Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about formulas, base camps or Tiger supporters.

I don't care about supporters that question loyalties.

I care about this club.

And whatever happens over the next 72 hours is not the death of the club, but a challenge.

I hope Tom stays, as he obviously hasn't signed, but if he doesn't - we move on.

I don't care about formulas, base camps or Tiger supporters.

I don't care about supporters that question loyalties.

I care about this club.

And whatever happens over the next 72 hours is not the death of the club, but a challenge.

I hope Tom stays, as he obviously hasn't signed, but if he doesn't - we move on.

Wow, I extend an olive branch and you can't even magnanimously accept it.

Did you not register the tone of my previous post? I'm a Demon supporter ... just like you!

But if you want to keep stubbornly battling on ... fine.

"Obviously hasn't signed" .... lol

Wow, I extend an olive branch and you can't even magnanimously accept it.

Did you not register the tone of my previous post? I'm a Demon supporter ... just like you!

But if you want to keep stubbornly battling on ... fine.

"Obviously hasn't signed" .... lol

Get over yourself, RR.

The tone of this latest aspect of this awful thread was hijacked by Diablo Demon - I don't like being told I am the reason for our 'plight' by appeasing patheticness.

I also still have issues with your accusations, obviously.

I don't like Demons questioning the loyalty of other Demons.

Sue me.

I have been magnanimous enough.

I believe Scully is gone, but interesting to see Blease (his inseperable best mate) in The Age today respond to the question, "which young player from your club will catch peoples' eyes next year".

his answer: "Tom Scully"

Sadly, it looks like he'll be catching eyes in another jumper.

he's gone so we just move on, one of the picks we get could be a superstar. I'm so sick of this shyte, l'll be glad when he announces it tomorrow, will be [censored] off for a minute or two then just think of the future. No matter what any of the media(especially Paul Roos or Greg Denham who seem to have a real hatred of the MFC) or supporters of other clubs say, we have got a very good young list who will be top four by 2014. In that time Scully and his mates would be lucky to win a total of 10 games.

Get over yourself, RR.

The tone of this latest aspect of this awful thread was hijacked by Diablo Demon - I don't like being told I am the reason for our 'plight' by appeasing patheticness.

Sue me.

Fair enough. When you see him the charcoal jumper, perhaps that'll ease the angst a bit.

I don't want to sue you. I want to give you a hug.

Scully 'certain' to sign with GWS

the Demons 2009 priority pick has all but decided to move to Sydney.

WAT o_O

Also, where is the quote with 'certain' in it?

How the hell do these journalists get their jobs?

And what make me froth at the mouth is this bit from Caro...

While all parties continue to insist no deal has been done, Scully's Velocity Management boss Alastair Lynch came close to revealing on Fox Sports two nights ago that Scully would make his decision to join the new club in coming days after a tour of the club.

You can watch Lynch as many times as you like - the only thing he came clsoe to revealing was that the decision would be made by the end of the week - and at no stage was a tour of the club mentioned. That was HS revelation yesterday the no one at GWS had any knowledge of.

In no way shape or form did Lynch reveal that a decision has been made either way.

Now - I again will not debate whether or not the deal is done, not done, signed, not signed, in concrete months ago, undecided as of yesterday. That is all opinion and we all have our own - fine.

It just gives me the irrates that what Lynch said on AFL insider is in the public domain for all to see and Caro reports on it and makes up stuff that was just not said. Hack journalism to the extreme.

Edit - I have no problem with article except for that - it is her opinion - I have written to her - I dont expect a reply.

Edited by nutbean

Get over yourself, RR.

Sue me.

You, telling someone else to get over themselves? lol

Maybe, just maybe you are wrong and Diablo and RR are right.

I know Caro isn't hugely popular, but it seems strange of her to suddenly say it's a done deal/certain etc when all year she has been sitting on the fence.

The article worries me, but it won't be long before Scully's future is made official. In fact, I've been glued to the computer all day waiting for news. Maybe the thread should be locked until an announcement is made, I'm sick of checking back every 5 minutes to see the same old faces arguing ;-)

Get over it will you!

Scully could/will be a good player but the MFC is damned if they do damned if they dont!

Pay way over the odds for a 20yo yet to establish himself & [censored] off the rest of the playing group who are willing to play for a lot less!

