Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dees may trade early pick!!!

Dee1987

This scenario is different because Trent West is a spud, whereas Clark looks and plays like Jesus with tats.

Another of your scenarios that sucked was suggesting we trade Trengove. Although you did have the foresight to raise the question of whether that would wreck the culture of the club, which I am willing to admit was very perceptive.

Just those 2? iv suggested dozens of scenarios and you highlight those 2?

In fact the Trengove one was just one of 4 scenarios i was using as examples in that specific post.

Now for the sake of discussion would you keep playing Trengove if we had Viney, Boak and a fit Gysberts in our team based on Trenners current form? I think he would be lucky to get a game and Moloney wouldn't get a game.

And this time last year Clark wasn't playing like Jesus. We managed to get his potential out of him.

Edited by olisik

Anyone know how the pre-season draft order works this year? Is it simply commensurate with where teams finish on the ladder, or do GWS get a priority over and above their (likely) second last placing?

For instance, if no deals with Boak get done during trade week and he nominates for the pre-season draft, would we be able to get him with pick 3 (assuming we finished third last on the ladder)?

I expect it'd be unlikely that we'd get Boak with pick 3 in that scenario - but we might be able to land an okay mature bodied player in the pre-season draft this year.

Guys, dont know if anyone knows if this is possible but an option for the club could be to ask Viney to sit out 2013, have a run in the VFL, then nominate for next years draft.

This draft is possibly the most important in the clubs future. Our list is very average. We will play finals in the next few years but this isnt premiership material. We need guns!

Viney sits out, give him a sweetner for his troubles, we then take pick 3 and 4 , trade for pick 12, and enter 2013 loaded up. then F/S Viney next year.

Is this a possibility? If so, MFC can play hard ball instead of getting screwed again.

Several posters appeal for us to be happy to take viney at 3 as 'hes worth it'. He could be but why settle for that. The club should fight to MAXIMISE its position not just be content cause hes worth it anyway. Fight to rape and pilage this top 5, not just take our fair share.

The 'nice guys finish last' saying isnt truer than in the world of AFL football.

• Like 1

Guys, dont know if anyone knows if this is possible but an option for the club could be to ask Viney to sit out 2013, have a run in the VFL, then nominate for next years draft.

This draft is possibly the most important in the clubs future. Our list is very average. We will play finals in the next few years but this isnt premiership material. We need guns!

Viney sits out, give him a sweetner for his troubles, we then take pick 3 and 4 , trade for pick 12, and enter 2013 loaded up. then F/S Viney next year.

Is this a possibility? If so, MFC can play hard ball instead of getting screwed again.

Several posters appeal for us to be happy to take viney at 3 as 'hes worth it'. He could be but why settle for that. The club should fight to MAXIMISE its position not just be content cause hes worth it anyway. Fight to rape and pilage this top 5, not just take our fair share.

The 'nice guys finish last' saying isnt truer than in the world of AFL football.

Pretty certain if Viney doesn't nominate in the year he is eligible he/we forfeit father/son drafting rights. So if he sits out and nominated for 2013 draft he would be in the pool with everyone else and we'd just have to hope he's available at our pick.

Anyone know how the pre-season draft order works this year? Is it simply commensurate with where teams finish on the ladder, or do GWS get a priority over and above their (likely) second last placing?

For instance, if no deals with Boak get done during trade week and he nominates for the pre-season draft, would we be able to get him with pick 3 (assuming we finished third last on the ladder)?

I expect it'd be unlikely that we'd get Boak with pick 3 in that scenario - but we might be able to land an okay mature bodied player in the pre-season draft this year.

I think we could but you would probably expect Geelong to get a deal done before it came to that. I couldn't imagine Port digging in and loosing out again like they did with Stevens.

Pretty certain if Viney doesn't nominate in the year he is eligible he/we forfeit father/son drafting rights. So if he sits out and nominated for 2013 draft he would be in the pool with everyone else and we'd just have to hope he's available at our pick.

Hmm, yes it did seem too easy. Thanks

The most likely outcome is that we have to take Viney at 3, and honestly if it happens I'll be very happy with that selection. He is arguably the best inside mid in the draft but his appetite for the contest stands out which makes him great value.

I'd prefer us to keep pick 4 and draft one of the other talented mids, happy for us to trade our mid round pick for an experienced player or part of a deal to get one of the mini draft picks though.

It will be very interesting to see what GWS and GCS do with regards to Viney. I believe that GCS really need a player like Viney, their inside mids aren't as strong as GWS who imo would be pretty desperate to get Grundy. I reckon our best chance of getting Viney with our second rounder would be for GCS to finish last and GWS 2nd last. Whitfield is the standout first pick (apparently ;) ) and it would be unlikely that they'd give him up for Viney and I couldn't imagine GWS going for a mid whilst Grundy was available, they really need a talented young ruck on their list.

I think it's possible that they won't bid on him but imo it's unlikely. If I was them I'd force Melbourne's hand.

*Assumptions - that all three clubs end in the same position as now and the AFL don't grant either club a 'before the first round PP' for poor performance.

