• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dees may trade early pick!!!

Dee1987

I watched the Suns game today, but haven't seen a lot of them this year. I must say that Caddy looked very good. You can't tell much on one viewing, but he kicks well, made good decisions, and is tough. Three goals from a mid is a good effort. He probably doesn't have one skill set that stands out, but he looked a very capable young mid.

Prestia looked really good too when he came on. Good pace and skills. I wonder why he was the sub ?

I watched the Suns game today, but haven't seen a lot of them this year. I must say that Caddy looked very good. You can't tell much on one viewing, but he kicks well, made good decisions, and is tough. Three goals from a mid is a good effort. He probably doesn't have one skill set that stands out, but he looked a very capable young mid.

Prestia looked really good too when he came on. Good pace and skills. I wonder why he was the sub ?

First game back after a month out for Prestia. I thought Caddy was impressive, too. Tough and skilled.

Yeah Prestia been injured I think which is why I haven't seen much of him this year.

Edit: oh and goal kicking mids are exactly what we need and he showed today he knows where the sticks are.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Pick 3 - Draft (If Grundy would slip to us that would brilliant) GWS most likely! Damn it.

Pick 4 & Player - for Pick 1 mini draft (Martin) Next Michael Long but will be better

Pick 13 & Player - for one of Dayne Beams, Josh Caddy

Pick 23ish - Jack Viney

Moneyball players I would like - David Ellard (CAR), Daniel Archer (STK), Koby Stevens (WC)

Late in the draft - Tim 'Ice Pick' Smith (Casey)

I'd go for Prestia quite happily. He has really good pace and gives us something we don't have - a line breaking nugget who is a penetrating kick.

For what it's worth, he was a Dees supporter and family are very strong Dees people.

It will be interesting to see which way we go at trade and draft time. We need to and have said, we will be aggressive. We will see.

Personally I would like to see us do a deal for both under 17's. We would get a brilliant goal kicking mid and a strong key forward. That would also ensure JV as a second rounder. I think pick 3 or 4 plus a player would get the deal done.

While many on here have lost the love for Beamer, he would have appeal to the 2 new teams as a hard bodied, experienced mid, who won a B & F in 2010.

He can still be traded with his consent.

“I’m rapt to have extended my contract with the SUNS,” Prestia said.

“Being part of the team from the beginning is something that I will never forget. I’m really enjoying the challenge here on the Gold Coast,” he added.

I think energy is better expended on players who want to move like Boak and Caddy.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

I think energy is better expended on players who want to move like Boak and Caddy.

I know it's silly to EXPECT a player to aim to head to the club he supported as a kid, but when presented with the option, I think a lot of players would take it, especially only 2 years into their career.

From what I've been hearing and reading about the suns, they're actually not the best club to be at as a young player.

Damn that's annoying - oh well would rather Caddy anyway if we can get him, either him or Boak. Not really too fussed with the other available midfielders, don't think we should be going after a Beams. I know I've said in the past that we shun the players with "bad boy" images like Darling for example but Beams seems like an A-grade scumbag off-field, not someone we need.

I know it's silly to EXPECT a player to aim to head to the club he supported as a kid, but when presented with the option, I think a lot of players would take it, especially only 2 years into their career.

From what I've been hearing and reading about the suns, they're actually not the best club to be at as a young player.

JH the above suggests the MFc is a spot young players would aspire to.

Not being smart but why would a young player with a choice be keen to join the Dees?

There are a lot of clubs offering a lot more and the chance to play finals in the next 5 years?

IMO only the offer of big bucks would get a GWS player to join the Dees otherwise he is replacing GCS with similar at the MFC.

Damn that's annoying - oh well would rather Caddy anyway if we can get him, either him or Boak. Not really too fussed with the other available midfielders, don't think we should be going after a Beams. I know I've said in the past that we shun the players with "bad boy" images like Darling for example but Beams seems like an A-grade scumbag off-field, not someone we need.

People keep saying that why?

In addition I don't really care if he is a good player get him.

He can still be traded with his consent.

Prestia & Gorringe contracted til the end of 2013, the same contract timeframe as Morton & Sylvia (2013)

If we can't fix Morton by then & or we still aren't happy with Col by then, it must be possible things could be arranged.

