Changes for next week

Eth

Cannot comprehend how everyone is laying blame on the backman. When the ball is run into the backline as quick as it was there was no chance for the youngsters of Tapscott, Strauss and Nicholson to have any chance. The blame has to lie with the forwards for one of the weakest displays of forward pressure and being accountable i've ever seen and the midfielders for not helping out one bit.

Makes me sick that 2 20 year olds in Nicholson and Strauss are the one's being made accountable for what happened yesterday. It's a joke and it sums up MFC at the moment. Passing off the blame to the next person along the line.

Bull****

In Joel Macdonald (if right - I can never understand him not being picked when available) Tom McDonald, Troy Davis, Max Gawn, Bartram, Davey, Warnock in.

Out - pull em out of a hat ex Jordie and Watts, but list should include a number of senior players and a few of our midgets.

I think everyone who played in that loss should have to play again this week to show they have the heart and the will to compete and turn it around.

The only person who should be removed is green as a statement.

OUT: Green

IN: Scully (don't care whether his knee is good/bad, or if he is or isn't going to GWS)

Writing was on the wall on Thursday night.. After we got smacked by the Hawks we drop ONE player and that was the bloke that spent 20mins on the ground. It's a joke the players have never been sent a message to say that it's unacceptable for our loses this year. Big names need to roll and we need to play blokes that wanna change the clubs trend because I'm sick of being labeled a club with no heart or spine

I said this on thursday night.

10 goal loss, and not the first and you make one change?

I think everyone who played in that loss should have to play again this week to show they have the heart and the will to compete and turn it around.

The only person who should be removed is green as a statement.

OUT: Green

IN: Scully (don't care whether his knee is good/bad, or if he is or isn't going to GWS)

After the second biggest loss in the history of the game and you make one change.

how could whoever you put in be worse.

GC / port have not had a result half as bad as this.

Poor starts but then they fight it out.

we tossed it in from the first bounce.

Guest Guy Rigoni

Cannot comprehend how everyone is laying blame on the backman. When the ball is run into the backline as quick as it was there was no chance for the youngsters of Tapscott, Strauss and Nicholson to have any chance. The blame has to lie with the forwards for one of the weakest displays of forward pressure and being accountable i've ever seen and the midfielders for not helping out one bit.

Makes me sick that 2 20 year olds in Nicholson and Strauss are the one's being made accountable for what happened yesterday. It's a joke and it sums up MFC at the moment. Passing off the blame to the next person along the line.

Bull****

this x1000, no doubt anyone or all of Strauss, Nicholson, Maric will be dropped this week after the consistantly pathetic efforts of our 'leaders' and senior players.

It is disgraceful that time and time again the blame for our performance always will go back to the 19 and 20 year olds, the club has yet to and will never make Moloney, Green, Jurrah etc accountable.

I knew this would be a problem...

Surely we set a record today for biggest combined losing margin for an AFL side and its VFL affiliate. 300-odd points.

Assume you're correct on that one.

Other times our seniors and reserves both lost by 100 on the same day:

http://demonwiki.org/Round+19+1978

http://demonwiki.org/Round+21+1983

Next week is most likely the final chance that Bailey will get to beat a Victorian team other then the Tigers or Bombers. Thats if he get to coach next week. For mine we will win next week.

Of course if we win it will only make this week worse, if thats possible.

Next week is most likely the final chance that Bailey will get to beat a Victorian team other then the Tigers or Bombers. Thats if he get to coach next week. For mine we will win next week.

Of course if we win it will only make this week worse, if thats possible.

Carlton will beat us by 10+ goals next week, forget revenge for the comment most of our players are as weak as [censored] so the comment is irrefutable.

Ok I took my time to venture back to this forum after the happenings in Geelong... but in all seriousness now:

OUT: Bate (GONE!), Nicholson (general soreness / rest), Maric

IN: Davey (some skill!), Bartram (some vigor!!), Scully (???)

- Pending Lynden Dunn's kidney punch to Chapman...

- Maric safe if Scully not yet fit.

interesting to note the 'band wagon' calling for Bartram and McDonald to be brought in now. Where were they when suggesting that we only play the players assumed to be part of our next premiership team??? Especially the posters who rubbished my post on the team selection from Thursday!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm over this mob of selectors! If every player had half the guts and desire that Bartram does, we would be premiership favourites! I know he can turn it over more often than not, but at least he has a go. And before he got injured he was one of very few who were smart enough to be trying to break the lines and get over the press when he had the footy.

Coming off an ordinary performance, he should have gone straight back in. I hope Johnson, Christenson, Varcoe, Stokes and Chapman have an absolute field day, so they start to recognise Bartram's significance to our team. Fair dinkum, Strauss will have 8 kicked on him!

Rings true now huh?!

Play the blokes with some pride, for GODS sake!

Edited by Back Flanker

Ok I took my time to venture back to this forum after the happenings in Geelong... but in all seriousness now:

OUT: Bate (GONE!), Nicholson (general soreness / rest), Maric

IN: Davey (some skill!), Bartram (some vigor!!), Scully (???)

- Pending Lynden Dunn's kidney punch to Chapman...

- Maric safe if Scully not yet fit.

I don't want to particularly get stuck into you, but WTF sort of message are those changes going to give the players?

Bate fine, but Nicholson and Maric are inexperienced kids. They are not to blame for what happened yesterday.

Every single player in the leadership group who played yesterday should get the boot this week, especially Brad Green.

