16 Saturday, July 14 Fremantle Etihad Stadium Home 1:45pm

17 Saturday, July 21 Port Adelaide TIO Stadium Home 7:10pm

18 Saturday, July 28 North Melbourne Etihad Stadium Away 2:10pm

19 Sunday, August 5 Gold Coast SUNS MCG Home 1:10pm

20 Saturday, August 11 St. Kilda MCG Away 1:45pm

21 Saturday, August 18 GWS GIANTS Manuka Oval Away 2:10pm

22 Sunday, August 26 Adelaide Crows MCG Home 4:40pm

23 TBC Fremantle Patersons Stadium Away TBC

Round 6-11 looks like a hard slog. A bye before GWS looks like a bit of a waste- and North at Etihad after Darwin would be locked in as a loss.

Fremantle round 16 & final round 23-away looks tough.

Not a bad run home though- round 19-22 looks doable.

Looks tougher than last year but still 10 MCG games out of the first 15 rounds can't be sniffed at.

Channel Seven want the footy to lead straight into the news.

Say goodbye to 2.10 games.

Why don't they just start the news earlier?

I wont watch the seven news as a little protest. I won't be dictated to or manipulated. I suggest others follow suite.

To Quote someone with brains.

"This season is made up of 2 halves"

The first half could make or break our whole season.

I like the rest of you would think 3 is what would be expected in the first 11 (with maybe 1 unexpected)

The second half (if we haven't been totally demoralised) 8-11 out of 11 seems achievable.

It all comes down to how we improve over the Pre-season.

So Fire up Dees and kick some ass for a change.

We wnat live footy, Channel Seven want the drooling masses to watch the news.

Therefore, 3.15.

and Anzac day at 2.40.. !!! Is that game longer ??? :huh:

I dont understand why the QBD game needs to start late. ..Nothing else on that day !!!

I'd imagine that there is no Sunday game on Seven that weekend, hence the silly start time. Actually surprised they didn't want to squeeze Deal or No Deal in as well as that seems to be immovable for tennis and racing.

Harder to change the time of that game for faux traditional reasons.

Can't have the vets waiting around an extra half hour...

Not good PR.

then why isnt it the orig 2.10 as was for ...oh... almost forever !! wrt this game.

Looks a whole lot like d!cking around for its own sake sometimes.

But I dgress...not even our game.. I dont really see why the QBD cant be normal time. . Stuff the news.,..they can fill with aftergame rubbish or bring forward news. Seems ridiculous that as you head to the shortest day of year you delay the start :wacko:

then why isnt it the orig 2.10 as was for ...oh... almost forever !! wrt this game.

Looks a whole lot like d!cking around for its own sake sometimes.

But I dgress...not even our game.. I dont really see why the QBD cant be normal time. . Stuff the news.,..they can fill with aftergame rubbish or bring forward news. Seems ridiculous that as you head to the shortest day of year you delay the start :wacko:

I am not sure but I believe the Anzac day game has started late for a few years now.

Anyway, yes it is annoying but that is what TV networks are good at.

Ok just had a quick scan. Firstly why oh why are the AFL sending us back down to geelong. I thought they may had some sympathy for us after what happened last year. Well that will be a 1st for Mark, going down to geelong.

Again we have to play essendon in an away game. They got the home game last year. Its our turn. but im glad its at the G and not docklands.

Why do we have to play GWS at Manuka. Thats stupid.

ANother home game at etihad stadium against an interstate club and we have to play nth there again.

But im happy we play the saints at the G. Havent done that in awhile and an interstate game last round. Im expecting finals so I hope its friday or sat then.

Anyway at least we have a lot of games at the G.

had against an interstate club.

Ok just had a quick scan. Firstly why oh why are the AFL sending us back down to geelong. I thought they may had some sympathy for us after what happened last year. Well that will be a 1st for Mark, going down to geelong.

Again we have to play essendon in an away game. They got the home game last year. Its our turn. but im glad its at the G and not docklands.

ANother home game at etihad stadium against an interstate club and we have to play nth there again.

But im happy we play the saints at the G. Havent done that in awhile and an interstate game last round. Im expecting finals so I hope its friday or sat then.

Well we may finally have a coach who has some idea how to play the ground considering he played for the Cats for 8 years.

Edited by DemonWorshipper

well..all I can suggest wrt to the Geelong game is we suck it up, look the enemy in the eye and have a red hot go. The enemy btw is not so much teh Cats...but self-doubt. We have to wipe slate clean and go around again. Bit like getting back on the horse..

GWS at Manuka might be a little bit about brand building for the Dwarves... maybe not..who really cares its not on their own turf so its neutral.. The truly sceptical might think Scully doesnt want to face us on his own soil , just in case :unsure:

Yes a nice little run of games at the G there... 4 in a row ( well a week off in between ) . Still ...who'd da thunk !!

