The Sheedy Conspiracy

Guest bonjohn

Guest bonjohn

Did Melbourne show Sheedy so much disrespect that he targeted us.

When looking for a candidate for MFC coach Sheedy was interviewed.Why? THE Melbourne board of coaching would have known whether Sheedy was a good fit or not without an interview,To string him along to the point where he was beaten by a man like Dean Bailey was massively disrespectful to an icon of the game.This must have been a punch in the arm to Sheedys massive ego.

With players like Cotchin,D.Martin,Fyfe etc etc why was Scully targeted from start to finish despite his form lapses.

Why did Sheedy sign James Mcdonald after he said he could not believe the Demons had let him go.

To me it is revenge and a jibe,basically he is saying if you had hired me you would have had one of your toughest and most beloved on-ballers as your Captain for longer and would have kept Scully at a price closer to 300 to $350 000.

Why did we interview him,we knew what he was,there were no secrets.

Also why did we not take him?Even if he had been as unsuccessful as Bailey(doubtful),Melbourne supporters would have much more content in the knowledge Melbourne picked the best available coach at the time.If not he was a lot better canditate than Bailey and retrospect is not needed for that. .

The AFL were happy knowing we had dismissed a man ripe for GWS.

We could have gotten a man inent on proving his previous club wrong instead of us pissing him off.

Explain to me how this is our problem?

Sheedy is nuts, acting petulant, and doing his same old nonsense - and you think that means we should have hired him?!

It's amazing how you have more respect for someone who hates the club (Sheedy) than you do for someone who loves the club and agreed to work for it (Connolly) when he missed out on the same job that Sheedy missed out on...

• Like 3

Martin was targetted by GCS last year on big money but he turned them down and signed a long term contract with the tiggers, pretty sure the others you mentioned also signed up. In fact they threw large sums of cash at a lot of players who turned them down. Kruezer, Murphy, Naitanui, Thomas, Swan etc It was just unfortunate that we drafted a mercenary with our first pick, I don't believe anyone could have predicted it.

The reason why Sheedy is going after the retirees is because he's desperate. He knows that a midfield consisting of Scully, Ward, Palmer and the kids will get absolutely hammered so he has to take the cast offs to try and protect them. Power, McDonald etc. It's a desperate move by a club which failed to attract the right players. FFS, McDonald has been out of the highest level for a year and he's 35.

Get ready for some record losses next season.

• Like 1

Explain to me how this is our problem?

Sheedy is nuts, acting petulant, and doing his same old nonsense - and you think that means we should have hired him?!

It's amazing how you have more respect for someone who hates the club (Sheedy) than you do for someone who loves the club and agreed to work for it (Connolly) when he missed out on the same job that Sheedy missed out on...

Good post.

Sorry...just in the middle of a conference call with some Martians and Seagulls.... I'll get back to you on this :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest bonjohn

Sorry...just in the middle of a conference call with some Martians and Seagulls.... I'll get back to you on this :unsure:

Probably the same martians sheedy spoke of,i am trying seeing things through sheedys eyes

Guest bonjohn

I don't think this is Sheedy's conspiracy. I think it's your conspiracy theory.

I said the Sheedy conspiracy,not sheedys conspiracy.obviously it was my conspiracy.

Sheedy is a peanut, and has the gig at GWS for side show value only.

I have no doubt he has it in for the MFC, and I'm glad he never got the job with us..............he was on the nose at the Bombers, and that's why they cut him loose...........and he never would have gone down the youth path Bailey did with the list, he would have tried to top up with rejects, and we would be sitting here today bemoaning the fact we ever let him step foot inside the MFC.

• Like 2

Its an interesting point - and kudos for looking at it in another way...

But GWS were always going to get him - too many others had rejected them and they over capitalised (in that they they were so confident that they were going to get him to the media)

Sheedy is stupid, recruiting 30 kids at only 17 years old, and then a handful of 'experienced' (cant stress that word enough) players. Whether he liked it or not he had to make the point of getting scully otherwise they would have looked like the joke of the AFL before they even kicked a ball because no one wanted to join them...

Ps, I wouldnt rule out that the approached others :)

Guest bonjohn

Good post.

Sheedy has always beeen nuts,evocative .No one can pin point his geenius but a struggling essendon into a bohemoth.

please to do not attack me on my my views as him being our coach over Bailey.

Does anybody believe where there is smoke there is fire ,especially considering your obvious belief Sheedy is petulant etc.Stands to reason to me.Has he targeted any club like he has targeted Melbourne?The James mac case is ,in my belief, an example of how Sheedy would go about retribution. I am not talking about james palying next year,Sheedy knew we idolised James and were heartbroken to see a great of the club let go.He is a smart cookie sheeds,and has been very vocal ever since james was let go,not just for next year.

Guest bonjohn

Martin was targetted by GCS last year on big money but he turned them down and signed a long term contract with the tiggers, pretty sure the others you mentioned also signed up. In fact they threw large sums of cash at a lot of players who turned them down. Kruezer, Murphy, Naitanui, Thomas, Swan etc It was just unfortunate that we drafted a mercenary with our first pick, I don't believe anyone could have predicted it.

