Leave this club Colin Sylvia

Ryan Dee

we have more players than just sylvia. Sure, seeing Sylvia joking around wasn't what you wanted to see but at least we know he can play footy when he is on. At season's end I'd like to see the following players OFF the list: Bail, Bate, Bartram, Morton, Watts, Bennell, Davey, McDonald, Macdonald, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Green and Jetta. Thats 13 players. Mcdonald may surprise a few but his kicking is pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I understand your not the happiest dee supporter atm, but this comment is ridiculous.

Half of these guys havnt had a real chance. Bail is a fantastic athlete, get some confidence around this mood field, it will com good.

Barty has been good, i personally can't fault his efforts.

Wattsy just played his best game yet, and was one of few who did well? drop him too you reckon?

Tommy Mac is a gun, but no your right, we should give him away too huh.

Davis has played the pre season, and what? one afl game? in which he wasn't bad.

And Fitzy? man, at least he plays with heart and energy, give these kids a go.

The issue lies with a lack of contributing seniors.

Melb should never have made junior mac leave, we would have achieved more had he stayed.

Goddard, Deledio & others play loose man in defence / playmaker roles all the time.

FFS we were shizen on Saturday, but Watts played the role he was asked and played it well in a defense that was under siege all night.

Clearly one of our best, if not the best, and along with Blease about the only positive we could take out of the whole sorry mess. Get off his back.

• Like 8

But didn't Jack Watts only lay ONE tackle, AGAIN!!!

Thats what the stats say, but he was at the bottom of a number of packs that i saw when the opportunity arose. i dont think he avoids putting his body on the line when its his turn, just my opinion.

• Like 1

I understand your not the happiest dee supporter atm, but this comment is ridiculous.

Half of these guys havnt had a real chance. Bail is a fantastic athlete, get some confidence around this mood field, it will com good.

Barty has been good, i personally can't fault his efforts.

Wattsy just played his best game yet, and was one of few who did well? drop him too you reckon?

Tommy Mac is a gun, but no your right, we should give him away too huh.

Davis has played the pre season, and what? one afl game? in which he wasn't bad.

And Fitzy? man, at least he plays with heart and energy, give these kids a go.

The issue lies with a lack of contributing seniors.

Melb should never have made junior mac leave, we would have achieved more had he stayed.

Why did Watts play well, he was the loose man in defence. Stats don't tell everything.

Mcdonald has been praised by commentators etc. because he works hard and has a good aerobic capacity. He has also butchered the ball all over the place resulting in about 6 goals from direct turnovers. For once, this was pointed out by one of the commentators as a flaw to his game.

Fitzpatrick tries hard but his skills are terrible.

Davis is slow and has terrible skills. Has heart but thats not enough.

Watts is the opposite, Great skills, no heart.

Bail runs well and tackles well but his skills are terrible and can barely kick 50metres.

I don't think you would find many melbourne supporters that would care too much if we got rid of the whole list and started from scratch.

it's the truth and it hurts. Wish we picked up Naitanui like I always said.

Blease was good though. We can keep him.

Edited by Freak

For mine, the club should forget about making Jack Watts a centre half forward. His best games have all been in defence. Leave him there and he might yet develop into an All Australian Centre Half Back.

Not a bad idea in some respects, at least in the short term. He got some huge number of intercepts apparently, in large part due to how well he reads the play. Given his teammates couldn't hit a barn door and have long seemed to ignore his leads anyway playing of the half back line will increase the number of possessions he gets and take him to the contest (also increase his physicality).

Wish i could say i'm surprised some posters still have found a way to knock his performance, but unfortunately i'm not. It seems his card is marked for some.

But there is no doubt he was our best player and i for one put a lot of stock in player who perform when we are getting toweled up. I was always amazed that Robbie Flower seemed to play better the more we were getting beat, shows a strength of character in my book. It is the trait of a leader. Compare his effort, body language and performance to his senior colleagues. I mean please

How exactly are the young blokes supposed to be up to it when their role models sulk and run ont he spot because they were promised the captaincy in 2010 and then a new coach came and gave it to someone else - one being a kid.

I think from memory Watts 12 contested possessions.... Sylvia had 6 possessions total! And don't forget Ben Reid was drafted originally as a forward, but not from pick 1 like Watts

• Like 3

Not a bad idea in some respects, at least in the short term. He got some huge number of intercepts apparently, in large part due to how well he reads the play. Given his teammates couldn't hit a barn door and have long seemed to ignore his leads anyway playing of the half back line will increase the number of possessions he gets and take him to the contest (also increase his physicality).

Wish i could say i'm surprised some posters still have found a way to knock his performance, but unfortunately i'm not. It seems his card is marked for some.

But there is no doubt he was our best player and i for one put a lot of stock in player who perform when we are getting toweled up. I was always amazed that Robbie Flower seemed to play better the more we were getting beat, shows a strength of character in my book. It is the trait of a leader. Compare his effort, body language and performance to his senior colleagues. I mean please

Exactly, if all the players played as bad as Jack did we probably wold have won.

It's easy to knock Jack because there are a lot of supporters from other clubs to back you up and that get fooled by the high leaping dreadlocks of Nik Nat, watch him closely see how he hovers around packs and doesn't know where or how to position himself.

• Like 2

Exactly, if all the players played as bad as Jack did we probably wold have won.

It's easy to knock Jack because there are a lot of supporters from other clubs to back you up and that get fooled by the high leaping dreadlocks of Nik Nat, watch him closely see how he hovers around packs and doesn't know where or how to position himself.