Some good games though really at the G .. Looking forward to them . -_-

Go Dees

Average draw at first glance, although we play all the top teams once, so that's good.

WHY THE F' DO WE ALWAYS HAVE TO PLAY GEELONG IN GEELONG?!

I reckon it's pretty good. We play just two games at Etihad and one is against Freo. The teams we play twice should be around our level or worse, so it's pretty kind in that respect.

I'm happy to play Essendon away every year if we get to play Collingwood at home every year on Queen's Birthday.

• Like 1

Of the top 10 in season 2011 we only get the Saints twice and they may fall away anyway .

The opening 5 games are all winnable with the probable exception of West Coast .

Tough run between R6 and R11 though Essendon and Sydney are beatable - this group of games are gonna be a challenge for Neeld and co. - we need to somehow hold our ground during this time - though it would have been far worse if this stretch of games were in the 2nd half of the year .

The long run home after the bye is a not tough - have we ever had an easier 2nd half of the season ? The 2nd half of the season only has 2 games against last years top 10 teams - Saints and North - both winnable . Freo away in the last round may be an irrelevant game . Esp if we can't move anywhere within the 8 !

Overall - very , very happy - we've had far worse draws .

I like that we will be tested early against the Eagles - The Bulldogs and Saints in rounds 4 and 5 for the same reason - both at the G - Ideal .

• Like 2

It rather bemuses me , a lot of the talk about which games are wins or losses in 2012.

Not a shot has been fired nor a ball bounced to start a game and some are already writing this game or that one off. Next season will be very different. 7 teams have new coaches and theres a completely new team. The dynamics are not what they were this year.. Players have come and gone.. others will be better for another preseason. yes that goes for many a team. Who put West Coast in the top four after 2010 ?? Who really anticpated such a fall for the dogs and saints ? Probably not many.

At this stage we have 22 games to go and theyre ALL winable. Doeesnt matter where. Name a venue we havent won at ?

Every season's just a bit different to the one before ( or after)

It all comes down to what sort of Melbourne side takes to the field. At this stage it looks pretty good . Gotta love the off season !! :)

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

This thread feels like deja vu...

what......again !!!!!!

Message to Hawthorn soon to be ex President, stop complaining, we also play 5 intersate teams in Melbourne, if you choose to sell 4 home games in Tasmania you get what you are given. If you played 11 home games at the MCG you would have 5-6 home games against Victorian clubs.

• Like 3

RD DATE OPPONENT VENUE H/A LOCAL TIME

1 Saturday, March 31 Brisbane Lions MCG Home 1:40pm - Win, we should be better than them at home

2 Saturday, April 7 West Coast Eagles Patersons Stadium Away 2:40pm - Loss they're better than us (for now)

3 Saturday, April 14 Richmond MCG Away 1:45pm - Win, we're on par,we'll split the games

4 Sunday, April 22 Western Bulldogs MCG Home 4:40pm - Win, we're on par and should win at home

5 Saturday, April 28 St. Kilda MCG Home 7:40pm - Loss, they're better than us (for now)

6 Saturday, May 5 Geelong Cats Simonds Stadium Away 1:45pm - Loss

7 Friday, May 11 Hawthorn MCG Home 7:50pm - Loss

8 Saturday, May 19 Sydney Swans SCG Away 4:40pm - Loss away

9 Sunday, May 27 Carlton MCG Away 3:15pm - Loss

10 Saturday, June 2 Essendon MCG Away 7:40pm - Win - we're on par with them and it's at the MCG

11 Monday, June 11 Collingwood MCG Home 3:15pm - Loss

12 Bye

13 Sunday, June 24 GWS GIANTS MCG Home 3:15pm - Win

14 Sunday, July 1 Brisbane Lions Gabba Away 3:15pm - Loss away

15 Saturday, July 7 Richmond MCG Home 2:10pm - Loss on the games split

16 Saturday, July 14 Fremantle Etihad Stadium Home 1:45pm - Win over here, despite the Etihad factor

17 Saturday, July 21 Port Adelaide TIO Stadium Home 7:10pm - Win - we're better than them at a neutral venue

18 Saturday, July 28 North Melbourne Etihad Stadium Away 2:10pm - Loss at Etihad

19 Sunday, August 5 Gold Coast SUNS MCG Home 1:10pm - Win, we're better than them (for now)

20 Saturday, August 11 St. Kilda MCG Away 1:45pm - Loss

21 Saturday, August 18 GWS GIANTS Manuka Oval Away 2:10pm - Win

22 Sunday, August 26 Adelaide Crows MCG Home 4:40pm - Win at home

23 TBC Fremantle Patersons Stadium Away TBC - Loss away

10 wins

Edited by old55