• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POLL: Do you want Mark Neeld to remain coach in 2013?

Range Rover

Mark Neeld in 2013? Yes or No.  

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

175 - 5 for Neeld.

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. Was hoping for 99% but only managed 97.22%.

Did you and Tona have two accounts each? Come on ... come clean.

I'm a straightshooter - I didn't even vote, like a lot of others from what I read!

Good night.

RRovers last two polls have revolved around

1. Culling all the Players

2. Culling the Coach

In a forum like this the poll must be conducted via Administration not someone advocating Mass Player Culls or Blind Faith in an a Coach with one win under his belt(gws not included) close to seasons end. Obviously the only people to bother voting will be Range Rover forelock tuggers. RRover sees himself as a Kingpin around Demonland and good on him! We need Passionate Guys like Range Rover. Doesn't mean we can't disagree with him. All the poll really told us is that Range Rover has 120 followers.

Posted Today, 10:57 PM

snapback.pngRange Rover, on 31 July 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

175 - 5 for Neeld.

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. Was hoping for 99% but only managed 97.22%.

Did you and Tona have two accounts each? Come on ... come clean.

So this tells us that Range Rover now has 175 followers!! Well you've been around a few years now. Keep messaging your mates. Your starting to look like a real King pin now RR.

I am happy with result. It shows good character by the majority of demonlanders that want to create a united front.

Really, it would give him a boost if he ever decided to read the thread. I want him to succeed, I just don't think he will.

I think this game against gc at home, will be the biggest game in neelds life, so far.

We are playing a team of players that are Cooks vintage.

Even tho this survey shows unanimous support, everybody here should be concerned if we lose at the g against 2year old gc. If I was neeld, tanking would be the last thing on my mind.

I am happy with result. It shows good character by the majority of demonlanders that want to create a united front.

Really, it would give him a boost if he ever decided to read the thread. I want him to succeed, I just don't think he will.

I think this game against gc at home, will be the biggest game in neelds life, so far.

We are playing a team of players that are Cooks vintage.

Even tho this survey shows unanimous support, everybody here should be concerned if we lose at the g against 2year old gc. If I was neeld, tanking would be the last thing on my mind.

Its not really a case of following RR-more a case of you being drastically wrong about how most MFC members and fans feel about the issue.Look at the support Collingwood gave Malthouse and you give Neeld 9 months in a job and want to draw the knife.On the other hand you use the word LOYALTY when discussing players. Anyway it was close.
  • Like 2

Guest KingDingAling

Mark Neeld is the right man for the job.

Our culture is pathetic and there is no easy fix.

I'm against the push for Cloke, but I respect the club are at least having a dip

in trying to change things up a bit.

Mark Neeld is the right man for the job.

Our culture is pathetic and there is no easy fix.

I'm against the push for Cloke, but I respect the club are at least having a dip

in trying to change things up a bit.

sums it up really. Im not a fan of the panic-lets get cloke movement either ( for various reasons but theyeve been done to death elsewhere )

I do like that the club doesnt want to die without knowing. Its wresting the reigns of its future , refusing to be led and trying to lead.

Funny if the club wasnt trying to do something surely people would be more outraged ?

RRovers last two polls have revolved around

1. Culling all the Players

2. Culling the Coach

In a forum like this the poll must be conducted via Administration not someone advocating Mass Player Culls or Blind Faith in an a Coach with one win under his belt(gws not included) close to seasons end. Obviously the only people to bother voting will be Range Rover forelock tuggers. RRover sees himself as a Kingpin around Demonland and good on him! We need Passionate Guys like Range Rover. Doesn't mean we can't disagree with him. All the poll really told us is that Range Rover has 120 followers.

Liked this but for last sentance

I did vote and not necessarily for Neeld but for the club and contract integrity

Its still too bloody early to tell and I am in the I expected better from Neeld as a teacher analyst coach and am concerned that he is a bit one dimensional inflexible and maybe even wrong.

I didnt expect him to change the total playing list and did expect him to get improvement from MOrton (now theres a challenge) Watts (that was almost too easy) and others.

He has been given improved FD and resources and has capacity to add Cloke if he wants (Clarke certainly worked) and others through draft but as coach HE still has to get them to work together and get success. The plaers have to believe in him and Im prepared to say that I do for the moment

When I have seen enough of his performance with the resources I may change my vote That will be do we give him an extension or find somone who can use the resources to get some success..

• Like 1

Without being inside the club, it is impossible to say whether he should be replaced or not. Those voting ‘yes’ are putting a lot of faith in intangible improvements, which I don’t think can be evaluated from outside the club.

IMO the board would be negligent if they did not do a thorough review of the situation - given the on field results have been so poor. This may end up reconfirming the administration’s initial positive view on Neeld. We now have a lot more information on Neeld's coaching ability than before his appointment and so it is easier to assess his suitability.

• Like 3

Without being inside the club, it is impossible to say whether he should be replaced or not. Those voting ‘yes’ are putting a lot of faith in intangible improvements, which I don’t think can be evaluated from outside the club.

IMO the board would be negligent if they did not do a thorough review of the situation - given the on field results have been so poor. This may end up reconfirming the administration’s initial positive view on Neeld. We now have a lot more information on Neeld's coaching ability than before his appointment and so it is easier to assess his suitability.

191 - 5

• Like 1

Mark Neeld deserves a medal for courage under extreme adversity with all the rubbish he has had to put up with in his first year as coach. In the words of Bobby Davis "It's fair dinkum unbelievable."

