Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Its seems michievious at best , the originating post ( on BF ) and scurrelous rubbish at worst. In reposting it you wil lhave to assume responsibility also..

I and others have put our case..based on observations. It points in one direction.

Still all will eventually come to a head I guess.

There are actually certain facts.. What there isnt is a public announcement. Soon

Who are you or I to say it is scurrelous or otherwise? And because I choose to offer it up for discussion, it makes me responsible? You were not discussing it... you were discussing my motives for posting it. Get off your high horse ffs!

What are the "facts" that you claim to have?... the only facts that I am aware of are that both GWS and MFC have tabled offers. What observations are you basing your "case" on? The $ amount? The scurrelous comments of dodgy reporters? The equally scurrelous comments of certain posters on here who all but accuse TS of lying?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you or I to say it is scurrelous or otherwise? And because I choose to offer it up for discussion, it makes me responsible? You were not discussing it... you were discussing my motives for posting it. Get off your high horse ffs!

What are the "facts" that you claim to have?... the only facts that I am aware of are that both GWS and MFC have tabled offers. What observations are you basing your "case" on? The $ amount? The scurrelous comments of dodgy reporters? The equally scurrelous comments of certain posters on here who all but accuse TS of lying?

Well ..heres news for you..if you repeat , repost something from another source then you in effect takea a responsibility for it where you post it. Youre getting a little rattled arent you.

I didnt say there were a lot of facts.. just some. You did quite a good job of relaying some of them actually.

.There are facts as you suggest relating to offers by both clubs. There is also the fact that Tom has preferred and been allowed to defer a decision to a date of his own making. . Theres the fact there was a window of opportunity for GWS to offer and sign last October This without the need to publicise it with the AFLs blessiing ( should it have taken place) .

Fact , Stynes was sufficently suspicious of what was transpsiring he suggested people were effectively being forced to lie.

Fact. Sylvangi adnmitted Scullys' mamagement had been approached last year.

Fact.. GWS had approached players throughout this year despite it being off limits.

Fact it continured to do so despite it being publicised. How can they?, its agaisnt the spirit of the instruction.

Fact AFL did/does nothing. Why not ?

Also fact both sides of fence suggest inside sources admitting to definite knowledge. The fact is the suggestion , not the contents.Its a subtelty not understood by some. Clearly both sides cant be right.

The observation is how anyone lineates these occurences. I see a pattern. You might not, or yours might be different (Probably)

People Lie. Tom says hes not. Im not sure his management could make that claim. That or its spiining too fast for the eye to see.

Interesting isnt it.

Same guy telling everyone we have Scully signed on Big Footy said he re-signed with us in August which is obviously BS. What's better news is supposedly (I haven't heard the interview) Jones said on radio Tom has changed his holiday plans to attend the Bluey. Why would he do this if he was gone?

I am as interested as any other demons fan, but PLEAZ don't tell me the club won't be as good if not beter off if sculls leaves.

I'm a massive Scully fan and will be no matter where he plays his footy but "we" including Tom will be better off when we know his future.

For the sake if the Melbourne footy club (1st) and Tom (2nd) and the members & supporters (3rd), please make an anouncement one way or another.

I am as interested as any other demons fan, but PLEAZ don't tell me the club won't be as good if not beter off if sculls leaves.

I'm a massive Scully fan and will be no matter where he plays his footy but "we" including Tom will be better off when we know his future.

For the sake if the Melbourne footy club (1st) and Tom (2nd) and the members & supporters (3rd), please make an anouncement one way or another.

It's a big decision. What if he genuinely hasn't made up his mind yet? What if he's concerned about the personal backlash that might occur because he knows the club he might be leaving would be severely disadvantaged because of the compensation rules? He's supposed to have told teammates how much he loves the place and wants to be a one club player. Loyalty and integrity are still important considerations that have to be weighed up.

The money on offer might not compensate him for the loss of friendships and the distance from a closely knit family.

More important, a professional footballer develops his own brand and that's something that will sit for him for his football lifetime and beyond. The money isn't always everything.

Scully 'certain' to sign with GWS

the Demons 2009 priority pick has all but decided to move to Sydney.

Anyone know why this article from Mrs reliable only yesterday is not available via the Melbourne "club" page on The Age website? It appears under Caro's banner only. The Wilson article from 5 days earlier stating that Tom was undecided is still on the club page B)

Well ..heres news for you..if you repeat , repost something from another source then you in effect takea a responsibility for it where you post it. Youre getting a little rattled arent you.

Rattled? No, not really... just a bit nonplussed by your insistence that I am responsible for spreading "scurrilous" material, when it is in fact information that may or may not be true; (and I suggest you look up the dictionary definition of the word "scurrilous" as I think you will find it applies to a large number of posts on this site that are making all sorts of claims and aspersions regarding Scully's character).

I didnt say there were a lot of facts.. just some. You did quite a good job of relaying some of them actually.

There are facts as you suggest relating to offers by both clubs. There is also the fact that Tom has preferred and been allowed to defer a decision to a date of his own making. . Theres the fact there was a window of opportunity for GWS to offer and sign last October This without the need to publicise it with the AFLs blessiing ( should it have taken place).

