Addam Maric To North Melbourne

Bates Mate

You're right old, and this reported deal from Emma Quayle may make it less likely that North will want to deal another draft pick for Maric:

Interesting little deal done today. Hawthorn's trading rookie Will Sierakowski to North Melb for pick 58. He'll go onto North's senior list.

24 minutes ago

So there goes North's third round pick. If they dealt 40 for Maric and 54, their picks would be around the 18, 54 and 76 mark, and they'd have picked up Maric and Sierakowski. Can't see that happening.

In effect they'd get Maric and Sierakowski for 40

We could give them 72 as well, it's a small improvement on 76.

If we could get GC's 4th rounder 68? in a straight deal for Warnock we could throw that in.

Maric + 54 + 68 for 40.

If we managed to pull off the Clark deal then an upgrade to pick 40 could be helpful.

Edited by old55

Maric is out of contract, so i reckon Nth Melbourne is just going to try and land him in the pre-season draft. Meaning we get nothing in return.

And we've got to move on at least 2 more players, 3 if we get Clark.

I don't care about trades for Warnock or Maric - I don't think there is any value out there. People are welcome to disagree.

So if the Calrk deal doesn't come through I would jettison those two. I would get Wonna to be a rookie. That would make three.

I would then keep the rest and trade Pick 12 to Freo for Picks 16 and 20, or a Suban, Ibbotson or Duffield.

I would then keep the rest and trade Pick 12 to Freo for Picks 16 and 20, or a Suban, Ibbotson or Duffield.

Depends how much Freo want Clark... I would be offering them pick 12 in a straight swap for Morabito

This is what will occur with Maric and I'm beginning to think will also occur with Warnock

DD I am not sure how we can demand much,

We clearly think they are not much, neither could get a regular game in a year when the Dees were terrible.

They are both out of contract and appear to be happy they move on, there appears to be only modest interest from one club for each.

Not sure how we drive up the value.

If they are truely wanted by the GC and North they will get them in the PSD.

GC I think has first pick so they are certainties for Warnock if they want him.

Cannot see anyone getting in the road of North for Maric and he probably does not care who picks him up.

My guess is we will take whatever is offered ( if anything) late on Monday.

If we clearly don't rate what more is there?

Bear in mind that this is a pretty poor draft. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we traded our second and third round picks away in the quest for a bog forward. We'll be upgrading rookies in the draft so we don' really need high picks. If we had to burn our second and third round picks for Walsh I'd go for it. Keep pick 12 to use on a halfway decent prospect and upgrade Evans and Nicholson for the other two picks. With such a poor draft I can't see us doing much more than that.

Bear in mind that this is a pretty poor draft. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we traded our second and third round picks away in the quest for a bog forward. We'll be upgrading rookies in the draft so we don' really need high picks. If we had to burn our second and third round picks for Walsh I'd go for it. Keep pick 12 to use on a halfway decent prospect and upgrade Evans and Nicholson for the other two picks. With such a poor draft I can't see us doing much more than that.

Thats what I thought we were going to do but we have already signed up Nicholson and Evans as rookies for next year. Maybe they're planning on upgrading juice? :P

I would much rather hold onto him for another year and see how he goes under Neeld rather than swap him for a third round or later pick.

I hope we offer him a one year contract and convince him to stay.

He'll be delisted if he isn't traded. You can't wait around and keep every player in case they "might" come on, he's out of contract and so far he hasn't looked likely.

He'll be delisted if he isn't traded. You can't wait around and keep every player in case they "might" come on, he's out of contract and so far he hasn't looked likely.

I agree. Addam has had his opportunities at Melbourne, and his time's now up. If we can't arrange a trade, he'll get another gig via the PSD. Good luck to him

Run out of chances. Any deal we can put together is good for the club, even if we only advance 3 spots in the draft.

Maric still might make a good AFL footballer, but not here.

Correct me if I am wrong someone, but isn't the rule that if you trade someone and get a pick, you must use that pick. That could be the problem. We might only want to go so deep and if they are offering picks outside our range, we don't want to be forced to use them. If that is the case we might end up delisting Maric and Warnock and probably trade Bate on Monday for 39 that was offered with maybe another pick upgraded. We still have to make some room on the list. I also think Aussie will be delisted and rookied to make room.