• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

See you later ... Bater?

Range Rover

The fact that there's any argument over who is better out of Bate, Bennell, Dunn or Petterd is indicative of BH's point about forming an attachment to ordinary players. In the big picture none of these players have a role to play in our quest for glory and all should be gone at years end.

this...if there was any sense to be had.

The fact that there's any argument over who is better out of Bate, Bennell, Dunn or Petterd is indicative of BH's point about forming an attachment to ordinary players. In the big picture none of these players have a role to play in our quest for glory and all should be gone at years end.

Agreed, although I still have a glimmer of hope for Petterd as far as potential goes from that list.

(Not one of my faves BTW)

I posted this in the game thread after Fremantle but it is probably better suited here.

Bate needs to be in inside mid to survive this game surely. He has NO athleticism at all. I'm not being harsh or nasty because I think he is clearly one of the hardest workers on or list but I just don't think he has ANY fast-twitch fibres at all. He has minimal pace and even less vertical propulsion. I had to face palm myself today when he went 3rd man up at one of the stoppages. So where do we play him? Can't mark overhead moving up the ground from the HFF, too much of a plodder to crumb at FP, too slow to be an outside mid, would struggle to spoil anyone taller than 5'10" as a backman and I scoff at the thought of him on an opposition crumber. Inside mid is all there is left and I'm not so sure he has quick enough reactions to do that either.

• Like 1

That will just re-create the locker room infinite loop where no thread on the footy board = new thread on the footy board.

We have always had the drafting board around this time and over the summer and I doubt the mods are going to reverse themselves on that.

The threads that pop up are constant, and so are the domaination of certain posters who don't like certain players, and it is best to keep that in the D&T board.

Person A: Delist him!

Person B: No way!

A: You don't know anything!

B: So do!

And so forth...

Yes I am.

I know your mind is a bit strained with this concept. But why is this surprising to you? Both were first round KPF drafted as 196cm skinny 18 year olds....

One was a standout who has progressed well. The other still struggles at casey and is yet to play a senior game. A bad number 12 call in my eyes.

Quite simple.

One was a standout who has progressed well. The other still struggles at casey and is yet to play a senior game. A bad number 12 call in my eyes.

Quite simple.

Both were standouts given they were both first round draft picks. Cook was very impressive as an u18 year old.

So after Watts first year he looked far from the player he is now? What if he had of had a hip injury and missed most of his second year too? Would have showed about as much as Cook has now. You were probably one of the MANY who said watts was useless as recently as first few rounds of this season.

Sorry but I just find it frustrating when people don't understand footy, don't understand what certain players need to develop and make idiotic judgements. I hate having supporters like you at our club.

not as bad as Gysberts or Cook though. Matty was good in his first year so i blame the training regime for a large part of his demise.

More carp from you wyl, Gysberts can't get a decent run at it through injuries and how good was your lovechild Darling last week as the main forward.

Both were standouts given they were both first round draft picks. Cook was very impressive as an u18 year old.

So after Watts first year he looked far from the player he is now? What if he had of had a hip injury and missed most of his second year too? Would have showed about as much as Cook has now. You were probably one of the MANY who said watts was useless as recently as first few rounds of this season.

Sorry but I just find it frustrating when people don't understand footy, don't understand what certain players need to develop and make idiotic judgements. I hate having supporters like you at our club.

NO DON. i am a Watts fan and believer from day one.

Cook was a project player we could not afford.

Should have gone in the 40's. A very bad decision IMO

More carp from you wyl, Gysberts can't get a decent run at it through injuries and how good was your lovechild Darling last week as the main forward.

Gysberts is no quicker than Trengove. Can we have them both in the midfield PSD?

I am O/S so haven't seen much in the last month. Darling is a solid player. Cook has not crossed the white line. He is a luxury that we didn't need at the time IMO

Gysberts is no quicker than Trengove. Can we have them both in the midfield PSD?