Articles on AFL.com.au about Caddy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140850/default.aspx

and Boak

http://ww.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140878/default.aspx

Sounds like at least Boak will be on the move and Caddy seems a more likely than not proposition at this stage but you never know.

If we're going to be keeping & playing some senior players thru the middle more regularly, (Col, Davey? Beamer? Jones) I would then like us to use the Early picks for Kids - Toumpas, + Stringer or Wines or Mayes with Picks 3 & 4,,, & look @, with our Mid1st Rnd Pick, at either Kennedy/Colcohoun/Vlastuin, or Alternatively look to a Caddy trade, (Mid1st Rnd Pick + Morton or Moloney) for (Caddy + GCS 2nd Rnd Pick)

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

The thing you have to remember is Caddy is a kid as well. It's only his second season so it's not like he's over the hill. The benefit you would get over drafting an under 18 kid is that he has already had two seasons in the system, is more physically developed and is a known quantity at AFL level. That's the reason I'd love to get him for our mid first round comp pick & something else if possible. Not sure I'd want to part with pick 4 for him (or Boak for that matter) but if we got something else back I could deal with that.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can trade the picks for midfielders, make sure they're experienced players. Why add another Trengove or Grimes when you could potentially trade for a star? I don't think trading for any of the above GC players is particularly desirable, at least not a priority. The club probably should have gotten Boak, we should hold the club accountable for losing Scully and constantly missing out on much-needed midfield help. Hopefully some players are holding off in hope of a sign and trade.

But anyway, Melbourne probably won't play a big role. As Neeld said, they'll acquire who they feel is needed. If they can't get who is needed, they won't make moves for the sake of making moves. That to me says not to expect anything big.

Edited by Cudi_420

If you can trade the picks for midfielders, make sure they're experienced players. Why add another Trengove or Grimes when you could potentially trade for a star? I don't think trading for any of the above GC players is particularly desirable, at least not a priority. The club probably should have gotten Boak, we should hold the club accountable for losing Scully and constantly missing out on much-needed midfield help. Hopefully some players are holding off in hope of a sign and trade.

But anyway, Melbourne probably won't play a big role. As Neeld said, they'll acquire who they feel is needed. If they can't get who is needed, they won't make moves for the sake of making moves. That to me says not to expect anything big.

What stars can we trade for? There are no feasible ones. We need to learn and develop these ourselves for any hope in the future.

I will have an absolute fit if we trade out our picks in a superdraft for more B grade mids who work hard.

Guest José Mourinho

JH the above suggests the MFc is a spot young players would aspire to.

Not being smart but why would a young player with a choice be keen to join the Dees?

There are a lot of clubs offering a lot more and the chance to play finals in the next 5 years?

IMO only the offer of big bucks would get a GWS player to join the Dees otherwise he is replacing GCS with similar at the MFC.

Don't worry - you weren't in danger of coming across smart with that post...

I think the whole basis of my post should give you the answer - they barracked for the club as a kid.

Other reasons off the top of my head?

- greater opportunity than some other clubs

- great facilities

- being located in Melbourne

- a lot of young talent being developed together

To imply that MFC has no chance of playing finals in the next 5 years is plain ignorant.

In fact, I'd say it's highly likely we will.

Don't worry - you weren't in danger of coming across smart with that post...

I think the whole basis of my post should give you the answer - they barracked for the club as a kid.

Other reasons off the top of my head?

- greater opportunity than some other clubs

- great facilities

- being located in Melbourne

- a lot of young talent being developed together

To imply that MFC has no chance of playing finals in the next 5 years is plain ignorant.

In fact, I'd say it's highly likely we will.

I have to agree with you jose.

MFC will play finals next year if we get things right in summer,one year is a long time in the football world.

Can someone tell me why some of you guys thinks the only way to get a star mid is through F/A because there is still the trade period.

MFC will not just look at F/A because alot of them will not fit our young list going forward players around 20 to 24 will be our targets.

We can still Throw big money and draft picks to clubs and players to get the right mid.

Guest José Mourinho

Do you know why that is?

Lack of funding, resources and facilities, lack of senior leadership and just senior players in general, a bunch of homesick kids losing big every week, low supporter base...

It's a real JOB for these kids.