MFC - Where are we honestly at

Hells Gates

We are bottom 4 at the moment! I can only see GC, GWS and Brisbane possibly below us. Richmond & Port are just so much more urgent and hungry. We dont have the hunger.

Richmond & Adelaide I am most impressed with there pre-season. But it is only the pre-season!

Lets see 10 rounds in.

We definitely need our medicore players to break out! If only we had Dustin Martin. He just gets it done and his teamates follow.

Medicore players do not break out, that is why they are medicore

What if it is 0 and 11 at the half way mark?

I have looked at the fixture a number of times and the only side I would say that we have a chance with is Brisbane and even that game worries me now.

Somewhat misguided figures re the Melbourne members voting their own club out of existence.History will show these figures as correct however what is not factored in to these figures was the large amount of Melbourne members locked out of the vote and the "fix" that was in on the proxy votes.

Take these factors into account and there is no way the majority of members voted for a merger(or their club out of existence).

This was 'Attempted Merger' by stealth and very dispicable!!!

The numbers are on the board the rest is conjecture!

Somewhat misguided figures re the Melbourne members voting their own club out of existence.History will show these figures as correct however what is not factored in to these figures was the large amount of Melbourne members locked out of the vote and the "fix" that was in on the proxy votes.

Take these factors into account and there is no way the majority of members voted for a merger(or their club out of existence).

This was 'Attempted Merger' by stealth and very dispicable!!!

just curious

1-how many legit voters were locked out

2-what percentage of these would have voted no versus yes

Guest Dr Who

i share your preseason depression

maybe if we start at a low enough level we are inured to further disappointment and any positives will be pleasant surprises

but maybe i'm just kidding myself..................

as usual i will turn up to all melb games and be there at the final siren but i can't raise much enthusiasm at the moment

i haven't felt this way the last 4 years even knowing we were rebuilding and wouldn't win many games

I got my satisfaction watching the development of players. Unfortunately too many are treading water, going backwards or "need another 3-4 years, be patient".

the first half of the season this year is tough so i don't expect to be in any better mood come mid season

I'm just back from the opposition forums like you suggested me to visit. I put your arguments and explained your feelings and sentiments.

Their comments where - "The snow is not far away. Off you go just like ever other Demons fan and enjoy your holiday it will do you a world of good"

Their talking premierships at Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast

Their talking about the 8 at Carlton, Essendon, Adelaide & dare I say it Tigerland

But their is not much hype at the Roos, the Saints & the Bulldogs.

Here at Demonland the enthusiastic conversation regarding players, coaches, footy departments is riveting. But at heart even I'm still a Demon.

The only way this club will survive will be a two - tiered system like every other league around the world.

People are talking premierships in 2016? Spare me.....

How could we survive in the B League. That is just slow death really.

I'm just back from the opposition forums like you suggested me to visit. I put your arguments and explained your feelings and sentiments.

Their comments where - "The snow is not far away. Off you go just like ever other Demons fan and enjoy your holiday it will do you a world of good"

Their talking about the 8 at Carlton, Essendon, Adelaide & dare I say it Tigerland

Here at Demonland the enthusiastic conversation regarding players, coaches, footy departments is riveting. But at heart even I'm still a Demon.

so you took a quick snapshot at some other sites on the current status

means nothing. go to their sites after a loss or a player has a bad day,

you are deluding yourself if you think they are substantially different

if you went to demonland prior to last years season you would have heard plenty of posters talking of making the eight in 2011 and arguing over when the premiership window was opening

Its all relevant to timing, not taking an instant snapshot

but you will believe what you want to

Melbman its the lack of money being invested into our football department that is the root of the blame. Where should the money come from? The coach and players are important if they are allowed to compete on a level playing field. Is the MFC on a level playing field with all other AFL clubs? I dont expect you to answer that by the way.

Oh thats right thats the players fault! Oh thats right its the coaches fault. Oh thats right its the drafting team fault! But wait a minute coaches come & go, players come and go , footy department personnel come and go. Boards come and go.

Do we have one constant at the MFC? Again I dont expect you to answer that either. Just think about it. Is it possible we as "fans" are responsible for our own destiny? Are we responsible for our own "culture"?

Just a thought.

How much did North spend on their football department when they won their last two flags?

How did that compare to Melbourne's in the same year? How good were the facilities at Arden Street prior to the upgrade?

