Tom Scully

Agreed.

This thread will end when the month of July ends and a new one will start for August to be based on new developments only.

Those who are nostalgic about their past ramblings on this subject have a day or so to vent their frustrations, prognosticate, ruminate, philosophise and generally articulate their views and opinions on this extraordinary young man.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Analogy, metaphor, hyperbole?

Agreed.

This thread will end when the month of July ends and a new one will start for August to be based on new developments only.

Those who are nostalgic about their past ramblings on this subject have a day or so to vent their frustrations, prognosticate, ruminate, philosophise and generally articulate their views and opinions on this extraordinary young man.

Huh? Because Pipefitter was disappointed there was no 'groundbreaking news' you're going to close the thread?

I think most posters know what this thread is about and what the time frame for Scully's 'decison' is.

There are a lot of interesting angles to this story and I think it affects the club and its supporters in several different ways.

The Scully Saga © is also part of a larger debate about where the AFL is headed in general.

Aside from the odd silly fracas some salient issues have been raised and I for one feel there's plenty more helium left in this party balloon.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest The Tweed Pig

Isn't it refreshing to read Luke Shuey's comments this morning. Even though he's only been at West Coast a short period of time and played only (ahem) 22 games he offers this: "I could never understand how someone could fall in love with a footy club so much," Shuey said. "But now that I've got over here and I've seen what the club has to offer me and the opportunities it has given me, I realise why."

Grew up a Dees supporter young Luke.

Did I read someone refer to an extraordinary young man ?

These TS threads were always going to be an ordeal by fire for all. Not of our making but thats reality. But it is clear to me the powers that be on this forum favour taking the MFC spin line on this matter. Fair enough, it helps to protect the club for the short term but is not conductive for rational debate thus allowing the lunatics to take over the asylum.

Edited by america de cali

Guest hangon007

Huh? Because Pipefitter was disappointed there was no 'groundbreaking news' you're going to close the thread?

hehehehehe ... this point is quite "funny" ... "dont bore me with the detail just give me the ground breaking news Mr Jones/Mr Hinch"

There are a lot of interesting angles to this story and I think it affects the club and its supporters in several different ways.

The Scully Saga © is also part of a larger debate about where the AFL is headed in general.

IMHO sadly a point missed by many who just dont understand or care to take the time to understand our little "charade".

I personally thank you & RPFC we are all different but it has been a pleasure having a chat with you both.

Ultimately I think "many" of us hope Tom stays ... However, many think he going. Many appear to no longer want him to stay.

For me when this is all done and dusted, I will still support the Dees & Tom Scully wherever he ends up.

Go Dees

Edited by hangon007

I think most posters know what this thread is about and what the time frame for Scully's 'decison' is.

Aside from the odd silly fracas some salient issues have been raised and I for one feel there's plenty more helium left in this party balloon.

I'm sorry what Pipefitter says Goes. :P

nah...lets just lift the carpet for a moment...sweep....done :rolleyes:

Perhaps this is all a ploy by Tom and the MFC knowing his knee is shot and it's a way of extracting maximum cash for Tom and maximum compensation for Melbourne; now there's a conspiracy for you.

Anyone else got a theory; irrespective of how stupid it may be?

Yeah - Tom and the club know he's staying and are stringing GWS along to keep them away from our other uncontracted players (like Sylvia) until we can sort out their contracts. Well, I can dream right?

I just wonder if todays performance might just seal it all now for ever !! Whod want to play with this bunch of wallies !! :rolleyes:

I really couldn't give a stuff about Scully anymore. This club has bigger problems than paying over the odds for a kid.

If he wants to stay and play for us on a wage that is ample for a 3rd year player then glad to have you. If he doesn't Bye Bye! We need money to get an AFL standard coach to this club that will win us a flag. Keeping a single unproven kid won't win us a flag anytime soon.

well..thats put this subject to rest Id suggest... and just in the nick of time before the curfew !!!! pmsl