• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The New Sponsors

beelzebub

I rang the Demon Shop regarding the arrival of the new Jumpers.

I was told that they were expecting an announcement of the other Joint Sponsor within 2 weeks.

Once that has been announced the sponsors LOGO for the front of the jumper must be approved by the AFL before the jumpers become available.

They anticipate that to be 2 weeks after AFL approval.

Adding up 2 +2 and I get 4 weeks from Monday when I rang.

We may get them about the time of our first Intra Club practice game

I wouldn't imagine that turnaround for printing sponsorship logo on the jumpers would be more than a couple of days, plus 3-4 days for airing.

The jumpers are more than likely ready and finished on the production line, so applying a logo won't take long. The problem is, most factories are closed for between 2-4 weeks now for CNY, so the arrival of these jumpers could take longer than 4 weeks, depending on when the factory manufacturing the goods will get their employees back. It's never definitive in China.

In any case, if we want these ready for NAB Cup, we need this sponsorship deal to be signed, like, yesterday. That gives us enough time to get Vlad's almighty approval of the logo and have the jumpers finished when the factory reopens. And this is all of course based on the assumption that the goods are going to be aired. If we're sea freighting them, you can forget wearing them until at least Round 1 or 2. Pre-clearance for vessels arriving end March is about mid Feb.

I wouldn't imagine that turnaround for printing sponsorship logo on the jumpers would be more than a couple of days, plus 3-4 days for airing.

The jumpers are more than likely ready and finished on the production line, so applying a logo won't take long. The problem is, most factories are closed for between 2-4 weeks now for CNY, so the arrival of these jumpers could take longer than 4 weeks, depending on when the factory manufacturing the goods will get their employees back. It's never definitive in China.

In any case, if we want these ready for NAB Cup, we need this sponsorship deal to be signed, like, yesterday. That gives us enough time to get Vlad's almighty approval of the logo and have the jumpers finished when the factory reopens. And this is all of course based on the assumption that the goods are going to be aired. If we're sea freighting them, you can forget wearing them until at least Round 1 or 2. Pre-clearance for vessels arriving end March is about mid Feb.

Or longer if they're coming via New Zealand or Italy...

I'm really supportive of everyone involved at the club.

For the first time in ages there is vision, talent and passion working towards something.

My only little criticism is that there has been a fair amount of talk before any action.

For example; talking at length about altitude training in China when it is just a prospective possibility. If it doesnt go through, it makes the club look bad.

When they talk about getting a Asian Sponsor then do not announce one for a lengthy period.

Sounds sometimes like the kid in the playground who talks but never follows through.

I'm really supportive of everyone involved at the club.

For the first time in ages there is vision, talent and passion working towards something.

My only little criticism is that there has been a fair amount of talk before any action.

For example; talking at length about altitude training in China when it is just a prospective possibility. If it doesnt go through, it makes the club look bad.

When they talk about getting a Asian Sponsor then do not announce one for a lengthy period.

Sounds sometimes like the kid in the playground who talks but never follows through.

To the club's defence, when did they talk about getting an Asian sponsor? People on here assumed, as CS was in Asia. From memory, that is all.

pretty clearly stated in this Age Article Billy

http://www.theage.co...1207-1oj6c.html

Don't get me wrong though, Scwhab is without doubt a class act CEO, just think we talk too much.

Pretty clearly states that the only comment Schwab made in that article was "I'm hopeful a number of relationships will come of it". One would assume that "a number of relationships" would mean sponsorships, but we, like the journo, are just speculating.

From what I beleive Kaspersky is still a sponsor but just at a smaller investment, maintaining that relationship is vital as their $$$ are just as important as yours and mine.

If CS came and said "We are likely to land a major sponsor out of this", then I'd understand your sentiments. The part about the altitude training isn't something the Club will rush in to, and if it was Mark Neeld/Neil Craig that initiated it, I think the fact that we have already been in talks with Kunming says a lot about how proactive we are. I would expect a task like this would take a considerable amount of time, and would probably expect an announcement toward the end of this season.

Pretty clearly states that the only comment Schwab made in that article was "I'm hopeful a number of relationships will come of it". One would assume that "a number of relationships" would mean sponsorships, but we, like the journo, are just speculating.

From what I beleive Kaspersky is still a sponsor but just at a smaller investment, maintaining that relationship is vital as their $$$ are just as important as yours and mine.

If CS came and said "We are likely to land a major sponsor out of this", then I'd understand your sentiments. The part about the altitude training isn't something the Club will rush in to, and if it was Mark Neeld/Neil Craig that initiated it, I think the fact that we have already been in talks with Kunming says a lot about how proactive we are. I would expect a task like this would take a considerable amount of time, and would probably expect an announcement toward the end of this season.

