Shaun Mckernan

has only played a handful of games at his time at the crows and looks the likely type

could the dees make a play for him? what would we be willing to give up?

Isn't is position Ruck/Forward Fearless?

He's a likely type and I doubt they'd give him easily.

Well worth a try, as would be, J Trengove.

I thought we had him..I know the other one from Port- would not get a game at Demonland..

I'd be more keen on Dangerfield personally.

Apparently he made some comment a few weeks back that if Craig wasn't there next year he may not be either????

I'd be more keen on Dangerfield personally.

Apparently he made some comment a few weeks back that if Craig wasn't there next year he may not be either????

Yeah but he surely made that out of support for Craig, I doubt it would mean anything now.

McKernan might be tempted by the offer of a near-permanent full forward role, with only minor stints in the ruck. At Adelaide he has to play up the ground or second fiddle to Tippett in the same 50m arc. I don't want to be negative, but if Scully goes we could splash some of that cash and one of the draft picks on McKernan.

Yeah I like McKernan, also see a lot of potential in Jackson Trengove. If we can't lure a proven big forward I'd love to snag either of these two.

I'd also like to see Tom McDonald just plonked in the forward line and see what he can do.

Guest hangon007

Yeah but he surely made that out of support for Craig, I doubt it would mean anything now.

McKernan might be tempted by the offer of a near-permanent full forward role, with only minor stints in the ruck. At Adelaide he has to play up the ground or second fiddle to Tippett in the same 50m arc. I don't want to be negative, but if Scully goes we could splash some of that cash and one of the draft picks on McKernan.

Is he good enough to play near-permanent full forward? Do you reckon you would get 50+ goals out of him?

Now dont take the wrong way its a genuine question. Had Martin not come on this year I reckon we would have been much keener.

Just not sure what you would have to pay.

Guest hangon007

We do need a big tall forward...The Club did the right thing going for Hale last year, he has been better than ok for the Dawks.

IMHO I think we do, solid strong that is an accurate kick. Honestly, liked Callum Wilson in the games I saw him play for the Eagles, just not sure how he is going in WAFL ... you dont see him mentioned much in the match reports.

Maybe one of our WA supporters could help there.

Holy [censored] I checked the South Fremantle details ... he kicked 9 goals last week with a total of 37 from 15 games for the year.

Edited by hangon007

I thought we had him..I know the other one from Port- would not get a game at Demonland..

He'd be handy as that tall defender to help Frawls. McDonald is only 194cm's, but Martin can fill that role I guess,,,, IF Jamar & Gawn can play in the one team, but I have my doubts with this balance situation. Lack of team speed & agility with this Idea.

IF Scully does go, and we get the Ablett like compo, I wouldn't mind us having a crack at some of GC's kids. McKenzie and Lynch would top my list. We'd have to wait a year for them to be out of contract but the compo picks are there for 5 years. I'm prepared to be patient building our list and both those kids fill a need for us. If we fail at the least we might accelerate the Suns salary cap squeeze.

IF Scully does go, and we get the Ablett like compo, I wouldn't mind us having a crack at some of GC's kids. McKenzie and Lynch would top my list. We'd have to wait a year for them to be out of contract but the compo picks are there for 5 years. I'm prepared to be patient building our list and both those kids fill a need for us. If we fail at the least we might accelerate the Suns salary cap squeeze.

Trent McKenzie is so close to being my fav non-dees player it's crazy.

Would love it if he was at Melbourne!

Totally agree on McKenzie & Lynch!

My favourite from the Crows is Rory Sloane. I was very keen for us to draft him...

He could be a real player for us who is versatile and hard at it. Prefer him over Dangerfield!

I think compo picks can't be used 'til the next years draft/trade period. So that fits well with that Idea. I still think we lack real class run, through the mid and out of the back.

Strauss and Tapscott look likely backs but not the class damaging gut runners who can hit a sixpense @ 100 feet both sides.

Guest hangon007

Totally agree on McKenzie & Lynch!

No doubt about it ... if GC17 & GWS dont make sensible list management decisions ... they will be ripe for the pickings ... hehehehehe cant wait.

Is he good enough to play near-permanent full forward? Do you reckon you would get 50+ goals out of him?

Now dont take the wrong way its a genuine question. Had Martin not come on this year I reckon we would have been much keener.

Just not sure what you would have to pay.

In a half decent forward set up - yes. And he can play back up ruck so he doesn't have to kick goals. I just think the best set up is to have a strong body deep at full forward, especially if they can ruck. Jurrah then plays as the decoy. At CHF we can stay with Howe and Watts whilst we wait for Cook to come in as well.

Martin has come on well, but I still see him struggling against the really strong teams. If he has to play on a good forward he's vulnerable, if he plays against a good ruck he doesn't offer much in the middle and if he plays against any half decent backline he is useless. McKernan wouldn't have as many tricks, but would be a much safer prospect as a ruck/forward.

Guest hangon007

In a half decent forward set up - yes. And he can play back up ruck so he doesn't have to kick goals. I just think the best set up is to have a strong body deep at full forward, especially if they can ruck. Jurrah then plays as the decoy. At CHF we can stay with Howe and Watts whilst we wait for Cook to come in as well.

Martin has come on well, but I still see him struggling against the really strong teams. If he has to play on a good forward he's vulnerable, if he plays against a good ruck he doesn't offer much in the middle and if he plays against any half decent backline he is useless. McKernan wouldn't have as many tricks, but would be a much safer prospect as a ruck/forward.

I'm not disagreeing. Just interested in the price.

Personally, I would probably prefer the more conventional full-forward, strong body accurate kick that could fit into our structure at a very, very reasonable price. IMHO two names jump out at me Callum Wilson currently on Eagles list & Michael Still who was on Essendons list under Matty Knights, both are perfect age, perfect body shape, perfect skill set to match our exact needs.

Big Question - ARE they good enough. Well somebody once thought so ... but the price, even in this draft should be very, very cheap. I'm willing to buy time for our young list to develop without selling the farm & I want some upside.

Edited by hangon007