Ins & Outs

surely Davey is no chance of playing been a long lay off and will need a run at casey...

I agree EGD I have doubts he will even get a run at Casey.

His history shows he does not come back quickly from injuries.

This may seem a little harsh but his form before being injured was ordinary.

let him show something at Casey.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree EGD I have doubts he will even get a run at Casey.

His history shows he does not come back quickly from injuries.

This may seem a little harsh but his form before being injured was ordinary.

let him show something at Casey.

Simply with the amount of games he's missed he has to come back through Casey...

And you are right re his form. He deserves Casey anyway...

You are now getting way to complex for our FD.

In spite of what i might want I think there will only be one change.

Tapscott in for Bennell.

PS The fainting refered to a comment of playing Bennell because it would be hot in Darwin.

HaHaHa, I understood your 'go' @ Bennell.

Good I thought my only joke for the week had been missed.

It's hard to have a laugh with someone on the Web. there's no color or personality or tone. No nuances.

Anyway I think you'll find that most of us are on the same page. Just that some don't have the heart for doing the tough things & just wish things would be better.

Bennell has to go. I'm happy to drop Morton too. Blease stays, give him a full game and see how he goes.

Tapscott and MacDonald come in. Seems pretty simple to me.

That seems to work......

Simply with the amount of games he's missed he has to come back through Casey...

And you are right re his form. He deserves Casey anyway...

The relevant factor here is Darwin. Davey is FROM Darwin, and will play beyond his form and fitness there. It could also be just the confidence boost he needs. In : MacDonald, Tapscott (just obvious), Davey.

Out : Bennell, Morton, Blease (unfortunate, but he was there for injury reasons).

The relevant factor here is Darwin. Davey is FROM Darwin, and will play beyond his form and fitness there. It could also be just the confidence boost he needs. In : MacDonald, Tapscott (just obvious), Davey.

Out : Bennell, Morton, Blease (unfortunate, but he was there for injury reasons).

Fatigue is going to be a MASSIVE issue up there and I don't honestly see howyou can play a bloke who hasn't played a match in anger for 6 weeks and is only just back into full training...

That overrides any sentimentality.

Fatigue is going to be a MASSIVE issue up there and I don't honestly see howyou can play a bloke who hasn't played a match in anger for 6 weeks and is only just back into full training...

That overrides any sentimentality.

That is what a sub is for, Davey would be an AMAZING super sub

IN: Tapscott, Davey, Joel Macdonald

OUT: Morton, Bennell, Blease

Davey to be the sub. He'll be 'tearing at the bit' for three quarters, eager to display his wares in front of family and friend.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bennell hold his spot in front of Gizmo only because of where we are playing.

Guest Thomo

Agree Davey will be a big chance. No way Bennell or Jurrah will be dropped. It would not surprise me if Jetta was made the sub to get as many of the indigenous blokes in the team as possible, especially with no Wona (and Jetta had a great game last year). MFC has shown in the past that they will let the marketing department pick the team.

Agree Davey will be a big chance. No way Bennell or Jurrah will be dropped. It would not surprise me if Jetta was made the sub to get as many of the indigenous blokes in the team as possible, especially with no Wona (and Jetta had a great game last year). MFC has shown in the past that they will let the marketing department pick the team.

Bennell and Jetta are from wa not the nt. You have to pick the side on merrit and match ups not on pr and marketing surely. The indigenous blokes that play will play because they are in our best 22 hopefully. Also its the middle of the dry season in darwin and conditions shouldnt be overly taxing re humidity.( i worked up there for a year).

Davey to be the sub. He'll be 'tearing at the bit' for three quarters, eager to display his wares in front of family and friend.

Lets hope he does not "tear a bit" in the 4th quarter. I dont think they will play him.

MFC has shown in the past that they will let the marketing department pick the team.

Pure fantasy. I am not sure there will be a large number of indigenous players playing. Only Jurrah and possibly Bennell to be in the 22.

