GWS (U-17's) Mini Draft

dee-luded

Guest KingDingAling

Each year i get around to the under 18 carnival and i watch a fair amount of TAC cup footy.

I reccon I am a preety good judge of young players this easy said once they have been drafted

But In 09 i was praying we picked up Lewis Jetta at pick 12 we got Gysberts and 2010 was also once again hoping for Darling but we got Cook

This year if we keep all our picks i hope it looks like this

Pick# 3 I am torn betweenBen Kennedy and Oliver Wines Pick# 4 Jesse Stringer forget his injury will be a star.

Pick #13 Dayle Garlett and the next pick what ever it may be #20 Jack Viney

Ben Kennedy wont go as low as 3!!

Actually Wines probably wont either, the only thing being that Wines wont be there at 13,

whereas Kennedy will still most likely be there at 13.

I'd be hoping that one of Garlett, Stringer or Kennedy are available at 13.

• Like 1

Tried to find footage but could only find a bloke who is balding, ripping his shirt off and then throwing some very ordinary and suspicious punches at a sgt.slaughter character. But in all seriousness I want that Hogan kid to be a demon. He is ready made to play next year the kid is a beast and out weighs Jack Watts who is older then him. He needs to work on his set shots but he doesn't need to work on his attack on the ball. He is a nutcase when the ball is in the air and is more then happy to throw his weight around. With Mitch and Hogan the bodies would hit the floor! I don't mean this in a bad way he is the exact opposite to Watts. Watts has awesome skills and footy smarts but is skinny and not a pack mark player. Hogan isn't polished but he is a wrecking ball who takes a grab.

Hmmn, we need someone to split the packs. And he's a Brilliiaant Mark! tough hard at it. At 17... hard like JBrown.

We have some bloke called Mitchell Clark who was busting packs and kicking goals, d-L.

This Hogan sounds like a Hurley type.

He's of the size of Hurley, but he sounds to me like he's better at contested Marking, but sounds like needs work on his kicking.

He's only 17 as yet, & sounds like he embraces the physical contact...

Each year i get around to the under 18 carnival and i watch a fair amount of TAC cup footy.

I reccon I am a preety good judge of young players this easy said once they have been drafted

But In 09 i was praying we picked up Lewis Jetta at pick 12 we got Gysberts and 2010 was also once again hoping for Darling but we got Cook

This year if we keep all our picks i hope it looks like this

Pick# 3 I am torn betweenBen Kennedy and Oliver Wines Pick# 4 Jesse Stringer forget his injury will be a star.

Pick #13 Dayle Garlett and the next pick what ever it may be #20 Jack Viney

What makes you think you got it right wanting Jetta and Darling? Don't think its wise to cast judgement so early on. Gysberts and Cook have a tonne of room for growth. See where they all stack up in 5 years time.

• Like 1

What makes you think you got it right wanting Jetta and Darling? Don't think its wise to cast judgement so early on. Gysberts and Cook have a tonne of room for growth. See where they all stack up in 5 years time.

You're kidding mate. Please don't stick up for Melbourne's recruiting. It can't have been any good for us to still be this bad.

Gysberts and Cook would have to win Brownlow's to make up for the jump that Darling and Jetta have on them.

You're kidding mate. Please don't stick up for Melbourne's recruiting. It can't have been any good for us to still be this bad.

Gysberts and Cook would have to win Brownlow's to make up for the jump that Darling and Jetta have on them.

Jetta has half a season of form, Darling has done very little so far, is a good player but isnt a world beater or anything.

Kennedy was a reasonable nobody when Carlton traded him, know he is a top KPP in the league 3-4 years alter

• Like 1

Jetta has half a season of form, Darling has done very little so far, is a good player but isnt a world beater or anything.

Kennedy was a reasonable nobody when Carlton traded him, know he is a top KPP in the league 3-4 years alter

Your Kidding right

Jetta is the most electrifying player in the comp at the momment, not to mention he has kicked 36 goals from the wing/half foward

While Darling is a beast of a player smashes the packs, runs all day and has kicked around 30 goals this year, so IMAGINE his improvement in 3-4 years

Cook struggles at VFL

Your Kidding right

Jetta is the most electrifying player in the comp at the momment, not to mention he has kicked 36 goals from the wing/half foward

While Darling is a beast of a player smashes the packs, runs all day and has kicked around 30 goals this year, so IMAGINE his improvement in 3-4 years

Cook struggles at VFL

All i said is that Jett has only performed to this level for half a season, he kicked like 20 behinds in a row last year didnt he? *will be very close to AA with his form, but they normally like more than one years production (usual names ect)

Darling is more of a target this year (and built to be) with Kennedy out,

Cook does not struggle at VFL level, he will come on, kid isnt 20 yet very few KPP's come on prior to 22 or so, Franklin and Darling are about it and Darling has played the role of a foil for a year to begin with

All i said is that Jett has only performed to this level for half a season, he kicked like 20 behinds in a row last year didnt he? *will be very close to AA with his form, but they normally like more than one years production (usual names ect)

Darling is more of a target this year (and built to be) with Kennedy out,

Cook does not struggle at VFL level, he will come on, kid isnt 20 yet very few KPP's come on prior to 22 or so, Franklin and Darling are about it and Darling has played the role of a foil for a year to begin with

how about Jeremy Cameron how is he going this year, what is his body size like? I am very cynical about Cook, Barry Prendergast loved those skinny players in the draft

get back on track ... I had a dream

#3 Jimmy Toumpas (SA) - pace, skills, smarts ... great wing/ruck rover. Gets the footy.

