The New Sponsors

beelzebub

Cam Schwab just walked into my office, and straight into our CEO's office, who is a Melbourne supporter. Our head office is in China, which could also work well for the Chinese connection..My ear is to the ground, so I'll try update if I hear anything

Having has a bit more of a snoop online. Huawei have been in south Africa since 1999 and in NZ they recently secured a major contract for their national broadband network . Following that i actually dont thonk they won any part of our broadband network tender. Yhat could be the " unforseen circumstance" abd s reaaon to change their mind. Potentially the lack of a tender means no reason to invest in the country. Then again I would say they could still see Australia as an emerging market for them in consumer telephone and business networks. Once again my theories at work here nothing more.

Cam Schwab just walked into my office, and straight into our CEO's office, who is a Melbourne supporter. Our head office is in China, which could also work well for the Chinese connection..My ear is to the ground, so I'll try update if I hear anything

A DRINKING GLASS UP AGAINST THE WALL WILL DO IT....!! Edited by why you little
  • Like 2

In terms of media coverage, excluding televised games (as mentioned in my original post), Super 15's is easily the 2nd sport behind the NRL. That goes for print media too.

I know mate, I live here.

The only problem is Super 15 isn't equal. The Brumbies are a small market team that will go to a small market (NZ) for a third of the season, an osbcure market (South Africa) another third, and only get the odd game in the big markets.

I don't think a Super 15 sponsorship is all that effective at exposing businesses TBH.

• Like 1

The only problem is Super 15 isn't equal. The Brumbies are a small market team that will go to a small market (NZ) for a third of the season, an osbcure market (South Africa) another third, and only get the odd game in the big markets.

I don't think a Super 15 sponsorship is all that effective at exposing businesses TBH.

Agree RP. But in terms of regular exposure in the media, and in particular print media, Super 15's gets a hell of a lot more coverage than AFL. The QLD Reds are massive up here, and when reading the Courier Mail on a daily basis, you often have to go in 5 or 6 pages from the back (or what I call the true front page!), until you get to the AFL section, passing 2 pages totally dedicated to Bronco's, then 1 page of NRL, then 2 pages of Reds, and a page of Super 15's.

The point I challenged was about a potential international sponsor, and how much more coverage they get in Qld if they sponsored AFL over Super 15's. It's not true.

In terms of media coverage, excluding televised games (as mentioned in my original post), Super 15's is easily the 2nd sport behind the NRL. That goes for print media too.

I know mate, I live here.

And in the past, a Brisbane AFL game took priority over any other game scheduled for the same time. Even if FOX had broadcast rights for the Lions game, and say Melbourne v Hawthorn (example) was a Channel 7 game but on at the same time, the Brisbane game was always televised.

Yeah, I live here too. But now that you mention "coverage" in general, I would agree with you there. I guess it all depends on which teams are doing well, and last year it was the Reds. I remember when the Lions were doing well up here, sponsors were lining up and from memory, at the time, Vodafone signed one of the biggest sponsorship deals on record (correct me if that's a mistake).

Where do you work, Russian?

I work for a company that was a direct competitor for one of our previous sponsors, however, I think one of our smaller brands would be the likely sponsor as they are re-branding themselves at the moment

Hope your Boss does not come on here mate!

Be carefull!!

I work for a company that was a direct competitor for one of our previous sponsors, however, I think one of our smaller brands would be the likely sponsor as they are re-branding themselves at the moment

Of course he could be just visiting another dees fan.

He walked out (with about 4 other gents I didn't recognise) about 20 mins ago, I've been asking questions around the office, so far I got nothing

Haha! You need to contact Inspector Gorran from Criminal Intent. He would sniff it out!!

JORDIE TACKLES....Say nothing. Keep it to yourself. The Russian is doing us all a favour here...

Haha! You need to contact Inspector Gorran from Criminal Intent. He would sniff it out!!

JORDIE TACKLES....Say nothing. Keep it to yourself. The Russian is doing us all a favour here...

yeah i left it for these reasons, as much as i hate not having a sponsor i find guessing who it is a big game of celebrity heads haha

yeah i left it for these reasons, as much as i hate not having a sponsor i find guessing who it is a big game of celebrity heads haha

After the deal is signed feel free to let rip, but hush hush is good business right now.

All is hush hush WYL dont worry about that, i have speculated on many companies anyway haha never been right

Hahaha! There is always a first time, and we wouldn't wish to compromise the whistle blower during these times. The AGM is tomorrow. Fingers crossed an announcement will be made.

IF we are unable to get a jumper sponsor by NAB cup, we should slap the Reach Foundation Logo on the front of the jumper, as a token of appreciation for all that Jim has given to the club. A way to say thanks. Then they could sell the jumpers and give the money back to Reach.

• Like 2

Guest Thomo

IF we are unable to get a jumper sponsor by NAB cup, we should slap the Reach Foundation Logo on the front of the jumper, as a token of appreciation for all that Jim has given to the club. A way to say thanks. Then they could sell the jumpers and give the money back to Reach.

Would be a very nice idea, however comercially it may be better to do a Michael Clarke and go with the clean skin to grab attention.