• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

$urprise, $urprise, $cully $enior Employed by GW$

rpfc, i have great respect for you...but i am finding it hard to work out why you still continue to defend thi$ family to this day like they are some kind of Brady Bunch Clan...The True Colours of this Mercenary bunch was finally shown up in all it's glory this week...

They are not a nice bunch & are prepared to lie & cheat in order to get there hands on grotesque amounts of wealth for the least amount of work.

i wish i had been with Mr Redleg at the Airport yesterday....Young Tom would have said hello to me....it's common courtesy.......

WYL - you need to read posts rather than glean.

The father did something so ethically dubious I am having trouble understanding how one could fathom the audacity to tell your son you have managed to get a job at the club his father advised him to sign for.

I am now glad not to have this family around the club anymore - I had little idea that this would be an option considered by adults with a son who is making the choice of his lifetime.

I pity HWMNBN and it feels good.

But, hey, I have a superiority complex...

The father attempted, and got, a job out of his sons contract negotiations.

That doesn't sound like a Lynch-Blucher problem, it sounds like a 'what can you do for me, as I send my son your way' problem.

And as you said during the height of this - representation is just an extension of the player. The agent does as the player/players family wishes.

I see what you mean but I'm not just referring to to Fill Scully Incident, but to the entire way they handled it from the moment Grubby and Sheeds came knocking on their door.

Someone was there in the shadows advising this family of what and what not say, and when and when not to say it. Boy did Blucher and by extension Alastair Lynch, screw that job up.

Not a good look for Velocity Sports I would have thought.

WYL - you need to read posts rather than glean.

The father did something so ethically dubious I am having trouble understanding how one could fathom the audacity to tell your son you have managed to get a job at the club his father advised him to sign for.

I am now glad not to have this family around the club anymore - I had little idea that this would be an option considered by adults with a son who is making the choice of his lifetime.

I pity HWMNBN and it feels good.

But, hey, I have a superiority complex...

Good Mate, i am glad we have cleared that up....I know how hard you battled for his honour during the year while keeping your dignity well intact.

Pity a little i do feel for Tom, but not his Family...they have chosen from a long time ago....The Bad Negative energy Tom will feel each time he lands at Tullamarine will not disipate for many years is a high price to pay.

I see what you mean but I'm not just referring to to Fill Scully Incident, but to the entire way they handled it from the moment Grubby and Sheeds came knocking on their door.

Someone was there in the shadows advising this family of what and what not say, and when and when not to say it. Boy did Blucher and by extension Alastair Lynch, screw that job up.

Not a good look for Velocity Sports I would have thought.

No it isn't.

But Velocity suddenly doesn't go 'how about an extra $100k/$200k for the father?'

They would have been told or given that instruction/offer.

Gubby Allan and Phil HWMNBN have found each other, two peas in a ethically bankrupt pod.

No it isn't.

But Velocity suddenly doesn't go 'how about an extra $100k/$200k for the father?'

Gubby Allan and Phil HWMNBN have found each other, two peas in a ethically bankrupt pod.

actually rpfc I can think of a few scenarios where Velocity/GWS may have made the suggestion

bottom line is we don't know who instigated the nepotism but we do know who accepted it

• Like 1

No it isn't.

A match made in KFC.

I really hope it all goes to Fill's head and he starts to constantly pester Gub with annoying emails about dud recruiting prospects, and daily calls about trifling matters regarding his son.

C'mon Fill, get in there and make a nuisance of yourself!

actually rpfc I can think of a few scenarios where Velocity/GWS may have made the suggestion

bottom line is we don't know who instigated the nepotism but we do know who accepted it

I can think of many GWS-initiated scenarios but not Velocity.

It either came from Phil or Gubby, or from Dom Cobb and his well known art of Inception...(that's a pop culture reference)

No it isn't.

How do you know that isn't exactly what happened?? I trust no one in this whole affair now..

GW$ have been given far too much money by the very organization who rights the rules by which it runs...What better way to launder money than through shonky family means.

It makes a lot of sense to me...Bulcher handled this very poorly IMO....The silence was deafening

It may have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

My mind these days isn't as sharp.