Yet the fact remains that he did not sign as is evidenced by comments from Scully, his management, and GWS.

Fact Conjecture, Stynes was sufficently suspicious of what was transpsiring he suggested people were effectively being forced to lie. Yes he made the comment, but there is no proof it was made in direct reference to Scully's position (as evidenced by the fact he is yet to sign anything and the rumours were that he had already signed)... it was more a response to the media frenzy.

Fact. Sylvangi adnmitted Scullys' mamagement had been approached last year. Fact, Scully has steadfastly claimed he has not been approached... what goes on between his management and GWS is between them and is most likely nothing that any good manager would not be doing.

Fact.. GWS had approached players throughout this year despite it being off limits. Fact, Scully has steadfastly claimed he has not been approached.

Fact it continured to do so despite it being publicised. How can they?, its agaisnt the spirit of the instruction. Fact, this has no bearing on the Scully instance as he has steadfastly claimed he has not been approached.

Fact AFL did/does nothing. Why not ? Fact, this has no bearing on the Scully instance as he has steadfastly claimed he has not been approached.

So, unless you are making "scurrilous" (there's that word again) claims regarding Scully's character and accusing him of being a liar, most of those "facts" are completely irrelevant.

Also fact both sides of fence suggest inside sources admitting to definite knowledge. The fact is the suggestion , not the contents.Its a subtelty not understood by some. Clearly both sides cant be right.

Facts can also be used like statistics... they can bend the truth in both directions.

The observation is how anyone lineates these occurences. I see a pattern. You might not, or yours might be different (Probably)

Everyone sees what they want to see. I see nothing... as I have previously stated, I choose to take Scully at his word and wait to see what eventuates; I know it's probably an old fashioned notion, but I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "innocent until proven guilty".

People Lie. Tom says hes not. Im not sure his management could make that claim. That or its spiining too fast for the eye to see.

Interesting isnt it.

Time will tell.

Edited by hardtack

Same guy telling everyone we have Scully signed on Big Footy said he re-signed with us in August which is obviously BS. What's better news is supposedly (I haven't heard the interview) Jones said on radio Tom has changed his holiday plans to attend the Bluey. Why would he do this if he was gone?

Given the Best and Fairest is on 23 September his decision will be well and truly known by then. If he goes to GWS then he sure as hell should not be welcome at the best and fairest. End of story.

Mate of mine was in the audience for The Footy Show last night. Said Garry and Sam stayed around for about 30 mins after the show to answer questions. Garry was asked when he'd know about Tom and if he thought he would sign, and he said "look I expect we'll know next week".

So I'd be surprised if we heard anything today.

Mate of mine was in the audience for The Footy Show last night. Said Garry and Sam stayed around for about 30 mins after the show to answer questions. Garry was asked when he'd know about Tom and if he thought he would sign, and he said "look I expect we'll know next week".

So I'd be surprised if we heard anything today.

Totally agree although this was posted earlier on BF let's hope it's true or we will be at 5000 posts by the announcement...

Yep congratulations are in order to you guy's I have just heard on very good authority, from someone from gws he has turned down the gws offer. I don't know when this will be confirmed but gws were hoping to have a presser on tuesday but were informed at 4.30 this afternoon that he will not be taking up the offer. I can see the egg on faces now, anyway congratulations if that's the young man's wishes I respect him

Totally agree although this was posted earlier on BF let's hope it's true or we will be at 5000 posts by the announcement...

Yep congratulations are in order to you guy's I have just heard on very good authority, from someone from gws he has turned down the gws offer. I don't know when this will be confirmed but gws were hoping to have a presser on tuesday but were informed at 4.30 this afternoon that he will not be taking up the offer. I can see the egg on faces now, anyway congratulations if that's the young man's wishes I respect him

That's a huge call.. as good as it sounds for us i think everyone involved with this will wait for an official statement either by the Dees or GWS before putting to bed the most exhausting episode in the clubs history since 1996.

I'm going to step in to bat here for Bezelbub. Like others, I re-posted the Big Footy quote in mock jest (at least I hope they did) but it seems people actually do take the anonymous 'inside words' from a football forum poster seriously.

They shouldn't. It's disingenuous to lump a quote from an anonymous poster with anonymous sources in with quotes from journalists who's names are known and who have known, established contacts in the football industry. Even Kim Hagdorn, seemingly at the very bottom of that tree, can claim that.

If anything Hardtack, it makes your stance look ridiculously weak to put up such offerings and suggest that they are 'interesting'. They're not interesting. They're meaningless. As meaningless as the joke thread started by Chook on Scully signing with the MFC this morning.

Same goes for anyone who regards anything 'Wolfmother' has said on the matter to carry any weight on proceeedings in this thread.

Edited by Range Rover

Same goes for anyone who regards anything 'Wolfmother' has said on the matter to carry any weight on proceeedings in this thread.

The only known person on here who actually speaks to Tom about such things. Good on RR, keep burying your head further into the sand. He has much more reason to know something than a self serving journo with the "inside word" from some other self serving person with the "inside word" from another self serv..... you get my drift. At least he knows Tom and speaks to him, has dinner with him etc.

Edit: That is not to say I take what he says with gospel, but it carries a tiny bit more weight than anonymous "word"

Edited by Kento80