Let him go & the MFC are branded as weak & not capable of retaining players

Why has Trengove extended his contract? if anything has played a lot better etc.

Remember the team is bigger than the individual!

As I posted before Demetriou & co are to blame for this not players & clubs. If they are talking about creating a level playing field why not give all teams the same tools to work with???

I know Caro isn't hugely popular, but it seems strange of her to suddenly say it's a done deal/certain etc when all year she has been sitting on the fence.

The article worries me, but it won't be long before Scully's future is made official. In fact, I've been glued to the computer all day waiting for news. Maybe the thread should be locked until an announcement is made, I'm sick of checking back every 5 minutes to see the same old faces arguing ;-)

Hahaha this is exactly the same as me!!!

(puts on Joy Division CD)

Yes. Kill everyone. Burn everything. Everything is pointless.

Meanwhile outside, the sun is shining (but one day the earth will plunge into it).

Fade to black ......

I like your approach.

Sitting in Dubai airport and have taken a vow to not return to Oz til issue resolved.

UAE officials threaten 150 lashes if I fail to exit the country but:

A vow is a vow

Of course if someone would only tell me what the answer is, a lot of needless pain could be avoided.

Anyone at all?

Get over it will you!

Scully could/will be a good player but the MFC is damned if they do damned if they dont!

Pay way over the odds for a 20yo yet to establish himself & [censored] off the rest of the playing group who are willing to play for a lot less!

Let him go & the MFC are branded as weak & not capable of retaining players

Why has Trengove extended his contract? if anything has played a lot better etc.

Remember the team is bigger than the individual!

As I posted before Demetriou & co are to blame for this not players & clubs. If they are talking about creating a level playing field why not give all teams the same tools to work with???

Disagree that Demetriou & co are to blame.

Yes they set the rules and have given GWS a lot of incentives to lure players. But in the end it is the player that makes the decision whether to or not based on circumstances.

Saying Demetriou & co are to blame is like saying steve jobs is to blame for you having an expensive phone bill. Yes people set the rules and the "incentives", but at the end of the day it is the individual that makes the decision and choice.

All in all, if someone offered me up to 5x what I currently get paid, to do what I do now for 5 years and all I'd have to do is move to Sydney...I'm fairly sure I can deal with the "pain" of living in Sydney.

Edited by demon-4-life

anybody notice Blease retweeted the following - outlining the fact that he mentioned Scully as his choice to watch at the Dees next year in the Age?

RT @elliotswart: See pic - 5. Which young player from YOUR CLUB will catch people's eye next year? Good answer @Sam_Blease t.co/heBfD03

Blease is sending us all a message..

..or its total crap :)

anybody notice Blease retweeted the following - outlining the fact that he mentioned Scully as his choice to watch at the Dees next year in the Age?

RT @elliotswart: See pic - 5. Which young player from YOUR CLUB will catch people's eye next year? Good answer @Sam_Blease t.co/heBfD03

Blease is sending us all a message..

..or its total crap :)

I saw that, was gonna post it here but I think we are clutching at straws. Then again he is his best mate....

I can see it happening in around 24 hours ...

We lose a first draft pick after investing two years into him and in return ... we'll get bubkes (aka bugger all).

Thanks Demetriou.

WJ are you suggesting we will not get reasonable draft pick / picks as compensation.

Now that would be an chance to see how much fire is in the belly of MFC members.

I can see it happening in around 24 hours ...

We lose a first draft pick after investing two years into him and in return ... we'll get bubkes (aka bugger all).

Thanks Demetriou.

Scully is younger than Ward and Palmer, will get paid more and went earlier in the draft. He is quite clearly worth more compensation than them. But it's difficult to argue he's worth more than Ablett - a proven champion with at least 5 years left. We wont get more than the Ablett compensation, we should aim for the Ablett compensation, it's probably not enough but say we could trade it to GWS for pick 1 in the U17 draft then we'd have lost 3 years of player development. It's not ideal but I can live with that.

Guest Gareth Keenan

WJ are you suggesting we will not get reasonable draft pick / picks as compensation.

Now that would be an chance to see how much fire is in the belly of MFC members.

Seriously, I have all the fire in the world in my belly... but realistically, what can we actually do as supporters?

If I hear any good suggestions, I'll be onto it like a madman.