In the Press if a Group or Person is Cited followed by an argument or standing, it is compulsory that the party Cited has gone on record.

For example billy, if the age Cites "Cameron Scwab" followed by "Cameron Schwab has brushed aside suggestions of lingering regrets over the Demons' 16-day visit to China last year, revealing the trip could have played a part in luring a major sponsor." It must be approved by affore mention Group or Person (Cameron Schwab) before being published.

Secondly, irregardless of whether you think MFC have alluded to this or not. It has well and truly been alluded to.

Edited by mephis

I rang the Demon Shop regarding the arrival of the new Jumpers.

I was told that they were expecting an announcement of the other Joint Sponsor within 2 weeks.

Once that has been announced the sponsors LOGO for the front of the jumper must be approved by the AFL before the jumpers become available.

They anticipate that to be 2 weeks after AFL approval.

Adding up 2 +2 and I get 4 weeks from Monday when I rang.

We may get them about the time of our first Intra Club practice game

Surely we would have logo approval from the AFL before we announce the deal?

That way we would be able to show the jumper with the logo at the time of announcement.

In the Press if a Group or Person is Cited followed by an argument or standing, it is compulsory that the party Cited has gone on record.

For example billy, if the age Cites "Cameron Scwab" followed by "Cameron Schwab has brushed aside suggestions of lingering regrets over the Demons' 16-day visit to China last year, revealing the trip could have played a part in luring a major sponsor." It must be approved by affore mention Group or Person (Cameron Schwab) before being published.

Secondly, irregardless of whether you think MFC have alluded to this or not. It has well and truly been alluded to.

Sorry Memphis, you've lost me on that one!

How I see it is that CS has been quoted on a number of topics, and most likely the article been approved by CS before being published, but I don't believe it alludes to the MFC expecting to name a major sponsir out of the various meetings we/he had in China. We are assuming that sourcing a sponosr of any level would've been part of the conversations, and I'm sure Caroline Wilson is thinking the same as a lot of us on here. Surely she is allowed to publish her opinion based on a quote from CS isn't she? The part about how he is hopeful a number of relationships will come out of it. These relationships could be associated with the potential of us doing high altitude training, so we could be looking at building a relationship with flight companies, technology companies (so we have access to stuff already there rather than taking our own stuff), etc, etc.

The original point I challenged was your comment about the Club looking bad becuase they talked about getting an Asian-based Major Sponsor, and have't announced one yet. I was just after the quote where CS said "we are getting a major sponsor from our Asian dealings". You haven't been able to provide one, you did provide a link that made the public think that we were getting one, when in actual fact, CS was very noncommital about potential sponsors.

While we have been doing a lot of work in China, it is still a very tough market to crack, and as I have said in earlier posts, we cut our teeth with Kaspersky, but that doesn't mean we can expect to get top dollars from bigger companies straight away. If we are seen to be putting back in to the Chinese economy through business relationships (there's that word again) through setting up a long-term higih altitude training base, potential premiership season matches being played, then all of a sudden compaines with bigger dollars will see it as a more solid investment. They will see we're not just in it for the cash grab that some think is readily available, and that we do actually have an interest in how we can help investors in return.

I would say any pending sponsor announcement will be post Tennis and done in conjunction with another highly anticipated announcement in the coming weeks.

Mate if you are refering to the Captain announcement then it is a hell of a wait just to do both together.

If it is not early next week I have a horrible gut feel that we do not yet have the required Sponsor to announce

I would say any pending sponsor announcement will be post Tennis and done in conjunction with another highly anticipated announcement in the coming weeks.

BRFE - What does the tennis have to do with an AFL club announcing a new sponsor? And, as I continually say, other than MFC members and suporters, who else cares? Are you talking maximum coverage/exposure? Well, the diehard AFL fans will read the AFL section of the papers regardless of what other events are on.

If we have more than one announcement, which will obviously happen with the captain to be named, I'd rather we make seperate announcements so that we are in the media for longer, rather than 1 day.

Mate if you are refering to the Captain announcement then it is a hell of a wait just to do both together.

If it is not early next week I have a horrible gut feel that we do not yet have the required Sponsor to announce

Yes if there is no announcements by the AGM i will be concerned. C.S. took that trip to china befoe Christmas. I am confident the talks are continuing but as far as a sponsor, the AGM will give us an answer.

A lot of you must have high blood pressure a lot of stressed people over concerned about this topic . Ok it would be great if we all knew the sponser if we have one, I don't really think we are losing out one merchandising revenue because we don't have the sponser signed away. If it gets announce today tomorrow or mid March as long as he get one who cares.