I am O/S so haven't seen much in the last month. Darling is a solid player. Cook has not crossed the white line. He is a luxury that we didn't need at the time IMO

WYL the best thing for this team is the change of the baton in leadership, which has started this year, Gysberts is as quick as any in the AFL with his hands and decision making, he is Matt PRIDDIS minus the tank, which will come. Outside run with another preseason in Blease or a draft pick up with toe will see great use of Gysberts inside work.

Good midfields have plenty of depth with multiple players rotating through, that will be trenners, gysberts,sylvia, jones & howe and grimes with occassional cameo stints. Jordie Mac will get run with roles from now on. Add to them Viney & the others we pick up and whichever F/A we pick up and things look up. Pretty happy with how the defence is coming on and improved ball use from midfield will see the forwards look better.

As for Cook A/A U/18 CHF at 19 years FFS, Butcher who many here were calling for last year had done nothing for 2 years until given a run late last season. Give Cook time, I have seen a lot of Darling and he will never be the number 1 forward, which is what he would have been for us had he been picked up 2010. Very good 3rd tall but thats it

I must admit im a little baffled by Lucas. . Taken as high as he was youd think we might have seen a little bit more of him.

Hes a slow train coming this lad me thinks. I cant help but feel in some ways the FD back then were palying at 'lucky dips" .If they took enough then somone was bound to click. And yet he hasnt. We were scammed wrt Darling. Such is life. Howe taken much later has come on much quicker. Almost funny that.

anyhow....

But back to Bate...honestly. What is left that left to the unknown. I would have thought weve seen all there is from Matty and its just not quite what we need.

And there in lies the problem now. There's no real potential left to be pontificated upon, none to really enitce another club to claimhim and even if they do theres nothing in it for us.

I realise possibly Neeld wanted to evaluate the guys for himself but weve been left with an empty plate in this instance. Should have moved him to the pups last year. We didnt, we move on as Im inclined to think will Bate...

The End

WYL the best thing for this team is the change of the baton in leadership, which has started this year, Gysberts is as quick as any in the AFL with his hands and decision making, he is Matt PRIDDIS minus the tank, which will come. Outside run with another preseason in Blease or a draft pick up with toe will see great use of Gysberts inside work.

Good midfields have plenty of depth with multiple players rotating through, that will be trenners, gysberts,sylvia, jones & howe and grimes with occassional cameo stints. Jordie Mac will get run with roles from now on. Add to them Viney & the others we pick up and whichever F/A we pick up and things look up. Pretty happy with how the defence is coming on and improved ball use from midfield will see the forwards look better.

As for Cook A/A U/18 CHF at 19 years FFS, Butcher who many here were calling for last year had done nothing for 2 years until given a run late last season. Give Cook time, I have seen a lot of Darling and he will never be the number 1 forward, which is what he would have been for us had he been picked up 2010. Very good 3rd tall but thats it

You really think Gysbert & Cook will play elite AFL long term?. Because they are the draft numbers used. I have my strong doubts. Yes things change, but these 2 will need a massive upside to justify the draft the MFC called.

You really think Gysbert & Cook will play elite AFL long term?. Because they are the draft numbers used. I have my strong doubts. Yes things change, but these 2 will need a massive upside to justify the draft the MFC called.

Cook's got nice hands, but I agree, the jury's out on this player.

Gys is good and will be a gun.

hahah WYL your such a tool, your making all these judgements from another country? That explains everything...

No Don. Been a member since 1987 first game 1971.

Pull your head in. Television exists in asia during vacations

No Don. Been a member since 1987 first game 1971.

Pull your head in. Television exists in asia during vacations

Just because u have been a member for years doesn't make you any more intelligent than a newborn.

Yes, I am sure all the casey games have been played in asia....

hahah WYL your such a tool, your making all these judgements from another country? That explains everything...

Do you lose the right to express an opinion when you leave Australia?

I would think travel broadens the mind.

Don-you haven't earned the right to call WYL a tool yet .

Even if he is a little sh!tty at being a long-suffering Demon .

The man is a Demonland institution

And God knows we all belong in one .

• Like 2