Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Why do i go for this football club?

deanbarber

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was just wondering the same thing myself. we are one of the few clubs who lose complete confidence on our home ground with greater support and we get a few goals down.

commentators were already saying 'rabble' and 'coming apart' 10 minutes into the second when really why should we be ? suddenly we get sapped of all confidence when the momentum is against us. what are we - pathetic ?

I do wonder. we go to the draft and get truckloads of talent then suddenly cannot improve in our 4th year of rebuild. not only that but we are officially worse than last year.

I have officially given my 3 young children the green light to support whatever club they want, and not the team I do.

I am so over this garbage. We are no better than we were 3 years ago.

I shouldn't even watch it because it puts me in such a bad mood, but i somehow still just sit there infuriated watching this crap unfold.

If anyone from the MFC is monitoring this site, let it be known you are losing future members FAST!!!

BTW, to the commentators, the Eagles have not been that good. We are pathetic and have handed them more than half their goals on a platter.

What on earth has happened to them in 12 months?

They are like headless effing chooks, effing embarrassing!!!

For the life of me I don't know why I keep up this masochistic habit following this mob. They are such a distant team to the one I started following 56 years ago.

Lack of basic skills, lack of tactical nous, lack of football brains.

If they hire Rodney Eade to be coach, that will see me off I'm afraid. Having Scott West is more than enough Bulldog influence for me

Some of the comments on this post I agree with, for me it is the same garbage, different names of the team sheets. I do not expect this team or any other Melbourne team to challenge for a flag.

Membership will be shot for next year.

Had this same discussion at the Presidents lunch with a few people on our table. Clearly we benefited from have a strong 50-60's and have a lot of people in there 50-60's going for the club. Going forward its all about success and the supporters will follow and come up. The issue is we were saying is when Melbourne lose they are embarrassing. They rarely have a red hot crack for more than ten minutes in games. The presidents lunch was ok, nothing really to write home about but everyone is relying on Jimmy Stynes all the time.

Stuffed if I know.

Like I need more pain and misery in life. This is without doubt as low as I've ever felt as a Melbourne supporter, and by a mile too... and I watched every single game between 2007-2009.

Edited by Jaded

Can't understand how people can feel worse after today's game than after any of the previous 3.

Yeah me too. This week was no where near as bad as the last couple.

We are in a much better position than we were 3 years ago. All our best players have the best years ahead of them.

Things can turn around pretty quick in football. Just look at west coast.

The good times are coming. And all the bad times are just going to make them all the more sweeter.

We need to look at the positives ( i know its hard)

1. 5 million debt cleared with money in the bank

2. Record membership

3 Record sponsorship & with new one in 2011 for 1.9mill(reported)

4 New state of the art training facilities ( remember junction oval)

5 Building young list

6 fixing off field issues/appoint new football manager

7 Appointing a good coach will be easier with the above in place. Remember Bailey was low paid could not afford much in 08

obviously im not going to be changing clubs. but why do i still follow this 'football club'?

We follow this club because we know nothing else, and as much as this season hurts, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I posted similar hopeless murmurings after the West Coast debacle earlier in the season, and walked away, and as much as it drives me crazy, I can't help but continually take an interest in what's going on at the MFC, and I can't shake the emotional attachment I've grown to this club over my 30 years of support.

Today was the second game I've gone to this season, and the first since declaring I couldn't take this [censored] anymore and would walk away. And today, I left with hope, and resolve.

We have players who aren't going to make it. If you can't kick, you have no place on an AFL list. Bartram and Morton, good luck. Bate, Warnock, thanks for the efforts, in another era, you might have been champions, and to the rest, I'm sure they know all to well, come to play and come to play soon, or you'll be looking for work elsewhere.

West Coast were a joke last year. Worst disposal in the comp by a long way. Now they have a great game plan, and confidence to match and they are a potential top 4 threat. They are organised... we are miles from it

Our game plan; all the hard yards put in over last preseason...the best it can deliver against a top 4 team is an 8 goal loss. Today at least, we had a crack. Any thought that you can carry players with sh1thouse disposal is folly.

The names I've names are the obvious; there will be plenty of others to fall by the wayside. and we will come again. A good coach will make a huge impression on this group and club, and it's time we source the best. And when training starts, we'll all be looking for reports on how the kids are getting bigger and better, how anyone could have written off Jack Watts, questioning his #1 status. We'll see how not having Grimes in defence had a huge impact, that it's great to see Aussie running around, Jurrah doing things that he, Cyril, and no-one else can do, and Green, relieved of his captaincy and it's burden, re-invigorated responds to a younger more capable leadership group taking the leadership by the horns and running with it.

