• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Rivers

Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Yep, keepers to be decided in the week leading into the draft.

So that means from our list we have to name our 4 keepers, 2. Retained seniors and 2 rookies post born in 1991-,Correct weight..?

So that means from our list we have to name our 4 keepers, 2. Retained seniors and 2 rookies post born in 1991-,Correct weight..?

tumblr_lm111u6xgz1qkc1y3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lm111u6xgz1qkc1y3o1_500.jpg

Thanks-- RR , struggling badly to get a worthwhile playing list fit. I will beat your mate HT in the tipping though.

Take care - already looking forward to next year.

• Like 1

Class of 2011 - Where Are You?

Has UF 2012 openned yet also?

Been a long summer,Lets get this party started!

what is it? Am in Supercoach ! Love it. Before I started Supercoach I used to wonder why Melbourne kept losing. It's not until you really study the depth of the other teams you find the answer.

Love to join up please?

Twitter is rampant. Jude Bolton it seems is not impressed with some draft tactics. (UFL)

He has referred back to J.Northery / Richmond drafting David Williams,after Melbourne delisted Williams after he also suffered a LTI. (1988?)

Williams and MFC had hoped to re-list Williams after making an agreement with that player,until Richmond broke an unwriiten law in that clubs dont white ant in these cases. I suggested he suck it up, as there isnt anything that can be done about it.

Team DeeVoted wishes him well at his new club. (at 32 he is now talking about walking away from the game)

Edited by Deevoted

Got a belting this round which has knocked me out of contention.Still leading the comp in the tipping, so hopefully can collect something from that.All the best to the remaining four.

So ... 16th it is after yet another loss, this time to Scarlett. Pretty ordinary but the Rovers plan to bounce back bigger and better in 2013.I hope all coaches can put any minor spats aside from the year and get involved again next season. Some seriously good footy minds right across the group.

Ps. Ryan Griffen you just gave me 47 reasons to put your name down as my second open keeper for '013. Awesome display!

Pps. Thanks to Jackattack for your patience in running the show. You took the hits on the chin and deserve kudos for your handling of some tricky disputes.

Cheers all,

RR

Edited by Range Rover

So ... 16th it is after yet another loss, this time to Scarlett. Pretty ordinary but the Rovers plan to bounce back bigger and better in 2013.I hope all coaches can put any minor spats aside from the year and get involved again next season. Some seriously good footy minds right across the group.

Ps. Ryan Griffen you just gave me 47 reasons to put your name down as my second open keeper for '013. Awesome display!

Pps. Thanks to Jackattack for your patience in running the show. You took the hits on the chin and deserve kudos for your handling of some tricky disputes.

Cheers all,

RR

Agree ,in particular your sentiments re JA, I second your thoughts.We both will be back in 13,

Twitter is rampant. Jude Bolton it seems is not impressed with some draft tactics. (UFL)

He has referred back to J.Northery / Richmond drafting David Williams,after Melbourne delisted Williams after he also suffered a LTI. (1988?)

Williams and MFC had hoped to re-list Williams after making an agreement with that player,until Richmond broke an unwriiten law in that clubs dont white ant in these cases. I suggested he suck it up, as there isnt anything that can be done about it.

Team DeeVoted wishes him well at his new club. (at 32 he is now talking about walking away from the game)

Ah shi* I only just saw this! Apologies, I picked him up as soon as I saw him delisted due to my forward line being weak, and kinda being extremely optimistic and hoping he makes a return next week!

On another note, I snuck another win this week! Bring on next week and hopefully the return of Franklin!

It'll take a bit of a miracle for me to topple you I think MM - you're looking the goods.

Ah shi* I only just saw this! Apologies, I picked him up as soon as I saw him delisted due to my forward line being weak, and kinda being extremely optimistic and hoping he makes a return next week!

It was all tongue in cheek. :)

I wont need him, (not injured) but when I seen you have drafted him, It reminded of what happened to Williams and a good excuse to reflect back and post it for some banter. I was just kiddin'

Good luck to all the remaining teams. for me UFL is drawing closer to the end.

It'll take a bit of a miracle for me to topple you I think MM - you're looking the goods.

Hardly true, with hit outs being a category I can never win, frees being so fickle, you could have 4 points ahead of me without even knowing it, it's always a bit of luck, having said that I am quite happy with my team on the track and adding a playing Franklin to it will help but there is no need of a miracle, you definitely have a good line up and barring injury it will definitely be a close matchup!

It was all tongue in cheek. :)

I wont need him, (not injured) but when I seen you have drafted him, It reminded of what happened to Williams and a good excuse to reflect back and post it for some banter. I was just kiddin'

Good luck to all the remaining teams. for me UFL is drawing closer to the end.

I figured as much! I had never heard of Williams, probably too young to pay much attention to it, but i often wondered what would happen if say this year we delisted Bartram to put him on our rookie list and someone picked him up instead!

Also don't leave UFL, keep in it, it's good for a laugh, and really posting in this thread is pretty much the only thing I look for now days with most people on the other threads very negative, unimaginative and really much like most of our performances this year haha!

I figured as much! I had never heard of Williams, probably too young to pay much attention to it, but i often wondered what would happen if say this year we delisted Bartram to put him on our rookie list and someone picked him up instead!

Some will probably remember (older supporters) of what happened.

It went something like this, David Williams was a young Brad Green type, leadup forward, that was capable of kicking a bag of goals,solid mark, and a reliable kick. He was showing a lot of promise , Williams started under Northey.

Williams had his seasom cut short with a serious knee, MFC decided to delist him, so they could use another player to fill in.

Both parties agreed, and MFC would relist him at seasons end. (1989 - 1990?)

Northey had left MFC, and was now coach of the Tiges. Northey knew how valuable he could be. so the Tiges drafted him. *Up til then teams had a sort of handshake agreement, in these cases, not to poach.

When Williams found he was dratfed by the Tiges, and the plan with the Dees backfired, he said he only wanted to play for Melb.

MFC wasnt too happy with Richmond either.

He never played AFL again, and went back to playing country footy. end of history lesson :unsure:

I am not sure if any Team would abide by the old handsake agreement these days, Richmond / Williams might have killed that.

But any player in the draft is open season for anyone to draft. ie Bolton to MM lol

someone else may know, but I think this lead to being able to have a player put on the LTI list,and bring in a rookie.

Edited by Deevoted

Into the prelim. Robbo will be tough, but every chance for DL7 to still take home a premiership this year albeit the consolation final!

Edited by Demon Land 7

Dear oh dear!

Jolly out, Gram out, Wells still out! Cost me any chance!

Whilst I want to I itially boast by saying I WON the tipping comp and arevinvthe best 50 in the whole Ultimate footy comp ,I want to say many thanks to JA for having me. It will never be the same as I think several will pull out.

I also wish the two playing off n the G/F the best wishes as well.

Bring on the new rules so we an all get ready for zultimate footy 2013.

Take care all coaches.

And so it all comes down to (essentially):

Hawksley, Gram, Montagna, Schulz and Saad

Versus

Rance, Ebert, Wallis and Higgins

Sincere congrats Wrecker on you winning the final andbeing the 2012 coaches king.At least I can say I am the tippsters King, especially after your commrade HT gave up in the end-- destroyed him..ended up 41st in the whole Ultimate footy family..

Look forward to playing you in 2013.

Edited by jayceebee31