Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Wow close game V OMR Bolton going down might have cost me, lost the kicks x 1 Hbs x a handful.

Not complaints from me though, what is meant to be is meant to be. Well done, good win and snuck into the 8 if I got it right.

Good luck to all in the finals, and to the others well played all year.

PS : I removed my guess on the final 8.

Edited by Deevoted

It's Official Team OMR has timed the run to perfection & landed in the 8.

Deevoted I hope you enjoyed this weekend's close game because we get to do it all again next week.

Its was a very close game this weekend -As mentioned I just got over the line in Kicks & H. Balls

You just got over the line in Hit Outs x 3 * Accuracy x .008

Wipe the slate clean & I will see you on the bigger dance floor next week.

Good luck to all other finalist's & well played to the entire comp on a great home & Away season.

Let the carnage I promised begin!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Results went in mu favor, and i scraped into the 8, Now let's hope that Franklin and Stanley and crameri are all able to return this week and mad Melbourne will be in a competitive state for finals, if I get through this week I get Judd back and then I can hopefully give it a shake! Just hope I can sneak one or two forwards back this week and make myself competitive against snomed, who I have not versed this year yet!

OMR you freakshow I reckon you've scraped into the 8.

Win over HT was good for team morale and looks to have elevated the Rovers out of the bottom two and into the consolation finals.

Unfortunately, I'm out. Ka-put. And to be out of consolation finals after dropping a few rungs in one hit is a kick in the guts. Well done on the win. Btw, your take on the Cloke situation is interesting, but don't think you're going to convince and make WYL smell the coffee beans anytime in the next decade.

In fact, I don't think anyone will on any issue. The blinkers are welded on.

Unfortunately, I'm out. Ka-put. And to be out of consolation finals after dropping a few rungs in one hit is a kick in the guts. Well done on the win. Btw, your take on the Cloke situation is interesting, but don't think you're going to convince and make WYL smell the coffee beans anytime in the next decade.

In fact, I don't think anyone will on any issue. The blinkers are welded on.

Does that secure you second pick in the draft for next year?

Yes the whole Cloke thing smells of politics to me. I actually wasn't against getting him a few months ago but his stretch of poor form has really spooked me. I know key forwards' form can wax and wane but he's been stinking it up for most of the year now ... and with some pretty decent players upfield firing it into him.

For me the pendulum has now swung to "too risky" on Cloke.

Yes the whole Cloke thing smells of politics to me. I actually wasn't against getting him a few months ago but his stretch of poor form has really spooked me. I know key forwards' form can wax and wane but he's been stinking it up for most of the year now ... and with some pretty decent players upfield firing it into him.

For me the pendulum has now swung to "too risky" on Cloke.

I'm a big believer in that the distraction that is his contract talk has affected him. He is a hard working key position player whose size and power enable him to consistently play injury free. I can't dismiss his returns in the finals and the grand final.

The politics you mention may well be at play. And it wouldn't surprise me the powers that be might want him at GWS or even GC.

I'm also a believer that those who may not be warming to him, underestimate the work done list management wise. People see the cost, but might not necessarily see the romm made for such a move. I keep getting back to the point that - we (the club that is), have to pay someone.

We know that the midfield needs attention and picks 3,4,12 (& Viney in amongst that or a 2nd round pick) will contribute to a strengthened and more dynamic midfield with the addition of a more mature current group on the list.

My take is if we're making room with no Green, Dunn, Bate and maybe Jurrah (whose to know at this stage), we need help for Clark anyway. This will allow more time to consider Cook, Watts' responsibilities on field.

The pendulum for me has waned but it's in the positive for me now, despite my initial vote of "No" on the thread that was...

I'm also a believer that those who may not be warming to him, underestimate the work done list management wise. People see the cost, but might not necessarily see the romm made for such a move. I keep getting back to the point that - we (the club that is), have to pay someone.

And I think it's a very good point and probably one of the reasons it is such a hot-potato subject within the club. I suspect there might be one or two veterans who don't want us to bring in any 'big name' players for that very reason. The arrival of Cloke or Boak or whomever will likely spell the end of a couple of careers.

Brad Green is one who comes to mind. Doesn't seem to have flagged any intention of retiring at this stage.

Edited by Range Rover

And I think it's a very good point and probably one of the reasons it is such a hot-potato subject within the club. I suspect there might be one or two veterans who don't want us to bring in any 'big name' players for that very reason. The arrival of Cloke or Boak or whomever will likely spell the end of a couple of careers.

Brad Green is one who comes to mind. Doesn't seem to have flagged any intention of retiring at this stage.

I agree. Whichever way the club go, all I see is that post season is a pivotal moment for the club. And whichever way the decisions fall there will be negative feedback from a portion of supporters who will disagree with the ending of someone's career or whether we recruit someone.

And given the the current landscape of uneasiness from a football or political perspective that is the club (it is what it is), there will be noses out of joint until there are wins on the board. And even then, there will still be supporters who think they know better, in disagreement with the handling of list matters and decisions made.

Apologies to the UF crew, I felt like rambling here.

I didn't answer this question earlier. I think it does. But that's no biggy IMO. Plenty of quality in the pool.