It smacks of "Damir Dokic"

Let's be thankful we are no longer a part of this "Soap Opera"

It either came from Phil or Gubby, or from Dom Cobb and his well known art of Inception...(that's a pop culture reference)

Interesting that Scully's former manager Mark Kleiman jumped to the defence of Phil's appointment in discussion with Mark Stevens & Jon Ralph on his twitter yesterday.

Interesting that Scully's former manager Mark Kleiman jumped to the defence of Phil's appointment in discussion with Mark Stevens & Jon Ralph on his twitter yesterday.

Also interesting is that Kleiman's wife used to be Adrian Anderson's P.A.

Edited by Yoda

not saying anything (just musing)

but 18% of $6M in commission is a big motivator as well as being a LOT of spondoollaks

but 18% of $6M in commission is a big motivator as well as being a LOT of spondoollaks

I get what you are saying but I just see it as more likely that Gubby offered it (yuck) or Phil wanted it (eww).

And Velocity was stuck in the middle with p.u.

• Like 1

First I heard of the out-clause. Like Scully, Buckly was drafted with a 2 year contract. Like Scully, he had to wait 2 years before he could move to another club. Like Scully, he showed few signs of wanting to stay at his original club.

FWIW, I reckon Scully would have moved to a different club even if the GWS $s hadn't appeared.

Hadn't seen this addressed in a quick skim and wanted to. In my understanding and in a nutshell, Buckley had a binding , but not AFL 'approved' (though within then AFL rules), contract with NM prior to his draft.

It was this contract that initiated said clause, even though it was later used to get to Collingwood. The AFL then specifically changed the rules to void NMs contract within the AFL hegemony, knowingly allowing Collingwood the pick that would land him. Again, IMO/U. Btw, it was also a one year deal.

18% is not to be sneezed at...& i am sure Velocity were up to their necks in all this along with GW$ & the $cully Clan...all would have been well briefed, how else would they all stay so quiet....nobody said a word all year....oh except for THAT Media Conference..The Podcast of that would be worth finding if anyone has access.

The ATO must be interested in this, surely Phil's $100K has to be entirely taxed at Tom's top marginal rate?

When it was put to Anderson the decision to place Scully senior's entire $100,000 wage into the Giants' Total Player Payments indicated the AFL did not consider his employment to be of any value to the club, he responded: ''That was Ken Wood's judgment, and I believe the club acknowledged that as well.''

The ATO must be interested in this, surely Phil's $100K has to be entirely taxed at Tom's top marginal rate?

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1c7WCpjFr

Don't think that will happen as PS will work for the club whether or not he provides any value and salary will be paid to him. That satisfies the ATO. How you get the job is irrelevant to them only what you are paid.

As sad and distracting as this saga has been at times right now I am loving it.

The old man shoving his snout into the trough has taken it to a new level.

It reminds me of something I have long wondered about: HWMNBN was ordinary this year, with little eye catching about his game other than the number on his back, and he has a dicky knee.

So, why has GWS paid so far over the odds to get him?

This come to mind:

Sheedy is nuts and hates our guts,

post his coaching interview if not before,

and saw in this the chance to hurt us some more.

But a twist in the tale is that the deal was done

and won in the late spring of 2010,

so tightly that the Giants were snared with their prey.

So the kid's maybe a dud, the Giants are stuck with him - and his dad.

• Like 1

Not only will they be the most hated team going around- they also seem like the most unprofessional team and they haven't even played a NAB cup match, let alone a proper home and away fixture. Lol.

That's what you get for handing the reigns to Sheeds and the Gubster. Neurotic emotional types in charge of a new franchise- GWS needs everything to go perfect for them to be some sort of hope and so far everything has turned to shite.

Loving it! Cannot wait for the ensuing massacres in season 2012. Can't wait till all their young draftees abandon them as soon as they get the chance. Joke club who will hand us the easiest 8 points in the history of VFL/AFL... "Giant" fail lol.

Well , HWMNBN can now sit up in Blacktown counting his dollars while observing the chaos around him at GWS , and observe from afar the new structure and organization at the MFC.

Why sell your soul to the Devil when you were already a DEMON ?

Hopefully we will be able to give him huge cause to regret .

Sayonara $cully !