Will Martin get his chance back or will they give Cook a go....

Hells Gates

Review of VFL had

Spencer - 29 hitouts...

Martin - well they didn't seem to mention he had any (presumably he had some). Od he's toted as secod ruck yet his hitouts are not mentioned.

Well it is settled now.

Cook did not even make the emergency list.

I was very confident he would not get a game this week.

Maybe a game in the last couple but he is not up to AFL level by some distance.

If you cannot beat Bennell and Spencer for a spot in the best 25 you are coming from a long way back.

Utter garbage mate - Cook had a virus early in the week, missed early training sessions. They were never going to pick him without a proper preparation.

Utter garbage mate - Cook had a virus early in the week, missed early training sessions. They were never going to pick him without a proper preparation.

That says it all,

Cold or not he would be at Casey anyway.

Excuses Excuses

Are you a natural hypocrite?

Hypocrite. Laughable. Maybe you should bury your head into some of your own waffle before insulting others.

Cheers for the photos of Cook, McQueen. He looks like he will be a monster and has the frame to fill out. Cheers.

You both could use a dictionary

Correct.

And for anyone to say he's coming from a long way back because Spencer and Bennell have been named ahead of him is not entirely right either. Cook does not have the same role as these two...

Correct.

And for anyone to say he's coming from a long way back because Spencer and Bennell have been named ahead of him is not entirely right either. Cook does not have the same role as these two...

H_T Cook is developing slowly at Casey.

He started the year slowly after a serious injury at the end of 2011

he has played a couple of two quarter games that have looked good the rest is average.

He is seriously under weight for the AFL.

Why feed him to the wolves because we have lost Clark.

And has come from a long way back and IMO opinion needs more time at Casey.

Martin's biggest problem is his contested marking, he just doesn't seem to able to read the play or the flight. If it does fall on his head by accident he can grab it. Look, he's got more to work with than Paul Johnson, that's the best I can say.

The player that replaces Clark has to take 2nd ruck. Did someone mention Jack Darling? I believe NikNat was the hanky you were reaching for in this instance.

Martins a beautiful reader of the flight of the ball. Maybe he struggles seeing a way through, or Into the packs?

I think he played as a point guard in his junior days of basketball. This is possibly still clouding his mind.

He likes to play the small tall role, but has yet to come to grips with playing the robust roles, crashing packs etc...

He just needs to stop thinking so much, & start reacting & crashing packs.... let it flow from there.

If he gives away a few frees @ Casey, so what. He'll smooth it out, after he frees himself up a bit.

I might give up,

can add Martin to the Morton, Bate, Bartram list,

if he kicks 10 at the weekend the focus will be on how many he missed.....

"time and time again" has to be completely overblown for a player who has played 52 games for the first couple of years in defence, then the ruck and the occasional forward foray.........

I think you'll fine I'm an ardent supporter of Morton's and I don't think I've said anything unnecessarily negative about Bate or Bartram.

I was just pointing out that, in my opinion, a particular player isn't a very good shot for goal, which isn't all that useful if we are going to pick him as a key forward. I don't think that warrants being put in the same bucket as those who rag on all the forum's favourite whipping boys for no reason.

How do you no he would be at casey if he didnt have a cold? Do you have intel at the club?

I have no idea jonesbag if he had a cold or not.

It was a discussion with "goodoil" who said he was not considered for the Lions game because he had a virus early in the week.

I was making a smart remark as I don't think he was ever going to play in the lions game.

I also notice he is listed for Casey on the weekend.

Does that explain it?

Edited by old dee

I have no idea jonesbag if he had a cold or not.

It was a discussion with "goodoil" who said he was not considered for the Lions game because he had a virus early in the week.

I was making a smart remark as I don't think he was ever going to play in the lions game.

I also notice he is listed for Casey on the weekend.

Does that explain it?

It does explain it but in an extremely condescending tone.

When you said 'he would be at casey anyway' I actually thought you might have some form of inside knowlegde.

Now I realise your just being a twit

Yes I would agree I am a fan of Martin, last year he played a lot in the ruck when Jamar was injured, and you acknowledge he improved last year, so therefore he must have played 'tall' , I don't follow your logic

What chronic kicking issues? He is a ruckman/fwd Jamar has kicked 45 goals in 122 games so 1 in every 3, Martin has kicked 17 in 52 so 1 in every 3

If you watch the broadcast on the ABC and the commentators/opinion makers say he has an issue with this goalkicking, that is not necessarily correct, it is their opinion

If I was Neeld and he plays Martin my instruction to him would be to use his size and athleticism and crash a few packs, I doubt he will be the Nr 1 target up front anyway except for the 'get out of jail' long bomb, think it will be our new gun fwd Rivers

Lets face it most rucks are average kicks relative to other players

Review of VFL had

Spencer - 29 hitouts...

Martin - well they didn't seem to mention he had any (presumably he had some). Od he's toted as secod ruck yet his hitouts are not mentioned.

This topic is Martin vs Cook - I dont see Cook listed in the announced team or extended bench - Martin might still not play but we can be sure that Cook wont. So those arguing for Martin have more endorsement from the team selectors than those for Cook it would seem.

• Like 1

When you said 'he would be at casey anyway' I actually thought you might have some form of inside knowlegde.

Sorry if you thought my answer was condesending

I was just trying to explain the situation.

I seriously doubt there are more than 1 or two people on Demonland that have inside contacts Jonesbag

We all make comments based on what we see, feel and to a large extent guess.

Quite often makes us wrong but the site is about discussion and our opinions.

I enjoy it as i think you do.

Have a good weekend

Go Dees

It was pretty obvious he was just giving his opinion. If you thought he might have some inside info then that makes you the twit

storm in a teacup

• Like 2