Tune in to SEN now - KB to bring up tanking sanctions for Melb.

Range Rover

Fools, the MFC is guilty, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it, buffoonery at best.

Who do you support?

You carnt really argue with that.

Who do you guys barrack for? We are guilty of playing within a system and a set of rules imposed by the AFL. We've done nothing more than any number of other clubs over recent times.

• Like 2

We did make a bit of a pi$$ poor effort to divert attention, by "confirming" we have the cap room for Cloke and were going to have a crack.

RR, you said earlier in the thread that the AFL could have ended this by saying a review was done and there was found to nothing, and that by saying an investigation is ongoing, they give the matter legs.

I disagree with this.

By claiming there is nothing to be found, it just gives fuel to the fire, and compounds the ire upon the AFL, for being perceived as being complicit.

The frenzy of the media as the AFL turned a blind eye as is "unacceptable" to slobs like Mark Robinson.

The furore on talkback radio would be palpable.

By saying an investigation is ongoing, it lets the media play with it a little and drag it out until another matter steals their attention, and the AFL never has to actually come back with any finding, or if they do, everyone is so sick of the issue they don't care of the result any more.

This issue will get stale in the next couple of days, and die a fairly quick and unassuming death, despite the best efforts of some media hacks to revive it.

Consummately boring.

I hope you're right, Jose. But since when has the AFL given two stuffs about any "ire" directed against it?

They could easily have dismissed this thing with a brief, terse statement. For some reason they didn't and now we have "widening investigation" with a cheering bloodthirsty media pack to egg it on.

The situation is already doing damage to Melbourne. Do you think trade targets won't be watching on and thinking "now that's one club I definitely won't be considering"?

Mark Neeld must be fuming.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

The last thing I heard on SEN is that they are going to remove all our 2012 premiership points!!! ALL SIX OF THEM!!!

Don't you mean 8

If they do that we will finish last and get the first 2 picks

Does not make sense.

What you are suggesting improves our situation

Everything or nothing from my view point.

Either cut out our first round picks or do nothing

Guest José Mourinho

It was a joke.

A caller suggested we should be penalised by the AFL by having all our premiership points removed... (thereby awarding us the 1st pick in the draft).

• Like 1

I believe there will be a number of confessions of sins from the club (along with an investigation into Carlton). There will be no real punishment I think but this will the beginning of a review process of the draft. Demetriou will lose too much face to punish anyone but changing the system of how draft picks are allocated will be the olive branch that will silence the critics.

What about Sheedy trying his hardest to convince the AFL not to give us a priority pick this year?

You see by bringing this up now it puts pressure on the AFL when they consider our plight.

The most plausible conspiracy theory I can come up with.

Storm in a teacup created by Melbourne haters (a growing section of the media) and Patrick on SEN who'se only currancy is taking controversial opinions and running with them.

Brock has about as much credibility as any other player who recently told a random punter on the net that he caught aids off his mother.

MFC have done the right thing but have already been investigated with no findings of 'tanking.'

But to put in context - In the Kruezer cup we WON against Carlton who allowed Travis Johnstone to gain 40+ possessions and was never tagged - a clear display of coaching to lose. Libba then came out and openly said Carlton were tanking. Nothing happened.

Terry Wallace basically said that Richmond tanked to get Cotchin. Nothing happened.

Every year teams that know their finals chances are over blood players, move players in odd positions to see how they go and experiement.

Any tiny fragment of respect I had for Brock is gone now. Why bring it up? Surely we all swalled Scully being able to leave as an indirect consequence of karma from tanking??

Alternatively all it would take is an ex richmond, west coast or carlton player with a grudge to come out and say the same thing then I wonder how Kev and Patrick will be whinging about the blight on the game and match fixing.

Brock-Slow footballer with an even slower brain

I hope you're right, Jose. But since when has the AFL given two stuffs about any "ire" directed against it?

They could easily have dismissed this thing with a brief, terse statement. For some reason they didn't and now we have "widening investigation" with a cheering bloodthirsty media pack to egg it on.

The situation is already doing damage to Melbourne. Do you think trade targets won't be watching on and thinking "now that's one club I definitely won't be considering"?

Mark Neeld must be fuming.

And all that hoopla earlier in the year about whether or not MFC had done the appropriate due diligence when appointing Mark Neeld! One feels it should have been the other way around!

You're probably not wrong, for us to change the culture we may need to get some from the old regime out. Connolly has been way out of the spotlight this year, and that's the way it should be, I can't say if he's done a good job or not because I don't have enough inside information.

Schwabb is the interesting one, he speaks so well for the club but I can't really say his performance has been great. This red and blue print is certainly not going according to plan, but a lot of financial success rests of on-field success especially since we have a low supporter base. He got the weird one year extension during the Bailey debacle last year, has he earned an extension on that? If we can get someone better, I say we go for it.

And why is shwab always around when people start investigating skullduggery.
  • Like 1

What about Sheedy trying his hardest to convince the AFL not to give us a priority pick this year?

You see by bringing this up now it puts pressure on the AFL when they consider our plight.

The most plausible conspiracy theory I can come up with.

AFL has already said no PP's this year.