Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

I suggest another rule change for 2013 for you blokes.

A couple of nulla nullas at 20 paces. If that doesnt solve it, cream pies toe to toe.

Nulls nullas a little brutal for a old codga like me.creampuffs would do me!

However,my thoughts are we have no more changes. But, if we elect to, they are implemented before draft time and no further changes until post finals time.That ,then will allow stability. If JA has anymore changes, he will end up being known as the Kevin Bartlett of Ultimate Footy.

Edited by jayceebee31

Field as strong a team as you can and I, for one, will push for you to be looked after. There's tanking and then there's tanking...

Will do.

I think if it's shown that an opponent could have but didn't field players, that the coach in question should be sanctioned (in terms of draft order).

Having a look at fellow cellar dwellers Eth, HT, JLH and Scarlett - all have fielded full sides (or close to) so it's not a widespread problem.

I'm not sure what JA is doign but it looks like he's not fielding full teams most weeks?

Anyway, it's an issue that needs addressing as blatant tanking shouldn't be rewarded.

Will do.

I think if it's shown that an opponent could have but didn't field players, that the coach in question should be sanctioned (in terms of draft order).

Having a look at fellow cellar dwellers Eth, HT, JLH and Scarlett - all have fielded full sides (or close to) so it's not a widespread problem.

I'm not sure what JA is doign but it looks like he's not fielding full teams most weeks?

Anyway, it's an issue that needs addressing as blatant tanking shouldn't be rewarded.

I have replied to your post on UF. DL7 looks to be 2 players short. 3 reserves should play ( one mid, one ruck, one fwd.

I agree with 45, field full team and play the game out. I have one EIC in Dalhaus, but he's got to play doesn't he ? Nearly kicked 5 last week.

Spewing Pies are resting Sidebottom.

Deevoted - I think I've got your number this week. Bailey a late inclusion for me and will give Cox a run for his money. It's about time !

I have replied to your post on UF. DL7 looks to be 2 players short. 3 reserves should play ( one mid, one ruck, one fwd.

I agree with 45, field full team and play the game out.

DL7 went in one short in the end after emergencies factored in. I played a full team. We'll see what happens with the result.

Best performed team post-mathematical chance fixes this...

Seems a bit complicated? Another way would be to put teams 18 - 14 in a ballot for picks 1 - 5. Then teams 13 - 9 in a ballot for picks 6 - 10.Then picks 11 - 18 done in order of finish after finals.

How about that idea?

I brought this up when we were changing the rules, can't do anything about it now, these are the rules stop trying to change them every time something isn't going your way. This league is shocking.

Of course something can be done about if there's enough support from coaches.

You need to get over your vetoed trade and move on Scarlett.

Edited by Range Rover

Or just break the league into 3 groups.

Teams 1-6 get one ticket, 7-12 get two and 13 to 18 get three. Randomly drawn to choose order. Given that we are using keepers and the rest of the players are scrapped, all teams are pretty even going into next year anyway.

I brought this up when we were changing the rules, can't do anything about it now, these are the rules stop trying to change them every time something isn't going your way. This league is shocking.

You must be new to fantasy sports leagues.

You won't find a better run one outside of when you can grab with all your mates involved.

You won't find a better run one outside of when you can grab with all your mates involved.

im talking about all agreeing on a rule then when it doesnt suit someone or people dont care about it until it finally happens.

I'm not talking about my trade, I brought this up when RR was carrying on and threatening to leave, JA JCB and alot of others have all said, no more rule changers for this year, if we're doing the keepers again next year we need to sort all this out BEFORE the draft.

has everyone decided who their keepers are yet? i've got three locked in but cant decide on my 4th, my under 21's are probably going to be D Martin and R Conca, I was thinking about savage but he's just used as a sub to much and hurts when he only gets 1/4.

Andrew Swallow is my highest rated player and rates up stats wise, but its close for my second keeper, Tuck is rated 35, but Hayes is close behind him, but his age worries me he's gotta slow down at some stage and on the other side of coin he's bounced back from his knee op better then a 24 year old.

Are most people thinking midfield will be the best keepers or perhaps a nic nat or hawkins?

Calm down Range Rover you can adjust your team after the game on Friday Night and I was held up at work. I fixed it up.

That said, I would have absolutely no issue with having a lottery for the bottom 10 to find the draft picks 1-10. I'm against tanking as such and a lottery would be an interesting addition.

Calm down Range Rover you can adjust your team after the game on Friday Night and I was held up at work. I fixed it up.

That said, I would have absolutely no issue with having a lottery for the bottom 10 to find the draft picks 1-10. I'm against tanking as such and a lottery would be an interesting addition.