We should probably all be locked up.

• Like 2

Heaven forbid someone should come into this club with the balls to take some punishnent. I just wish we had more players like him.

• Like 2

Clearly clubs like the Swans and Geelong have never had to bottom out to maintain sustained success. Sure, they have maintained a core group of solid players to bring on the youth, but this has come about because of a culture engendered within those clubs through hard, sometimes heart breaking work. Remember, a short time in to his tenure, there were calls, from some quarters, to dump Bomber Thompson from Geelong.

Mark Neeld has flagged his intention to be uncompromising. This is his and the club's in general challenge to overcome.

I did not vote in this poll, but for what it is worth, I stick by Neeld's agenda and support it.

I'm a straightshooter - I didn't even vote, like a lot of others from what I read!

Good night.

HAH!

Straighshooter.

Yep, that's you. No hidden agenda, no making suprious arguments that you cannot support, answering straight questions with equally straight answers...

Straightshooter.

The premise of the question does not ask if we like or support Neeld full stop or do we support him till the end of his contract. Even RR cannot commit himself to that given he suggests the position should be at the same time next year.

"Should Mark Neeld continue on as coach into season 2013?"

Hello? Captain Obvious HELLO!!!! Why answer such a silly question and one that is purely put up to cause division in Demonland and angst for others RR sees as a risk to his "King Pin" Status.

How about 2014 or perhaps until the end of his Contractual obligation? How about...Do you think Mark Neeld is the right guy to lead Melbourne in the Long term. Do you think Mark Neeld is a good communicator/motivator/media performer or Coach?

As Tonatopia suggests sure it's encouraging to see support for Neeld to continue on NEXT YEAR but surprising some don't think he should. Next year is almost upon us!!!

For the record I have clearly stated Neeld is not under threat and will Coach well into his third year. (But so what if I don't think that-should it matter?)

The only way a change at the end of this season would occur is if Neeld resigned and it won't happen. RR is simply being his usual divisive self and stomping on anyone caring to express an opinion in the same robust fashion he does. A little like a dog peeing, growling and barking on the front gate to mark his territory.

He has demonstrated in his "culling most of the current players" posts a poor understanding IMO of kids playing in first, second or third years and how these guys need a mentor to develop further not simply given the flick because they haven't picked up on two vastly different and questionable game plans.(Neeld's and Bailey's) On top of this his calls to boot out Brad Green is also questionable judgement given Green has given years of blood, sweat and tears and doesn't seem over the hill to me. To the contrary Green will mentor the new guys as they develop. He may retire and good on him if he does. Davey is in the same category.

A message to our higher power (and that's not you RRover) please help Demonland if we are guided down the path of being influenced to block Members that simply happen to be different. Wouldn't it get a little boring in here?

Edited by thaipantsman

Should start a poll asking if there's anyone left who hasn't blocked thaipantsman yet.

Yossarian

The premise of the question does not ask if we like or support Neeld full stop or do we support him till the end of his contract. Even RR cannot commit himself to that given he suggests the position should be at the same time next year.

"Should Mark Neeld continue on as coach into season 2013?"

Hello? Captain Obvious HELLO!!!! Why answer such a silly question and one that is purely put up to cause division in Demonland and angst for others RR sees as a risk to his "King Pin" Status.

How about 2014 or perhaps until the end of his Contractual obligation? How about...Do you think Mark Neeld is the right guy to lead Melbourne in the Long term. Do you think Mark Neeld is a good communicator/motivator/media performer or Coach?

As Tonatopia suggests sure it's encouraging to see support for Neeld to continue on NEXT YEAR but surprising some don't think he should. Next year is almost upon us!!!

For the record I have clearly stated Neeld is not under threat and will Coach well into his third year. (But so what if I don't think that-should it matter?)

The only way a change at the end of this season would occur is if Neeld resigned and it won't happen. RR is simply being his usual divisive self and stomping on anyone caring to express an opinion in the same robust fashion he does. A little like a dog peeing, growling and barking on the front gate to mark his territory.

He has demonstrated in his "culling most of the current players" posts a poor understanding IMO of kids playing in first, second or third years and how these guys need a mentor to develop further not simply given the flick because they haven't picked up on two vastly different and questionable game plans.(Neeld's and Bailey's) On top of this his calls to boot out Brad Green is also questionable judgement given Green has given years of blood, sweat and tears and doesn't seem over the hill to me. To the contrary Green will mentor the new guys as they develop. He may retire and good on him if he does. Davey is in the same category.

A message to our higher power (and that's not you RRover) please help Demonland if we are guided down the path of being influenced to block Members that simply happen to be different. Wouldn't it get a little boring in here?

Just like the press. Simplify things to black and white issues.

Of course Neeld stays next year and probably the third.

Do I fully support him. No.

I think he's done some great things. I'm, happy with his pre season program. I Like the football department set up.

Defensive game plan is really inadequate.

Respect for all players is not good. Some are preferred over others and the leadership issue had bad implications greater than the good. Still too much like the school teacher. Needs lots of experience to mature.

Game day performance is modest at best.

Can he improve. He's got to be given a chance.

I definitely wont vote yes or no to a crazy question.

The better question would have been, 'should we extend his contract to five years to show we stand by him.' I'd like to see that (question)

My answer would be definite....NO. TOO MANY UNKNOWNS. I just hope he does not come under the pump in the coming year, because if he doesn't improve I fear he will.

Nail biting.

• Like 1