#4 Jake Stringer (Bendigo) - midfielder/fwd ... reminds me of a young PAV !! or Sam Mayes (SA)- class, class, class

#13 Dayle Gartlett (WA) - think a taller version of Cyril Rioli, Or

#25 Jack Viney father/son (Chargers) - hard as concrete. He will be a key to MFC future.

#45 Jason Pongrecic (Stingrays) - this kid loves it tough. He gets the footy, and tackles like he really enjoys it

#65 Daniel Nicholson - rookie elevation

Trade

1. Cale Morton to Eagles, in exchange for Koby Stevens

2. Ricky Bobby Petterd to Sydney, in exchange for Jesse White

#3 Psd - Darryle Pearce (Power)

Rookies (only 2 to add) - 1. Luke Blackwell,25 (WAFL Claremont gun onballer) 2.LukeTynan, 20 (Scorpions) good classy HBF, brother to Josh

how about Jeremy Cameron how is he going this year, what is his body size like? I am very cynical about Cook, Barry Prendergast loved those skinny players in the draft

Great player, but all i am saying is that you cannot judge player A because player B came on faster than him or was better developed, By all reports Cameron is better and was rated better than Patton, was just a 17yo pick

Patton isnt doing alot for a big strong pick 1 full forward, will we get into him? or is it reserved for MFC players only?

Edited by Jordie_tackles

#3 Jimmy Toumpas (SA) - pace, skills, smarts ... great wing/ruck rover. Gets the footy. or Grundy

#4 Jake Stringer (Bendigo) - midfielder/fwd ... reminds me of a young PAV !! or Sam Mayes (SA)- class, class, class

#13 Dayle Gartlett (WA) - think a taller version of Cyril Rioli, Or Ben Kennedy

#25 Jack Viney father/son (Chargers) - hard as concrete. He will be a key to MFC future.

#45 Jason Pongrecic (Stingrays) - this kid loves it tough. He gets the footy, and tackles like he really enjoys it

Trade

1. Cale Morton to Eagles, in exchange for Koby Stevens Apparently WC dislike the Mortons, wont deal

2. Ricky Bobby Petterd to Sydney, in exchange for Jesse White Not sold on Jesse maybe he needs ne pastures though

#3 Psd - Darryle Pearce (Power) Daniel Pierce? seems like a down hill skier, is the pace we need though

Rookies (only 2 to add) - 1. Luke Blackwell,25 (WAFL Claremont gun onballer) 2.LukeTynan, 20 (Scorpions) good classy HBF, brother to Josh Has good wraps on him, seems to be doing a great job at CAsey

agreed - we do NOT want to miss Luke Tynan. He has improved in last 12 mths and we do not want to miss another "brother" (Dylan Grimes, Alwyn Davey)

A good honest goer but to me for his size looks a bit slow and skill level not solid enough for AFL. Pass

• Like 1

#3 Jimmy Toumpas (SA) - pace, skills, smarts ... great wing/ruck rover. Gets the footy.

Trade

Rookies (only 2 to add) - 1. Luke Blackwell,25 (WAFL Claremont gun onballer) 2.LukeTynan, 20 (Scorpions) good classy HBF, brother to Josh

What part of the U17 draft track is that?

Your rose coloured glasses when it comes to Melb players and lack thereof for opposition players doesn't serve you well.

Kennedy may have been a nobody to you, but not to everybody. There was a reason that Carlton were reluctant to let him go and West Coast wanted him. And West Coast were losing a bloke by the name of Judd, so they obviously had a pretty high regard for Kennedy's ability.

Jetta will make AA this year and has justified his selection as a first round draft pick.

And Darling is a terrific young player who is only in his second year and will get better and better.

Your rose coloured glasses when it comes to Melb players and lack thereof for opposition players doesn't serve you well.

Kennedy may have been a nobody to you, but not to everybody. There was a reason that Carlton were reluctant to let him go and West Coast wanted him. And West Coast were losing a bloke by the name of Judd, so they obviously had a pretty high regard for Kennedy's ability.

Jetta will make AA this year and has justified his selection as a first round draft pick.

And Darling is a terrific young player who is only in his second year and will get better and better.

I do look on the positive side mate, but all i said about Jetta was he has had half a great season so far, that cannot be argued its round 17 so maybe 2/3 of this season. if it continues he will have great chance at AA. last year people would not have been lamenting this decision, and it comes when Gys is injured.

Kennedy obviously had some talent, but had kicked 11 goals in 22 games for a KPP at Carlton, so he wasnt a sure thing or anything in the Judd trade, the only reason it is considered fair is because Kennedy came on far more than most expected.

I just dont buy the hype on Darling, he plays great games but it is made out like that is his norm, one day it may be , but just now he comes in and out of games

• 2 weeks later...

I think Jack Martin is definitely worth going after. He has pace, skill and class, something our midfield has been missing for a long time.

Pick 3 - Jimmy Toumpas - Classy, skillful midfielder

Pick 4 - Jack Martin - As above

Pick 13 - Jake Stringer (recent form since injury indicates he may slide) - Who wouldn't want a Matthew Pavlich type player?

- Ben Kennedy if Stringer is unavailable - SPEED!

Pick 25 - Jack Viney - Enough said

Others

Jamie Bennell & 3rd round pick to West Coast (may be looking for a more agile small forward/defender) for Koby Stevens

Late or rookie pick - Dean Galea (Port Melbourne) - Big bodied player that may be able to fill the hole at full forward if Mitch goes down again, a bit like what Pods has done for Geelong while Hawkins continues to develop, and best of all - he kicks bags!

Trade

LOL Darryle Pearce.

No go with Pearce, front runner, lazy and not willing to get his hands dirty.

Other than that this sounds pretty good... probably way too good knowing the mfc.