I agree with you and Melbman it's not the players it's us, we've let the side down and should be ashamed of ourselves how can the players perform when no one turns up to watch them play? Maybe they should ask North, they seem to be able to.

BTW would you like a glass of pompous to go with your posts?

At least we'll get to see the Dees vs GWS and we can boo together @ youknowwho whilst having a cold one :)

Hollow victories mean sod all. We all know that. We either grow or we die. Simple. Edited by why you little

Guest Dr Who

How much did North spend on their football department when they won their last two flags?

How did that compare to Melbourne's in the same year? How good were the facilities at Arden Street prior to the upgrade?

I agree with you and Melbman it's not the players it's us, we've let the side down and should be ashamed of ourselves how can the players perform when no one turns up to watch them play? Maybe they should ask North, they seem to be able to.

Massive fail. These comments are so laughable I'm not even going to bother.

Funny, I just heard a Carlton caller on radio wanting to sack Ratten after todays NAB loss and watch them turn on Buckley if things don't go well at Eddie land. Supporters come in many shapes and sizes and every club has their fair share and mix.

• Like 1

Funny, I just heard a Carlton caller on radio wanting to sack Ratten after todays NAB loss and watch them turn on Buckley if things don't go well at Eddie land. Supporters come in many shapes and sizes and every club has their fair share and mix.

Carlscum lost did they?? That just made my weekend!!
  • Like 1

Massive fail. These comments are so laughable I'm not even going to bother.

In other words you don't have a clue; I thought so.

Thanks for the entertainment.

PS I hope if I have to go to a doctor you're not the one I see.

Guest Dr Who

In other words you don't have a clue; I thought so.

Thanks for the entertainment.

PS I hope if I have to go to a doctor you're not the one I see.

Nope I just cant be bother wasting me time talking to an obvious set of cloth ears. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

Nope I just cant be bother wasting me time talking to an obvious set of cloth ears. Thanks for the laugh.

Have you been on the turps, or the weed?

I can't be bother - me time?

I thought Doctors were supposed to be smart; I guess not all of them are.

BTW if you don't have an answer don't bother me again, I don't like dealing with pompous asses.

Edited by RobbieF

Guest Dr Who

BTW if you don't have an answer don't bother me again, I don't like dealing with pompous asses.

Just hitting your IQ level. Bye for now!!!!

just curious

1-how many legit voters were locked out

2-what percentage of these would have voted no versus yes

Quite a considerable amount. For exact numbers I would have to dig back and research although there may be other Demonlanders that may be able to come back with figures.

It was expected that the majority making the effort turning up to vote were largely going to vote against the merger. A large percentage of the pro merger were from highly dubious proxy votes.

It is my understanding that even if the Hawthorn members had voted in favour of a merger that Joseph Gutnick had legal action ready to go the next day that would like have shot it down given the unfair and unscrutinised way the vote was organised in the first place.

Thankfully the merger never took place but as you can tell some bitterness still remains.

Quite a considerable amount. For exact numbers I would have to dig back and research although there may be other Demonlanders that may be able to come back with figures.

It was expected that the majority making the effort turning up to vote were largely going to vote against the merger. A large percentage of the pro merger were from highly dubious proxy votes.

It is my understanding that even if the Hawthorn members had voted in favour of a merger that Joseph Gutnick had legal action ready to go the next day that would like have shot it down given the unfair and unscrutinised way the vote was organised in the first place.

Thankfully the merger never took place but as you can tell some bitterness still remains.

like rpfc i had family on both sides of the fence......................a very troubling time, but surely there is little point now in rummaging through the ashes

• Like 1

like rpfc i had family on both sides of the fence......................a very troubling time, but surely there is little point now in rummaging through the ashes

Yes, little point.

The only point is to hold a worthless grudge to act as a blame-all reason for whatever a person at the time doesn't like, or understand, about the club.

We all love the MFC.

One side wanted to keep fighting and make it on our own, the other side plotted a Machiavellian scheme to destroy another club for our short term benefit and long term survival.

All MFC supporters.

All ancient history.

Edited by rpfc

I had lost as much optimism as the next demonlander until I watched leigh browns post match interview. It looked like he couldn't care less about the result, rather just a good hit out before the REAL thing.

In short, the weekend was / is not a reflection of "where we're really at".