This scenario is different because Trent West is a spud, whereas Clark looks and plays like Jesus with tats.

Another of your scenarios that sucked was suggesting we trade Trengove. Although you did have the foresight to raise the question of whether that would wreck the culture of the club, which I am willing to admit was very perceptive.

If only we had Peter Hudson at CHF.

(Note: This probably only makes sense to people aged 50 or more and who can remember the graffiti famously posted outside the church in Hawthorn.)

From what I have seen, J Viney would be a very welcomed edition to our team and is clearly a top 10 prospect in this draft.

Having said that, all top 10 picks in what is claimed to be a super draft are like Ferrari's. If you had the chance to purchase a new Ferrari for the price of a new Commodore, you would be crazy not to explore further as it represents far greater value.

People say he is small and slow, so in retrospect, how many of us would not trade the pick 4 used on Morton for Sam Mitchell?

I don't think Boak would nominate for the draft because he wants to get as close to his family as possible, not further away.

If the Suns or GWS got him, I don't think he'd be happy, unless he's really after big money.

Edited by dee-luded

Beams or Boak??? Burning question

We are no doubt going to have to give up something big for 1 of them.

I could handle giving up pick 4 for 1 of them. Pick 13 would be better but teams will more likely want our pick 4.

Wouldn't Mind Boak, Sewell, Viney and may be a Reimers or Shannon Byrnes in the off season!!!

October-November cant come quick enough

I don't think Boak would nominate for the draft because he wants to get as close to his family as possible, not further away.

If the Suns or GWS got him, I don't think he'd be happy, unless he's really after big money.

I think this stuff about getting close to family is just a smokescreen

fcs he has been living in big bad adelaide for 6 years now away from mummy and daddy

he's 24 next month, not a baby

Not sure on this, I reckon Kosi has more upside than Miller, not that I thought Brad was a bad player, quite to the contrary, and couldn't we use him now?!

Exactly Matthew Lloyd started this crap about wanting to go to Geelong just because his from that way. Boak would be happy to be in Victoria, if the MFC offer him a big contract im sure he would get excited about some big coin, more than what the cats could offer.

Clint Bartram is good mates with Boak.........

• Like 2

Exactly Matthew Lloyd started this crap about wanting to go to Geelong just because his from that way. Boak would be happy to be in Victoria, if the MFC offer him a big contract im sure he would get excited about some big coin, more than what the cats could offer.

Clint Bartram is good mates with Boak.........

It's only a 40min drive to Geelong.....1-2hrs on week nights.

I think this stuff about getting close to family is just a smokescreen

fcs he has been living in big bad adelaide for 6 years now away from mummy and daddy

he's 24 next month, not a baby

If I recall correctly, I believe his father passed away when Travis was a teenager. Perhaps it's not so much Travis needing the comfort but perhaps he feels a need to support his mother by being closer to her.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, I believe his father passed away when Travis was a teenager. Perhaps it's not so much Travis needing the comfort but perhaps he feels a need to support his mother by being closer to her.

I don't doubt there are family ties. I just don't believe the family bond is so strong he would have to live and sign up with geelong

It's a convenient excuse to get out of Port that is being played up to geelong's supposed benefit

bottom line is i think he wants out of port

any melbourne side would be attractive and a side benefit would be he would be closer to family

the right money and a decent trade pick wll be the deciders

we are in a good position on both counts (and the third one of family)

Agree with daisy cutter, before Dangerfield signed with the crows he was headed too Geelong and Menzel to crows according to Lloyd??????

Bartrams dad only passed 2 years ago.

Whoever offers the best coin and trade will be in the box seat for Boak. MFC have been obviously disccusing possible trade scenarios with port as stated in th Herald Sun.....

I highly doubt if Boak lives in Melbourne he will get homesick only being an hour away from Geelong

My perfect trade & draft week,

Pick 3 - Jake Stringer

Pick 4 & 2nd rounder from GC - Dayne Beams & Sharrod Wellingham

Pick 13 - Dayle Garlett

Pick 23ish - Jack Viney

Trade;

IN - Koby Stevens (WC), Daniel Archer (STK)

OUT - Morton, Bate, Bennell???, Petterd???, Spencer

Petterd, Bennell & Spencer too GC for 2nd round pick.

Morton & 3rd round pick for Koby Stevens

Bate too WB for 3rd round pick

3rd round pick for Archer (STK)

Free Agents;

IN - Dempster (STK)

OUT - Moloney

There is NO WAY that GC will take a grab-bag of NQR's for a 2nd-round pick, especially since they have to cull 4 players from their primary list BEFORE the three they are forced to by the draft rules.

Its school hols again ?

Guest José Mourinho

Trent West? REALLY?

Are people that sold on him?

That's like a kid at sovereign hill that sees a tiny bit gold glitter in the river bed.

All very excited about a glimpse of something that is really nothing.

Guest KingDingAling

Trent West isnt much chop.

We just re-signed Jamar - rightly or wrongly - and we have Mitch Clark killing it and Gawn/Fitz coming through.

Not to mention our best ruckman in Stef Martin!

We dont need West and he hasnt done enough anyway, Martin has panels on him and I mean panels.