Changes for Gold Coast

DeeZee

Our percentage will drop below GC's. They are more competitive than us right now and it's 63 to 58 as it stands right now. Add in the fact that they could actually spank us and I believe they will finish above us. Says so much about our team that has already been said on here but I have no emotion towards results this season anymore so I'm just taking a clinical look at the drafting situation, and what will be best for this rabble.

GC beat us, beat GWS, go above us on the ladder- only have to worry about keeping GWS from bidding on Viney- which I'm more confident about doing.

Being able to use pick first two picks on kids, getting Viney with pick 20 something is the only thing that is going to bring a smile to my face in the season from hell!

I don't think you need to worry about us winning, it's not going to happen.

Exactly. Every game now is just one step closer to draft time for me. Thinking if we miss out on Cloke we go Grundy. If GC beat us and end up 3rd last GWS take Whitfield, we take Grundy, Toumpas/whoeverthef and Viney. All of a sudden something to smile about

• Like 1

Really? I didn't notice .

I posted this too quickly-will watch the replay and reconsider all this .After I puke.

If you watched the game, you would have noticed Moloney as one of our best (Jones & Moloney were our best two) !! please don't post unless you watch the game

IN: High draft picks

OUT: Dignity (what's left anyway...)

But seriously folks...

Does it really matter? Either play some kids for the experience or play some borderline players to decide if they get another chance, hard to care anymore...

If Moloney put as much effort into stopping his opponent as he does waving his arms directing others to stop said opponent, he may have made the top 10 players for the MFC.

Can't possibly be given another game.

This sort of trash post always shows up after we have games at Etihad that aren't on TV for some reason.... Hmmmmm....

If you watched the game, you would have noticed Moloney as one of our best (Jones & Moloney were our best two) !! please don't post unless you watch the game

I watched but didn't SEE that of which you speak :blink:

GC beat us, beat GWS, go above us on the ladder- only have to worry about keeping GWS from bidding on Viney- which I'm more confident about doing.

Being able to use pick first two picks on kids, getting Viney with pick 20 something is the only thing that is going to bring a smile to my face in the season from hell!

Agree.

Anyone who thinks Morton should come in should look at the Frankston game.Then read Clint Bizkits appraisal elsewhere in game thread. Then put that into context with the contested possesion count in the North game! A stat which shows we were slaughtered!

So some want to put a bloke in who is so far outside i.e uncontested you need a telescope to see him to address our inside contested possesion problem??

The game aint won with outside runners, but with inside grunters who run and carry!

Get Real!

My Inns: Fitzpatrick, Gysberts, Couch ( wouldn't have dropped him in the first place) and Watts

Outs : Seller , Dunne, Strauss, Spencer

That's for a start

Edited by picket fence

Agree.

Disagree

6 or 7 years ago it was "when sylvia, bate, dunn, johnstone and mclean get games under there belt we will be unstopable"

2 or 3 years ago it was "when trengrove, watts, straus, blease, cook get games bla bla bla"

now its "when viney, toumpas, grundy whoever get games"

Seems to be a common denominator here... hmmmm...

This sort of trash post always shows up after we have games at Etihad that aren't on TV for some reason.... Hmmmmm....

C'mon stuie , surely you can do better than that.

Bit like Moloney really. Make out like your doing something like waving your arms while your opponent runs right through you.

This sort of trash post always shows up when people believe supercoach or just look at match statistics.

Disagree

6 or 7 years ago it was "when sylvia, bate, dunn, johnstone and mclean get games under there belt we will be unstopable"

2 or 3 years ago it was "when trengrove, watts, straus, blease, cook get games bla bla bla"

now its "when viney, toumpas, grundy whoever get games"

Seems to be a common denominator here... hmmmm...

Well Josh, it is either hope we fix the crap or give up. I live in hope.

Well Josh, it is either hope we fix the crap or give up. I live in hope.

I live in hope as well, in fact i can be quoted on this site saying that patience is key, that we have a good young core. But we have had good young cores before and nothing happened, perhapes all this talk of " not enough experienced leaders with the right attitude" is right.

Lets go get Sewell, Chappy, Black and as many seniour players from proven clubs and pay them to teach our kids in a similar way to GWS with J Mac, Brogan and Power

• Like 1

I live in hope as well, in fact i can be quoted on this site saying that patience is key, that we have a good young core. But we have had good young cores before and nothing happened, perhapes all this talk of " not enough experienced leaders with the right attitude" is right.

Lets go get Sewell, Chappy, Black and as many seniour players from proven clubs and pay them to teach our kids in a similar way to GWS with J Mac, Brogan and Power

Yep couldn't agree more!!

i am still furious with Ryan Ferguson who cost us Sewell by refusing to go to Hawthorn. We should have threatened him with "you will never play another senior game for us if you don't go". We were weak.

Anyone who thinks Morton should come in should look at the Frankston game.Then read Clint Bizkits appraisal elsewhere in game thread. Then put that into context with the contested possesion count in the North game! A stat which shows we were slaughtered!

So some want to put a bloke in who is so far outside i.e uncontested you need a telescope to see him to address our inside contested possesion problem??

The game aint won with outside runners, but with inside grunters who run and carry!

Get Real!

My Inns: Fitzpatrick, Gysberts, Couch ( wouldn't have dropped him in the first place) and Watts

That's for a start

Get Real!

That's for a start

I think that Morton was named amongst the better players for Casey: I saw bits and pieces only of the game and he still is, as you perhaps kindly put it, "so outside". The few times I saw him he just didn't want to contest. (weeping: and we could have had Cyril - weeps again)

Get Real!

That's for a start

Have you seen Fitzpatrick play?

Sellar is ok and will stay as will Strauss who, just in case you didn't realise it was the substitute yesterday and the previous two weeks.

Neeld has a lot of time for Strauss and considers him part of the future, so I don't think they will drop him.

Did you go to the game yesterday?

It's sure working for them....