101 vs Sydney worse than 186 vs Cats?

Retrospective

This raises the question. How long is a moment or what kind of moment should we be discussing?

[edit]

I expect we are talking about something similar to one of these

• First moment of area, a property of an object related to its resistance to sheer stress and depression
  • Second moment of area, a property of an object related to its resistance to bending and defection to another weekend activity

The saddest thing about yesterdays 101 was that the Swannettes did not get out of 2nd Gear.

This club has deep problems on & off the field that are still bleeding. The sooner it comes clean to its shareholders the better. I will not be donating anymore $$$ until i get some solid answers.

The saddest thing about yesterdays 101 was that the Swannettes did not get out of 2nd Gear.

This club has deep problems on & off the field that are still bleeding. The sooner it comes clean to its shareholders the better. I will not be donating anymore $$$ until i get some solid answers.

WYL, you're as passionate and articulate as anyone of this forum - you CAN see what's unfolding.

The problem is that solid answers will become evident with a win. The salient point might be that this win will be achieved without the minority who are passengers and wannabe footy players.

In my workplace in 2008-9, several Carlton supporters were maligning the direction of the club and their draftees 'hadn't come on'. Don't think they'd be having the same conversation now....

Oh, for FWIW, Geelong didn't get out of 1st gear!! We were witches hats that day :)

WYL, you're as passionate and articulate as anyone of this forum - you CAN see what's unfolding.

The problem is that solid answers will become evident with a win. The salient point might be that this win will be achieved without the minority who are passengers and wannabe footy players.

In my workplace in 2008-9, several Carlton supporters were maligning the direction of the club and their draftees 'hadn't come on'. Don't think they'd be having the same conversation now....

The problems are deep and complicated i know that. I just get the feeling that the club hoped they would just go away. They haven't.

If the players are still sooking because Junior was retired, then they too should be shown the door.

I have worked through many restructures that i disagreed with. But i am paid to assist in making TV shows. That is my job.

The players are ruining their own careers here....WHY?

• Like 1

The problems are deep and complicated i know that. I just get the feeling that the club hoped they would just go away. They haven't.

If the players are still sooking because Junior was retired, then they too should be shown the door.

I have worked through many restructures that i disagreed with. But i am paid to assist in making TV shows. That is my job.

The players are ruining their own careers here....WHY?

You and I have been supporting each other in relation to Scully leaving.

Now, since then I've heard from a mate (who's a journo) that Scully couldn't believe the culture he had been drafted into. Carefree, intensity free, egotistical and undisciplined.

I'll take his words with a grain of salt, but if all the coaches tell us that our players aren't fit enough, we need to listen.

This morning on the Sunday Footy Show it was revealed that Essendon's playing group, hit the bay to work on their recovery at midnight. Further, they presented for individual rehab sessions 8.00am this morning. I wonder what our players did?

Guest Jackie

Now, since then I've heard from a mate (who's a journo) that Scully couldn't believe the culture he had been drafted into. Carefree, intensity free, egotistical and undisciplined.

I'll take his words with a grain of salt, but if all the coaches tell us that our players aren't fit enough, we need to listen.

This morning on the Sunday Footy Show it was revealed that Essendon's playing group, hit the bay to work on their recovery at midnight. Further, they presented for individual rehab sessions 8.00am this morning. I wonder what our players did?

Star City?

• Like 1

Essendon went for a midnight swim last night did they? Right.

Our list should swim to Tasmania and back before training.

It is a shame $cully did not stick around to help repair our attitude.

Although his lying attitude was not a great example.

Why is this club so lax on itself. WE HAVE ACHIEVED NOTHING SINCE 1964.

Both games are as bad as each other and a sad reflection on the deep-seeded incompetence of the club.

Difference is, I still gave a crap when we lost by 186. Now it all rolls into a big pile of "meh".

Never trust a man that doesnt drink. But I think $culls has been proven right.

This loss is much worse imo.

Last year's shellacking occurred against the background of a club divided, political intrigue and players seemingly [censored] off after being canvassed for their views, but then having those views held against them.

This year, after clearing out most of the football department, the club was supposedly united behind the new coaching regime. Regardless of who is at fault, there would appear to be a disconnect between most of the players and the coach and his gameplan. The players appear to lack all self belief and confidence. I fear that worse is yet to come.

Last year's shellacking occurred against the background of a club divided, political intrigue and players seemingly [censored] off after being canvassed for their views, but then having those views held against them.

This year, after clearing out most of the football department, the club was supposedly united behind the new coaching regime. Regardless of who is at fault, there would appear to be a disconnect between most of the players and the coach and his gameplan. The players appear to lack all self belief and confidence. I fear that worse is yet to come.

Can it get worse? Might stay the same but get worse...only folding would be worse than the present.