I don't think RR made any outlandish comments or went overboard, was just bringing it to attention.

has everyone decided who their keepers are yet? i've got three locked in but cant decide on my 4th, my under 21's are probably going to be D Martin and R Conca, I was thinking about savage but he's just used as a sub to much and hurts when he only gets 1/4.

Andrew Swallow is my highest rated player and rates up stats wise, but its close for my second keeper, Tuck is rated 35, but Hayes is close behind him, but his age worries me he's gotta slow down at some stage and on the other side of coin he's bounced back from his knee op better then a 24 year old.

Are most people thinking midfield will be the best keepers or perhaps a nic nat or hawkins?

Yeah, mine is nearly there, I could go one of a few ways, happy with my keeper prospects and my currrent list, just wished they'd been on the park more during season. (and that there were another 10 rounds in the season). My rucks have been a disaster for me this season.

I am new to fantasy football, only played in this league, so I take your point that this is a very good run league, I thought so, JA runs many it seems.RPFC do you play in many?

Deevoted - I think I've got your number this week. Bailey a late inclusion for me and will give Cox a run for his money. It's about time !

I see, .... forget my number,try this number, it might help you Ph: 03 9259 01?? (I thought it wise to remove the last 2 digits, I didnt want to be seen as advertising)

Dail before you dig... and good luck.

No problem DL7. I'm going that bad it looks like you're going to whip me anyway.

I think three groups (1 to 6, 7 to 12, 13 to 18) would be fairest way to go for the draft lottery.

I am new to fantasy football, only played in this league, so I take your point that this is a very good run league, I thought so, JA runs many it seems.RPFC do you play in many?

US sports (NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL) are all over the fantasy leagues stuff but you have to have a group of people to join you because half of the 'random' leagues are full of people who just like doing the draft and then they [censored] off.

I have no idea whether the practice is common in UF but I am not keen to find out - hence why we should all swallow some pride and try to stay in this one or, for those that wish to leave, try and find 12+ people to join in your league.

Anyone into stats will love the MLB fantasy leagues...

No problem DL7. I'm going that bad it looks like you're going to whip me anyway.

I think three groups (1 to 6, 7 to 12, 13 to 18) would be fairest way to go for the draft lottery.

if i finish 13th this is a massive advantage to me, i might end up with the first pick of the draft. If this is your idea to eliminate tanking i think it falls down where if i finish one place higher (take eths spot) then i risk getting what 10 or so picks lower in the draft? i'd be made to win, all this does is create 3 spots on the ladder for tanking rather then just one. it would have to be a lottery from 9-18, you wouldn't think someone playing for 8th would tank and miss out on finals.

I dont think we should change rules in the season again. we had our chance earlier in the year, people have played to the rules and we can't change them and disadvantage these people, that would be unfair.

Or we just lottery the whole thing - given we have Keepers I don't see the drawback. Hence the only way to play is just to keep going for wins.

if i finish 13th this is a massive advantage to me, i might end up with the first pick of the draft. If this is your idea to eliminate tanking i think it falls down where if i finish one place higher (take eths spot) then i risk getting what 10 or so picks lower in the draft? i'd be made to win, all this does is create 3 spots on the ladder for tanking rather then just one. it would have to be a lottery from 9-18, you wouldn't think someone playing for 8th would tank and miss out on finals.

I dont think we should change rules in the season again. we had our chance earlier in the year, people have played to the rules and we can't change them and disadvantage these people, that would be unfair.

You have a point. I wouldn't be against a lottery for teams finishing from 9th to 18th (non-finalists).

That said, I would probably just continue to go with reverse finishing order from this season. That would probably end up being fairer.

Edited by Range Rover

Hey Robbo- you will need brotherly love to get up this week.And Dappa, here we go again this week.And I will be without 2 or 3 of my main players. Near enough a walkover for you.Please take some pity on me.

Great game RPFC - Very happy I came out on top thanks to some huge efforts from my new "Keeper recruits" Keiren Jack & Jack Darling.

Big thanks to Watts CookN for that awesome trade early last week. I am sure Jones & Walker will hold up for you also in the run home.

Definately a fair bit to play out in the final round.

JCB - Nobody needs to take pity on you, every week you claim you have no chance & your team gets over the line.

You are the flag favorite my friend, get used to it I reckon you will take home the bacon in 2012.

One of The Brothers Robbo24 or Snomed a huge chance to sneak into the 8.

Wacko Jako, RPFC both massively under the pump to hang in there now.

My agenda - Take out Deevoted & sneak in the 8 myself.

This has a "de ja vu feel" about it for team OMR. I charged home last year only to miss the 8 on %.

Who will crumble at the last hurdle? Who will live the fairytale & charge into the 8?

For those old enough to remember this has the final Home & Away round 1987 written all over it.

Good Luck to all next week. That's everyone except Deevoted of course!