You cannot lose by 186 points and drop one fringe player and two kids and leave Green (1 disposal til half time), Moloney (0 disposals then subbed), Jamar (injured or not, he was poor), Rivers (talk is cheap) etc etc all in the team.

You can argue that they need to redeem themselves, but I'd argue that I rather see us lose next week with a bunch of kids who actually want to play for this club, than win because these half hearted senior players are feeling the pressure to perform for a week.

They embarrassed our club and the jumper, so they should be embarrassed by having to run around in the VFL for a week or two.

When was the last time we showed some balls and dropped under performing senior players? It's like we are back in the days of Yze and Bruce getting easy games because the coach was too scared to drop them.

I don't want to particularly get stuck into you, but WTF sort of message are those changes going to give the players?

Bate fine, but Nicholson and Maric are inexperienced kids. They are not to blame for what happened yesterday.

Every single player in the leadership group who played yesterday should get the boot this week, especially Brad Green.

You cannot lose by 186 points and drop one fringe player and two kids and leave Green (1 disposal til half time), Moloney (0 disposals then subbed), Jamar (injured or not, he was poor), Rivers (talk is cheap) etc etc all in the team.

You can argue that they need to redeem themselves, but I'd argue that I rather see us lose next week with a bunch of kids who actually want to play for this club, than win because these half hearted senior players are feeling the pressure to perform for a week.

They embarrassed our club and the jumper, so they should be embarrassed by having to run around in the VFL for a week or two.

When was the last time we showed some balls and dropped under performing senior players? It's like we are back in the days of Yze and Bruce getting easy games because the coach was too scared to drop them.

Dude... have a look at Daveytrain's in's/out's above. Those guys are the ones most would like to see omitted at present. If we could have it our way, we'd throw out all 22 players FFS!!! Fact is, we need a team out there to play footy for us.

- Nicholson has strung 3+ games together and is now looking tired and making horrendous mistakes.

- Bate is just not moving forward at all. He's a man in dire straits.

- Maric is bloody incinsistent and looks better in VFL not unlike M. Warnock.

- Davey and Scully NEED to come in, so two NEED to go out. Bartram offers what was NOT present on the weekend, and that's aggression and vigor!

HAPPY WITH MY JUSTIFICATIONS???? We're all pi$$ed off right now and I don't have to list my reasonings for my changes... but I believe I am justified in what I say.

Bottom line: With in's that need to come in, there needs to be bloody corresponding out's and when you lose by 186 points the week prior, I'm sorry but some players will need to just go.

Dude... have a look at Daveytrain's in's/out's above. Those guys are the ones most would like to see omitted at present. If we could have it our way, we'd throw out all 22 players FFS!!! Fact is, we need a team out there to play footy for us.

- Nicholson has strung 3+ games together and is now looking tired and making horrendous mistakes.

- Bate is just not moving forward at all. He's a man in dire straits.

- Maric is bloody incinsistent and looks better in VFL not unlike M. Warnock.

- Davey and Scully NEED to come in, so two NEED to go out. Bartram offers what was NOT present on the weekend, and that's aggression and vigor!

HAPPY WITH MY JUSTIFICATIONS???? We're all pi$$ed off right now and I don't have to list my reasonings for my changes... but I believe I am justified in what I say.

Bottom line: With in's that need to come in, there needs to be bloody corresponding out's and when you lose by 186 points the week prior, I'm sorry but some players will need to just go.

Bate had nearly as many possessions in a half as Green did in the whole game and bate kicked one of our seven goals; how come you can't find room for him in the side but you can for Green?

Green has been one of my favourite players over the years, but even he must consider his game yesterday totally unacceptable.

Bate had nearly as many possessions in a half as Green did in the whole game and bate kicked one of our seven goals; how come you can't find room for him in the side but you can for Green?

Green has been one of my favourite players over the years, but even he must consider his game yesterday totally unacceptable.

EVERYONE'S game was "unacceptable", bar McKenzie...

Do you want to omit the other 21??? It just can't happen. The team we had on the park is not dissimilar to most other weeks (in wins and losses).

Simply, Davey and Scully MUST come in (Scully fit??).

Green is the captain and with that comes automatic inclusion. Duh. He offers more than just football ability but on-field leadership... most weeks.

EVERYONE'S game was "unacceptable", bar McKenzie...

Do you want to omit the other 21??? It just can't happen. The team we had on the park is not dissimilar to most other weeks (in wins and losses).

Simply, Davey and Scully MUST come in (Scully fit??).

Green is the captain and with that comes automatic inclusion. Duh. He offers more than just football ability but on-field leadership... most weeks.

What I'm saying, Duh, is it shouldn't, no player should be able to serve up that [censored] and still get a game and Green has been round long enough to realise it.

Of corse they won't, but then again that's another problem in itself, we will keep playing the same guys over and over ala Danners and wonder why we continue to get the same results.

"Jamar (injured or not, he was poor),"

Interesting comment. All Australian last year and deservedly so, but this year ? If unjured he shouldn't be playing, if he's not injured how do you rate his form ,presence, protection of kids and general influence paticularly against the top sides?

IMO probably should have a run at Casey, but will probably survive against some of the Carlton bigger units but Max should be there as well.

Guest Deefence

Played 'well' for Casey: McDonald, Bartram, Davey

Played 'well' for Melbourne: McKenzie, Martin, Jones, Trengove

Just play those seven, you'll see more effort than last week!