And to Tom Scully...If you spent as much time trying to get the football and improving your skills and your team, rather than demanding a contract way beyond your current ability and output, you would have my respect. But you don't. 19 yr olds should concentrate on playing football and nothing else. I hope you're successful, but know you won't be because you lack the nous to have never allowed yourself to be put into this position, and this sort of decision making will haunt you until you retire an unfulfilled 'could have been' who held a football club to ransom with the sort of greed that has no place in a successful team, and struggled to deliver anything with a group of young guns who play their hearts out for GWS because that's who drafted them... not who offered them the biggest contract.

To Jack Trengove... Respect.

Bring on 2012

5 Building young list

who?

Jurrah's lost interest

Grimes can't get on the park

Scully is off to GWS

Morton just plain sucks

These guys are supposed to be our future headliners, apart from Watts and Trengove we have NOBODY

Then you look at the later pick guys like Blease, Gysberts, Bennell, Jetta, Maric, Wonaeamirri.. they are all [censored]

We are stuffed

who?

Jurrah's lost interest

Grimes can't get on the park

Scully is off to GWS

Morton just plain sucks

These guys are supposed to be our future headliners, apart from Watts and Trengove we have NOBODY

Then you look at the later pick guys like Blease, Gysberts, Bennell, Jetta, Maric, Wonaeamirri.. they are all [censored]

We are stuffed

What's wrong with Gys, Blease and Jetta?

Gys is what Morton should have been.

Jetta gets 10 tackles every time he plays.

Blease has done nothing wrong but have his leg snapped.

The nobodies we have are Green, Sylvia, Bate etc - our senior guys who are the anti-Judds: they never fail to not have an impact on games.

The problem with Melbourne (and has been for many years) is we have way too many SOFT footballers. Guys like Morton, Dunn, Davey and these types are not prepared to put their heads over the footy when needed. Too often these guys get pushed off the footy or over run it and are always chasing. Its time to stop playing these guys and continue to play "goers" like Blease, Tapscott and Trengove etc....

If we can't eliminate this from our game style we will never be anything but a bottom 8 side.

What's wrong with Gys, Blease and Jetta?

Gys is what Morton should have been.

Jetta gets 10 tackles every time he plays.

Blease has done nothing wrong but have his leg snapped.

The nobodies we have are Green, Sylvia, Bate etc - our senior guys who are the anti-Judds: they never fail to not have an impact on games.

pft thats what everyone said about White, Yze, Bruce.. 'don't worry, when the hardnuts like McLean and Sylvia mature we will be a force again'

i'm getting very sick of that tune

Can't understand how people can feel worse after today's game than after any of the previous 3.

I'm not feeling worse, I'm feeling the same level of disgust and general apathy today as I have for the past 4 weeks.

As a whole this is the most disappointing, gut wrenching, heartbreaking season I can remember.

Jack Trengove, Jack Watts, James Frawley, Jordie McKenzie and Jeremy Howe. 5 players that get me through nearly each week (and Grimes when he's alive), but not much else is right now.

i haven't missed watching a game in many years, last week i gave it a complete wideberth, today the telly was off at half time

absolutely fed up

Must admit I am with you here. I barely missed a game from 2006 to 2010 but I am not as desperate to see us play anymore after some of our efforts this year (admittedly I have an 18 month old that makes it a little harder to get to all games). I used to hurt badly after every loss but this year since the very early rounds, has been a massive disappointment, and I guess now I`m in my 40`s and so used to being devastated by the team that I do not put my heart on the line as much as I used to.

I was prepared to give us some slack during the early days of our re-build (08 and 09 in particular) but we should be seeing some results by now, not going backwards. Today certainly was not disgraceful by any stretch, just somewhat predictable when you have a leadership group as pathetic as ours.

Hg45. Because it comes AFTER the last 2 weeks. No response. No hey let's get some pride back. Just [censored] it I can't be [censored] running back into defence. Na I CBf laying a shepherd. Drives me nuts.

Nah, I won't tackle with intent I'll just give his boobs a slap as he goes past, that'll stuff 'im! Plus, boobs.