited by Tall Defence

Maybe this is a bit more realistic;

Gysberts for Geelongs Pick 15?

Gysberts can't get a game at one of the worst teams in the league and the worst Melbourne side I've seen since 1981, so he's hardly worth a first round selection in a good draft.

There may be an exchange of picks involved, but I can't see him being worth a pick under 50 in the ND.

Or we may be able to do a deal that involves one of their fringe players.

Edited by Ben-Hur

Gysberts can't get a game at one of the worst teams in the league and the worst Melbourne side I've seen since 1981, so he's hardly worth a first round selection in a good draft.

There may be an exchange of picks involved, but I can't see him being worth a pick under 50 in the ND.

Or we may be able to do a deal that involves one of their fringe players.

Moloney couldn't either and apparently there are 6 clubs interested in him. We'll get market value for Gysberts and that will depend on how many other clubs rate him. He won two rising stars in just a few games. He can clearly play but would seem not to fit Neeld's vision.

We may get something a bit better than you expect.

If there's competition we may do better, but the RS nominations won't increase his value.

Slow, no tank, no hunger, no hurt factor. Good in close, but an average to poor kick. Good VFL player who could probably play 50 - 100 AFL games.

No loss and just another wasted pick. He wasn't expected to be a first rounder and is a mile off being traded for one. Lucas, Gysberts and Melksham have all been disappointing, although the latter gets regular games.

And to think we could've taken Talia at #11 at the time. BP has to go down as just about the worst recruiting manager of all time.

People cannot overstate the importance of this upcoming draft for us, i'm just relieved that we don't have someone as inept as BP was in the job leading us now.

• Like 1