Perhaps one more week on the sidelines for Davey, and then bring him in vs Hawks!

IN: Tapscott (certainty), MacDonald (fit?)

OUT: Blease, Morton

- Tough call on Blease, I know. It wasn't his day in the VFL on the weekend (shocking weather); I don't think the slippery conditions in Darwin will suit him.

- Morton will be out of his depth in Darwin too. Morton + wet slippery surface are a bad combo.

Davey needs to be play a full game. either seniors or casey. He needs to get his match fitness up as soon as possible and playing for a quarter really doesn't help him.

Davey, Tapscott

Bennell, Morton

sub nicholson or blease.

Guest Thomo

Bennell and Jetta are from wa not the nt. You have to pick the side on merrit and match ups not on pr and marketing surely. The indigenous blokes that play will play because they are in our best 22 hopefully. Also its the middle of the dry season in darwin and conditions shouldnt be overly taxing re humidity.( i worked up there for a year).

I know they are from WA, but last year all of the indigenous players were promoted heavily during the lead up, not just the NT blokes. I was at the game last year, and the crowd were majority indigenous, and they embraced all the indigenous players as their own (was very pro Melbourne)

Pure fantasy. I am not sure there will be a large number of indigenous players playing. Only Jurrah and possibly Bennell to be in the 22.

Not fantasy. Melbourne included an unfit Wonna, and Jetta who was not considered best 22 for this game last year for the marketing, and Watts for Queens Birthday the year before. I think it was a good idea to include them last year, I was at the game and having Wonna play certainly added to it, but it is hard to deny that it was a marketing decision, as was Watts the year before.

Bate seems to play well in the wet - I'm the thinking about the doggies game last year and Casey on the weekend - so the greasy conditions in Darwin might suit him.

Don't know what point I'm trying to prove, I don't want him in the side...

From my brief investigative work on Twitter this morning, it looks like Bate, Gawn and Tappy all made the trip.

Haven't seen Bennell, and you'd assume he'd be going up to Katherine if he was on the trip, and Blease twitted about the weather back in Melbourne.

From this I will conclude that Gawn is gonna be the emergency, and Tappy and Bate will replaced Bennell and Blease. Although that could be a bit of a strange strategy, dropping two quick runners in those conditions and bringing in two bigger bodied slower players.

Of course I could be a shite detective and get it all completely wrong.

From my brief investigative work on Twitter this morning, it looks like Bate, Gawn and Tappy all made the trip.

Haven't seen Bennell, and you'd assume he'd be going up to Katherine if he was on the trip, and Blease twitted about the weather back in Melbourne.

From this I will conclude that Gawn is gonna be the emergency, and Tappy and Bate will replaced Bennell and Blease. Although that could be a bit of a strange strategy, dropping two quick runners in those conditions and bringing in two bigger bodied slower players.

Of course I could be a shite detective and get it all completely wrong.

Did you look at the photo of them on the plane to the Katherine? Max is veery cramped in there!

Link for interested: http://lockerz.com/s/119907100

Anyway, Bate could be an emergency and they could have taken 2 travelling emergencies this time due to the different conditions in Darwin...

Edited by Striker475

Blease is a confirmed out, and Gawn's flown up. I take that as two changes at least, you can't do a straight swap when one's over a foot taller than the other ;)

Casey's game is on Sunday at 2PM in Frankston. They would probably take all three emergencies up there to cater for any unforseen circumstances and put the three unselected players on a plane back to Melbourne early Saturday evening.

Scrap Morton being an out, he is apparently in Darwin and got stuck in a lift.

Yes I know I need to stop following Twitter updates but it's definitely the most interesting thing to do while sitting around in a hospital. Reading Tom Scully threads is like adding insult to injury.

Blease better be out because of injury. That sounds somewhat sadistic but I'd be disappointed if we dropped him after one game, where I thought he actually did OK.

I'd be absolutely livid if Bate replaces him.

Agreed.

Especially after playing as a sub.