I think the similarities are clear. The team seemed especially uninterested last night. This has got nothing to do with gameplan, skills. The commentary team said it best: on paper this team seems to have the goods, but they're just not getting it done.

I don't see why a team with players like Jones, Clark, Moloney, Davey, Frawley, Watts, can be so bad. We might baulk at those players, but they're only seen in a bad light because they play for a bad team. They are all good players, and all (except for maybe Moloney) would have a place in a top side, including Davey.

This is a club issue. If the players can't execute, there has to be a reason. Commentary in the past suggesting the players got away with too much under Bailey says a lot, and it seems now that this is a subconcious, perhaps unintentional protest from a team that doesn't know how to adapt, because it's been let off the hook too often.

I think the similarities are clear. The team seemed especially uninterested last night. This has got nothing to do with gameplan, skills. The commentary team said it best: on paper this team seems to have the goods, but they're just not getting it done.

I don't see why a team with players like Jones, Clark, Moloney, Davey, Frawley, Watts, can be so bad. We might baulk at those players, but they're only seen in a bad light because they play for a bad team. They are all good players, and all (except for maybe Moloney) would have a place in a top side, including Davey.

This is a club issue. If the players can't execute, there has to be a reason. Commentary in the past suggesting the players got away with too much under Bailey says a lot, and it seems now that this is a subconcious, perhaps unintentional protest from a team that doesn't know how to adapt, because it's been let off the hook too often.

Davey had 3 kicks and 4 handballs yesterday...

Then this is a board problem. It should not be tolerated, same as any workplace.
  • Like 1

Its pretty clear to me. Last year happened off the back of listless senior players and no leadership. Yesterday happened off the back of listless senior players and no leadership. Yesterday for me affirmed the correctness in Neeld removing Moloney, Green and Davey from the leadership group and dramatically instilling kids that are granted not ready but will grow into the position. Yesterday was a perfect day for the three of them and Sylvia to lead by their actions but they were pitiful as always.

The only way to fix this is to cut the cancer out and send Moloney, Sylvia, Davey and Green to Casey and play less talented players who will give their all and play their role.

The quicker this is done the better.

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

There are still a few bad eggs on the playing list that we need to weed out, but that will be done.

It's folly to think we would instantly turn it around without some early pain.

There are still a few bad eggs on the playing list that we need to weed out, but that will be done.

It's folly to think we would instantly turn it around without some early pain.

Jose,

I had no anticipation of an instant turn around. Pregame I posted that I hoped for some improved football but expected a solid loss. I thought I was setting my expectations at about the right level...

What I did not expect and cannot accept is to be flogged by 100 points by the Swans (without Goodes) to take us to 0-8. And for the game to be over at qtr time with us 40 points down.

I think it goes far beyond a few bad eggs on the playing list

• Like 1

This raises the question. How long is a moment or what kind of moment should we be discussing?

[edit]

Moment of inertia, with emphasis on inertia (and a different overall definition) would seem pretty appropriate ATM.

The lack of self belief and confidence surely comes from being told that the way they've been playing isn't working - or even from being there on that fateful 186 day? Change, especially change at a fundamental level, takes time. According to what Misson is saying (and others it seems), the players don't even know how to train properly, they've had such an easy ride.

Agree that it's really serious though, and that indeed, perhaps the worse is yet to come.

After 186 we were 1 game out of the eight!

After 186 we'd just suffered one of the most humiliating losses in the history of the AFL.

And we were never a hope in hell of getting into the eight. Port, Brisbane, Richmond, North ... they all beat us. Us a finals team? Stop kidding yourself, we were utterly hopeless whenever it counted.

• Like 1

After 186 we'd just suffered one of the most humiliating losses in the history of the AFL.

And we were never a hope in hell of getting into the eight. Port, Brisbane, Richmond, North ... they all beat us. Us a finals team? Stop kidding yourself, we were utterly hopeless whenever it counted.

I think you miss my point.....I'm not kidding myself, and not suggesting for a minute we were a finals team .....we were poor last year. (But we did win against the Bears btw)

This year we are worse.

And whilst Port, RFC and North beat us, we had a draw vs Sydney, and wins against BNE, ADL, ESS, FRE and we split matches with RFC and Port (1w 1L each) and won both against GCS. and played some footy that was OK to watch (but without the defensive accountability to be a finals threat).

This year our attacking flair is gone, we are still rubbish in defense, may well not win a game for the year and are the worst side in the comp to watch.

I think 101 vs Swans is a lower point than 186

Guest Jackie

Moment of inertia, with emphasis on inertia (and a different overall definition) would seem pretty appropriate ATM.

And next we need a seismic moment.

This one seems worse because it is so fresh, so very fresh, in the memory.

They are both expressions of a malaise that we are in the midst of - although having a team score 233 points sure does take some getting over...