The reason why Sheedy is going after the retirees is because he's desperate. He knows that a midfield consisting of Scully, Ward, Palmer and the kids will get absolutely hammered so he has to take the cast offs to try and protect them. Power, McDonald etc. It's a desperate move by a club which failed to attract the right players. FFS, McDonald has been out of the highest level for a year and he's 35.

Get ready for some record losses next season.

Martin, murphy,kreuzer and Natanui were not offered comparable deals ie 2 million first up,Thomas is palying in premierships and so is swan.Scully was always going to be thrown the most money.Get your facts right.

Sheedy has always beeen nuts,evocative .No one can pin point his geenius but a struggling essendon into a bohemoth.

please to do not attack me on my my views as him being our coach over Bailey.

Does anybody believe where there is smoke there is fire ,especially considering your obvious belief Sheedy is petulant etc.Stands to reason to me.Has he targeted any club like he has targeted Melbourne?The James mac case is ,in my belief, an example of how Sheedy would go about retribution. I am not talking about james palying next year,Sheedy knew we idolised James and were heartbroken to see a great of the club let go.He is a smart cookie sheeds,and has been very vocal ever since james was let go,not just for next year.

If that was true (and not saying it is) why would you describe some sad old [censored] who is being vindictive and petulant as a "smart cookie"?

Or don't you understand the meaning of "has-been"?

Guest bonjohn

Its an interesting point - and kudos for looking at it in another way...

But GWS were always going to get him - too many others had rejected them and they over capitalised (in that they they were so confident that they were going to get him to the media)

Sheedy is stupid, recruiting 30 kids at only 17 years old, and then a handful of 'experienced' (cant stress that word enough) players. Whether he liked it or not he had to make the point of getting scully otherwise they would have looked like the joke of the AFL before they even kicked a ball because no one wanted to join them...

Ps, I wouldnt rule out that the approached others :)

Sheedy is stupid,talk about confidence in your own opinion.How many flags have you won.How many iconic games have you created for commercial value.

Sheedy is stupid,talk about confidence in your own opinion.How many flags have you won.How many iconic games have you created for commercial value.

Way to focus on the wrong part of the argument but i have won no flags, i have created no commercial value, but all i know is that they way he has set up GWS is stupid...

Im not talking about the past, im talking about the current and future

Guest bonjohn

If that was true (and not saying it is) why would you describe some sad old [censored] who is being vindictive and petulant as a "smart cookie"?

HE is a smart manipulator,a smart cookie in the football sense.i do not believe he is a member of mensa ,though he has alays been vindictive and petulant,but still a smart cookie in a football sense.

Guest bonjohn

Way to focus on the wrong part of the argument but i have won no flags, i have created no commercial value, but all i know is that they way he has set up GWS is stupid...

Im not talking about the past, im talking about the current and future

I apologise i mistook your argument.

Guest bonjohn

How far have Essendon progressed since Sheedys demise,would you describe hird as a has been .He has bomber in the box anddoes not seem to be doing any better than Sheeds.

Martin, murphy,kreuzer and Natanui were not offered comparable deals ie 2 million first up,Thomas is palying in premierships and so is swan.Scully was always going to be thrown the most money.Get your facts right.

Martin was signed up last year, and Ablett was the main target so always going to behind Ablett in pecking order (and rightfully so) But when signing last year he signed for a period that took away the option GWS had to poach him.

Not sure about Murphy but chose to reject perhaps because Carlton sold him on being able to win premierships... or green ambassador roles @ VISY perhaps.

Kreuzer was offered the same type of money as Scully (1 Mil a year) from all reports, he just chose to stay and reject the money (See above with VISY)

The ONLY reason Scully is getting 2 mil in the first year is because of front loading in their first year. They have to pay the minimum of 92.5 it's not like they wouldn't have given that deal to others if they chose to come on. Ward would be on probably $1.4mil or so as well if he is on a 800k per year package as well.... It's not a conspiracy, just business.

Guest bonjohn

Martin was signed up last year, and Ablett was the main target so always going to behind Ablett in pecking order (and rightfully so) But when signing last year he signed for a period that took away the option GWS had to poach him.

Not sure about Murphy but chose to reject perhaps because Carlton sold him on being able to win premierships... or green ambassador roles @ VISY perhaps.

Kreuzer was offered the same type of money as Scully (1 Mil a year) from all reports, he just chose to stay and reject the money (See above with VISY)

The ONLY reason Scully is getting 2 mil in the first year is because of front loading in their first year. They have to pay the minimum of 92.5 it's not like they wouldn't have given that deal to others if they chose to come on. Ward would be on probably $1.4mil or so as well if he is on a 800k per year package as well.... It's not a conspiracy, just business.

Fair point ,i will try to be less provocative next time,just thought my premise had a little merit and might lead to discussion not personal attacks,thank you for putting a succinct opinion and argument across.

How far have Essendon progressed since Sheedys demise,would you describe hird as a has been .He has bomber in the box anddoes not seem to be doing any better than Sheeds.

Like I said first time Sheedy is a has-been

Hasn't pulled any rabbits out of hats for a long time and his recruiting of TS (if it was his idea) will be a monumental waste of (not his) money

Thats not an attack on TS just an attack on mismanagement of funds and recruiting strategy

Sheedy clearly works to his own agenda. See the outrage when one of his own, Harvey was sacked by the Dockers. Contrast with the silence when Knights was sacked by the Dons and replaced by the lovechild and the lieing second favourite son from the Cats.