The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

11 minutes ago, layzie said:

I was a massive Magic fan, I went to so many SE Melb events at the time that the team and coach Brian Goorjian felt like family. Remember after home games at Rod Laver where everyone would gather around on level 1 and the team would do autographs and a few speeches? Felt like that happened every week,  the sense of community was amazing.

I Embraced the Titans because, well, it was pretty much the Magic plus D-mac. After that went sideways I just couldn't get around the NBL to that level again.

Brian was a legend. A great coach and and a super nice guy. A friend has a gym that Brian attends and he speaks so highly of him. My kids loved Adonis Jordan, who sadly only played one or two seasons. The atmosphere at those games was Magic. Although an AFL fan I really thought that Basketball was the next big thing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hemingway said:

Brian was a legend. A great coach and and a super nice guy. A friend has a gym that Brian attends and he speaks so highly of him. My kids loved Adonis Jordan, who sadly only played one or two seasons. The atmosphere at those games was Magic. Although an AFL fan I really thought that Basketball was the next big thing. 

been hearing that since 50/60s for both basketball and soccer, ernie 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Fantastic coach and a great public speaker, got a lot of time for him. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 2:39 PM, Redleg said:

trying to shed a few kilos.

Here's a surefire way to shed those kilos, Red… drink water.

Even if you were to change NOTHING in terms of diet and exercise, by drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water per day you’re guaranteed to drop weight, in particular you’ll see a reduction in belly-fat. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Even if you were to change NOTHING in terms of diet and exercise, by drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water per day you’re guaranteed to drop weight, in particular you’ll see a reduction in belly-fat. 

Sounds good. Where do I get water?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Yeah both sheila's games dc.

Just when I was feeling sorry for you for the the pile on to disparage your good self you go and lead with your chin!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Sounds good. Where do I get water?

You know that chrome thing that’s located above your sink, the one on the right hand side? Yeah, well that’s called a tap. 💦 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Two litres !! I don't use that much for a shower.

( Silly bloody sheila idea )

• Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You know that chrome thing that’s located above your sink, the one on the right hand side? Yeah, well that’s called a tap. 💦 

I thought they were handles for doing pushups with.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Just when I was feeling sorry for you for the the pile on to disparage your good self you go and lead with your chin!!

Come on Luci admit it ............... I reckon you're the love struck sheila that keeps sending those anonymous but doting little missives to The Manor.

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’d say that’s correct, MD. Way more Ronald bears. ❤️💙

Fun fact: Re jumper numbers: Fritta had 31, 33 and 35 available. His dad Scott wore #35 for his entire playing career with Coldstream (incidentally, he’s still the record holder for most games played), as did his brother Darcey and also Fritta at one point wore #35. So it was a no-brainer that he wanted #35. But the Club decided HP would wear #35 so Fritta got #31. 

I haven't seen Harry Potter line up too often for the Dees in any position or jumper. But perhaps he is secretly using Polyjuice Potion to look like Harrison Petty? 😆

Edited by Red and Bluebeard
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Come on Luci admit it ............... I reckon you're the love struck sheila that keeps sending those anonymous but doting little missives to The Manor.

Pondering my possible response:

• ignore the post:  too late now!
  • post what I'm thinking :  you should be so lucky!!!
  • take back my comment about feeling sorry for you...definitely!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Having a mini meltdown right now. No one I know is up this early on a Saturday so please humour me DL. I’m outside the ‘G sitting on a bench passing time coz early for a player sponsor function where I’ll get to chat with Langers and Fritta (the real Langers and Fritta, not my chooks) and this enormous excited dog came bounding towards me with a sopping wet tennis ball in his mouth and long story short now I’m covered in dog-slobber and muddy water!!! I’ve used the entire contents of my water bottle trying to remove the mud and now I look like I’ve wet myself. 😭😭😭

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Having a mini meltdown right now. No one I know is up this early on a Saturday so please humour me DL. I’m outside the ‘G sitting on a bench passing time coz early for a player sponsor function where I’ll get to chat with Langers and Fritta (the real Langers and Fritta, not my chooks) and this enormous excited dog came bounding towards me with a sopping wet tennis ball in his mouth and long story short now I’m covered in dog-slobber and muddy water!!! I’ve used the entire contents of my water bottle trying to remove the mud and now I look like I’ve wet myself. 😭😭😭

just don't go near any policemen or you'll get arrested

otherwise you should survive ok 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Oh no, I hope BBO doesn’t see your post.

Edited by Redleg

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Yep, really seriously deranged.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m sure Uncle will reach out to you and bring you a change of clothes. You will be safe with the rest of us. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Oh no, I hope BBO doesn’t see your post.

Of course he’ll see it and of course he’ll have something less than complimentary to say about it.

All good now anyways. I dried off in the sun before the event started and all that’s left as a reminder of my personal 9/11 is a couple of paw prints on my pastel mint green bag. But it actually looks good. Might be the start of a new fad…

image.thumb.jpg.a10b8baddb37159e5073c24c16f2dd11.jpg

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Of course he’ll see it and of course he’ll have something less than complimentary to say about it.

All good now anyways. I dried off in the sun before the event started and all that’s left as a reminder of my personal 9/11 is a couple of paw prints on my pastel mint green bag. But it actually looks good. Might be the start of a new fad…

image.thumb.jpg.a10b8baddb37159e5073c24c16f2dd11.jpg

Dog Salivating GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2