Good post, Nik Nat brings intensity to contests and is a very very good tap ruckman, but has no game sense. He is lucky to have the midfield around him that he does. Jack will be a good afl player he may never be great but IMO Neeld sees a lot in him which is why he is riding him so hard.

Now I'm guilty like a lot here but I thought this was a Sylvia thread nw I'm talking about Watts

Davis is slow and has terrible skills. Has heart but thats not enough.

How about waiting until a player has played a senior game or two before he is delisted? Davis has looked fairly convincing in the seconds in my opinion.

Blease was good though. We can keep him.

Oh thank god for that then!

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Are you serious? In his first 5 years Godard never went near another player let alone a pack; he built himself up over a break between seasons and hasn't looked back since then. Soft, he sure was.

I agree with DD, Watts will play a role like Goddard in a year or two and will be invaluable for the team.

Careful, I said this a couple of days ago, and you wouldn't want to be seen to agree with me.

Just another instance of me being ahead of the curve.

Welcome to the party guys.

Unfortunately the sausage rolls and party pies have gone cold and I drank all the punch.

Good news is that you've realised we are better off without Sylvia and Moloney.

Hurrah!

Good post. I can't work out why some on here are determined to undermine Watts at every opportunity Are they still fretting over Natanui?? Regardless, he was a beacon on Saturday and we should take heart that he's still able to deliver while most of those around him struggle. I also fail to understand why he was only credited with one tackle, I saw three at least - and that wasn't his designated role. Sylvia has been described as a 'dumb footballer' and he's done little to disprove this comment. Let's hope he starts listening to those who know better and begins to deliver on his much-hyped potential. He's begun to maker Trapper look like Chris Judd.

• Like 2

Goddard, Deledio & others play loose man in defence / playmaker roles all the time.

FFS we were shizen on Saturday, but Watts played the role he was asked and played it well in a defense that was under siege all night.

Clearly one of our best, if not the best, and along with Blease about the only positive we could take out of the whole sorry mess. Get off his back.

Spot on re: Watts!

He and Blease were all we had that put in all game.

Watts looked comfortable, and showed some great skill.................would like to see him shut a player down, and still use his skill coming from the backline, that's when he will be seriously damaging.

If nothing else, touching the footy that much would do wonders for his confidence!

I thought this thread was about Sylvia!

For some time now I have been saying he gets more like Trapper every week.

However this year he has been truely horrible and to be honest I think I am now giving Trapper a worse rap than he deserves by comparing him with Sylvia.

Trapper had good days and bad days but I never had the feeling he was intentional not trying.

That is now the feeling I get from Sylvia.

Last year I said on a couple of occasions we should consider trading him

Unfortunately by the time this season ends he will not be worth anything at the trade table.

At Casey for mine for as long as it takes and if he does not respond he can spend the next 2 years there for mine.

Spot on re: Watts!

He and Blease were all we had that put in all game.

Watts looked comfortable, and showed some great skill.................would like to see him shut a player down, and still use his skill coming from the backline, that's when he will be seriously damaging.

If nothing else, touching the footy that much would do wonders for his confidence!

I have been a non believer but he showed a little on Saturday.

He at least looked like he was having a go for the whole game which is a lot more than can be said for 10 others.

But again this is a tread on Sylvia

Watts was very good on the night, being at the game you could see him reading the play really well.

Frankly i dont know why he wasn't put on the ball given how well he played.

Agree Old Dee, I've defended Sylvia previously, but he has lost me now.

He just takes way too many short cuts when he plays, and the penny still hasn't dropped..........happy to play on his terms, or not at all.

Careful, I said this a couple of days ago, and you wouldn't want to be seen to agree with me.

Just another instance of me being ahead of the curve.

Welcome to the party guys.

Unfortunately the sausage rolls and party pies have gone cold and I drank all the punch.

Good news is that you've realised we are better off without Sylvia and Moloney.

Hurrah!

I'd hate to think what type of curve you're ahead of.

As for the party you'd be used to solo parties, wouldn't you joe?

• Like 2

I thought this thread was about Sylvia!

For some time now I have been saying he gets more like Trapper every week.

However this year he has been truely horrible and to be honest I think I am now giving Trapper a worse rap than he deserves by comparing him with Sylvia.

Trapper had good days and bad days but I never had the feeling he was intentional not trying.

That is now the feeling I get from Sylvia.

Last year I said on a couple of occasions we should consider trading him

Unfortunately by the time this season ends he will not be worth anything at the trade table.

At Casey for mine for as long as it takes and if he does not respond he can spend the next 2 years there for mine.

You're right about Trapper. It was never as if he didn't care, it was as if he sometimes just couldn't work out how to get in the game. Having been given a good opportunity to demonstrate at this level that he could rise to the occasion at a time when his talent was solely missed, he hasn't. Down to Casey to acquire some hunger or to wait for a delisting. On his day, Trapper made me feel grateful for being a Dees supporter because it gave me he opportunity to witness his sublime skills. Col normally just makes me feel a little bit used and abused.

If Colin's ability matched is apparent arrogance, he would be an absolute superstar. The worst thing that ever happen to Colin was being a top 5 pick and ever since IMO has been resting on his laurels and thinking the rest would happen. It's not that easy and now that his best football years are behind him, not in front him, time to go to greener pastures . He'll most likely will burn us because he always seemed to show glimpses of his undoubted potential against the lesser light teams but never against the top class teams. The perceived poor attitude is the last thing that needs to be around the MFC at present or at anytime.