Surely it's possible, that as part of the deal with our new sponsor, we plan to release the details of the sponsorship at the same time as a big announcement, i.e. the captaincy?

Surely that would be appealing for a sponsor and add value, rather than just a stand alone press conference??

And as such, a compromise might be made with the football dept, in that they won't rush the decision, but they'll push it forward a few weeks? As has already been announced??

I just think there's no need to panic.

There could be perfectly reasonable meaning behind the delay, and even if there isn't, we'll get someone on board eventually.

I mean, Kaspersky were last minute -- were they that bad..?

A lot of you must have high blood pressure a lot of stressed people over concerned about this topic . Ok it would be great if we all knew the sponser if we have one, I don't really think we are losing out one merchandising revenue because we don't have the sponser signed away. If it gets announce today tomorrow or mid March as long as he get one who cares.

It's the money we won't get by not having a sponsor between October and March that's a problem.

We obviously don't have one and that is fine, I hope we get it done soon. But the allusions by some on here to timing of the announcement just makes me roll my eyes - Chinese New Year, the Tennis, the release of the latest Mass Effect game...

And can we put this to rest - the Demon Shop will know we have a sponsor the same day that Twitter does.

• Like 2

I'd guess quicksilver and sugar, old dee.

It is the acquiring that sponsor that is of concern. The time frame is secondary.

Yes if there is no announcements by the AGM i will be concerned. C.S. took that trip to china befoe Christmas. I am confident the talks are continuing but as far as a sponsor, the AGM will give us an answer.

WYL, this whole trip to China has been blown out of proportion, mainly in regards to some posters expectations about the purpose of it.

A lot on here jumped to the conclusion that as we are trying to establish a brand in China, that it should automatically equal instant revenue in terms of sponsorship. There has been a number of China-based companies mentioned as possible investors, but this is based on nothing but guesswork. I reiterate, CS HAS NOT said that we will get a major sponsor from China, not to the best of my knowledge, and I will be happy to stand corrected.

The issue is for us as supporters, we hear one thing, but often don't listen to what is being said. For Schwab to say that he is hopeful that a number of relationships will come out of a visit to China, or that he has visited 6 major cities in as many days, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that we are getting a new Chinese major sponsor on board. In time, it may well, but if you got your hopes up from the outset, and are starting to question why we haven't announced it, maybe you thought wrong (this isn't directed at you WYL).

The other thing that we need to brace ourselves for is that actual amount that a new major sponsor is going to invest. We may get equal to or greater than what Energy Watch paid, which a number on here automatically assume is market value, but in reality, it may not be worth that much. Again, I've said it before on this thread, just because one company believes the BoJ is worth X amount, doens't automatically mean that the FoJ is worth more. It's worth what someone will pay, and while we don't have a FoJ sponsor, that's a big fat zero.

We will have someone pay to get the FoJ spot, it always happens, they may come from China, the may pay more than $1.9m a year. But I'm one of a few that is prepared for something that doesn't tick all the boxes of "what should happen".

• Like 1

WYL, this whole trip to China has been blown out of proportion, mainly in regards to some posters expectations about the purpose of it.

A lot on here jumped to the conclusion that as we are trying to establish a brand in China, that it should automatically equal instant revenue in terms of sponsorship. There has been a number of China-based companies mentioned as possible investors, but this is based on nothing but guesswork. I reiterate, CS HAS NOT said that we will get a major sponsor from China, not to the best of my knowledge, and I will be happy to stand corrected.

The issue is for us as supporters, we hear one thing, but often don't listen to what is being said. For Schwab to say that he is hopeful that a number of relationships will come out of a visit to China, or that he has visited 6 major cities in as many days, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that we are getting a new Chinese major sponsor on board. In time, it may well, but if you got your hopes up from the outset, and are starting to question why we haven't announced it, maybe you thought wrong (this isn't directed at you WYL).

The other thing that we need to brace ourselves for is that actual amount that a new major sponsor is going to invest. We may get equal to or greater than what Energy Watch paid, which a number on here automatically assume is market value, but in reality, it may not be worth that much. Again, I've said it before on this thread, just because one company believes the BoJ is worth X amount, doens't automatically mean that the FoJ is worth more. It's worth what someone will pay, and while we don't have a FoJ sponsor, that's a big fat zero.

We will have someone pay to get the FoJ spot, it always happens, they may come from China, the may pay more than $1.9m a year. But I'm one of a few that is prepared for something that doesn't tick all the boxes of "what should happen".

Well aware of what CS was doing in China....The Sponsorship was always a fingers crossed situation...i still believe it can happen, although the Global Downturn is not helping the cause i would think.

I still hope something will be announced at the AGM.