I'd rather be part of "August" - although there's no sunshine around and I can't smell the spring grass clippings yet. :)

I am limping into the finals 1st lost Simpson after he had his face re-arranged

Then they almost had to call in a back-hoe to dig Cross' shoulder from the turf

now Bolton had his leg bent in places where its never been b4.

I dont expect him to be fit. I'll improvise and make it a contest as per usual.

In case I do become part of the 'OMRs carnage', I dont wont to be seem as losing as an excuse,So I'll make the call now.

I wont be playing next year.Too much controversy and disputes for my liking this year.

Edited by Deevoted

HT & RR - Great debate Lads but this is Norm Smith Ultimate Footy Week one of the finals.

Lets stay on topic & get back to some good old fashioned 2011 style Finals debate & sledging.

DeeVoted - Hope you reconsider your plight. I agree there has been alot of debate & controversy surrounding the Keepers concept. However I am certain this has now all been worked through & won't be an issue going forward.

Despite being destroyed by the OMR juggernaught next weekend, hang around in 2013 you have always been a tough opponent & very fair to negotiate & trade with throughout the 1st 2 seasons.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

You can't leave an AFL-related activity because of controversy! That's what the AFL thrives on. I agree that I think we have worked through the kinks etc. Blocked trades, for one, would be an issue in any league and I think is all part of the fun - the discussion, the defence, the re-jigged offer.

HT & RR - Great debate Lads but this if Norm Smith Ultimate Footy Week one of the finals.

Lets stay on topic & get back to some good old fashioned 2011 style Finals debate & sledging.

DeeVoted - Hope you reconsider your plight. I agree there has been alot of debate & controversy surrounding the Keepers concept. However I am certain this has now all been worked through & won't be an issue going forward.

Despite being destroyed by the OMR juggernaught next weekend, hang around in 2013 you have always been a tough opponent & very fair to negotiate & trade with throughout the 1st 2 seasons.

I agree. We've made the decisions tears have been had by all but those things have been done. Next year will be all footy and that's how I like it too. If by next year come March and sign up time I will not begrudge anyone who chooses to not play on but the teethin problems are over and it should be happy days if you stick with us.

Don't want to take attention away from finals but decisions of keepers are to be made just before the draft next year right?

I say that because Ziebell is a crazy person who likes cleaning people up. 7 weeks he has missed for me! 7 weeks!

Dane Swan - Of all the weeks to get on the [censored] & get suspended he choses week one of the Ultimate Footy Finals.

Ranked No. 1 in the comp, this must be a set up?

DeeVoted you have friends in high places.

I hear it was Deevoted who he was out on the turps with. You'v been had OMR.

I heard Deevoted put Swan in by informing Pendles.... .

Whilst Ed's away the mice will play, hey...

Cloke won't be impressed :)

Don't want to take attention away from finals but decisions of keepers are to be made just before the draft next year right?

I say that because Ziebell is a crazy person who likes cleaning people up. 7 weeks he has missed for me! 7 weeks!

Yep, keepers to be decided in the week leading into the draft.

It's Official Team OMR has timed the run to perfection & landed in the 8.

Deevoted I hope you enjoyed this weekend's close game because we get to do it all again next week.

Its was a very close game this weekend -As mentioned I just got over the line in Kicks & H. Balls

You just got over the line in Hit Outs x 3 * Accuracy x .008

Wipe the slate clean & I will see you on the bigger dance floor next week.

Good luck to all other finalist's & well played to the entire comp on a great home & Away season.

Let the carnage I promised begin!!!!!!!!!

Congrats - meet you next week in the finals.

You can't leave an AFL-related activity because of controversy! That's what the AFL thrives on. I agree that I think we have worked through the kinks etc. Blocked trades, for one, would be an issue in any league and I think is all part of the fun - the discussion, the defence, the re-jigged offer.

Yep- we need to set out our own rules before season start and stick to them. No changes in the season is my opinion.

Dane Swan - Of all the weeks to get on the [censored] & get suspended he choses week one of the Ultimate Footy Finals.

Ranked No. 1 in the comp, this must be a set up?

DeeVoted you have friends in high places.

I heard Deevoted put Swan in by informing Pendles.... .

I find all this finger pointing at bit disappointing to say the least.

So maybe I did follow his car to a restaurant and maybe I just happened to sit close enough to strike up a conversation

When the topic of the cloke saga came up, he seemed a bit down, so I offered to buy him a drink.

I was sure when he said one drink wont get me into trouble, I realised after the 15 others later, he didnt say double.

By 1am apart from slurring his words a bit, and rambling on about Malthouse he looked ok to me. (drinks cards are great btw)

BUT like all concenred football followers I rang the club, and asked IF Swanny was still pi$$ed

Besides, Didak was around somewhere, I think I seen him lurking about, but I doubt he will back this up, and say he might have been there but seen nothing.

Just because Its my 1st game in UF finals, and I have lost.... 1st Cross, then Bolton, in following weeks, had nothing to do with giving Swan a good time. Then a good natured followup call to the club to check on his well being, was the least I could do.

Anyone know Mumfords PH No ? I know a great Indian takeway :)

Edited by Deevoted
  • Like 1

Stole a win, one free kick! Judd back, Franklin too hopefully! Things are on the up, dappa Dan this week, very strong midfield to come up against :|