• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Tom Scully Saga

Can we please cease all speculation about Tom Scully's course of action beyond this year? I am just so pleased to be able to see him playing the game again. I LOVE going on "Scull-watch", even just for a few minutes here and there. I just want to enjoy watching a player whom I'd call a great player, given he's only played 20 odd games, making his moves without taking in all the bleatings about which jumper he'll be wearing next year.

I enjoy watching Tom play & I'll continue to enjoy him play. I don't want to hear all this sideshow Bob stuff.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please cease all speculation about Tom Scully's course of action beyond this year? I am just so pleased to be able to see him playing the game again. I LOVE going on "Scull-watch", even just for a few minutes here and there. I just want to enjoy watching a player whom I'd call a great player, given he's only played 20 odd games, making his moves without taking in all the bleatings about which jumper he'll be wearing next year.

I enjoy watching Tom play & I'll continue to enjoy him play. I don't want to hear all this sideshow Bob stuff.

It's not even speculation. He is gone. I jsut hope we a) get 2 compensatory picks and B) use them in the next draft. I hate waiting!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I can't get over the amount of carry on about this Scully thing.

Half the posters here are like a bunch of teenage girls. "OMG OMG Justin Beiber has a girlfriend my life is over."

You can't influence it, so just wait patiently for the fateful day when we know either way.

Now GWS is chasing Justin Beiber? How much money do they have?

As a junior when Scully was relentlessly chasing a footy around , whether it be in the backyard or at the park .

And he woulda done alot of it .

Do ya think he was driven by being rich ?

Do ya think he'd lie in bed at night thinking about how rich he'd get if he could play AFL ?

Do ya think he lay there hoping he'd play in another state to his family infront of who cares smattering of rugby fans ?

Doubt it .

He dreamt of playing finals at a packed MCG , staying in Victoria around his family .... and having his pick of blonde bombshells . ;)

Let the record state again .... He'll stay . B)

Edited by Fork 'em

I can only go on what was reported, as nothing was ever disclosed to members...It should have been of course, but the Commission are not silly. Why waste time letting members vote on such a huge issue?

We turn up to games regardless & they know it.

I am not disputing what you Rhino or anyone has said on this issue tonight. I will just never understand how those draft concessions were Unanimously voted for in one sitting.

It could well be the most important decision the Clubs make, & it looks to me like they rolled over sadly.

It does not have to be disclosed to the members as it was not a matter to be decided on by the Club members. It did not change the Club's consitution or its office holders. It was an issue between the AFL and the 16 clubs. Stop making it something that it clearly isn't.

Its not unusual for major issues to be approved at one meeting by corporates or association. Your implication is that the 16 CEOs have no prior knowledge of the conditions of the additional clubs before the meeting and that they were forced by the Orwellian big brother AFL to sign. Firstly you dont know the facts as to what info and when was given to the CEOs. The GC/GWS issue had been contemplated by the AFL for at least 3 years including offering a publicised bribe to North to go north. Its a fallacy to think the AFL could keep all 16 CEOs in the dark on key issues of the new clubs and expect them to roll over in a couple of hours. And if there had been a period of due consideration and contemplation then its feasible and reasonable that they were passed in the one meeting. The issue is that the 16 CEOs including Schwab did not give proper consideration to the ramifications of the deal on their individual lists.

Then its clear he is staying.

As you are clearly in the know, has Tom Scully bought a place to live in GWS?

Why would anyone with any brains do it now when real estate prices in Sydney are dropping

Just as well you are not in real estate Rhino

Why would anyone with any brains do it now when real estate prices in Sydney are dropping

Just as well you are not in real estate Rhino

It's a joke about Freak's amazing ability to continually not be right about things - but also add odd non-sequiturs like the the rumour of someone buying property near where they are rumoured to go means they are going.

the last bit of the article is something tom should consider very seriously, yes he will get paid well in the short term by GWS but the club is not going to have the networks to set him up for the rest of his life. Stay with Melbourne, win a premership for this great club and our vast array of networks will set him up for a long time post his football career.

It does not have to be disclosed to the members as it was not a matter to be decided on by the Club members. It did not change the Club's consitution or its office holders. It was an issue between the AFL and the 16 clubs. Stop making it something that it clearly isn't.

Its not unusual for major issues to be approved at one meeting by corporates or association. Your implication is that the 16 CEOs have no prior knowledge of the conditions of the additional clubs before the meeting and that they were forced by the Orwellian big brother AFL to sign. Firstly you dont know the facts as to what info and when was given to the CEOs. The GC/GWS issue had been contemplated by the AFL for at least 3 years including offering a publicised bribe to North to go north. Its a fallacy to think the AFL could keep all 16 CEOs in the dark on key issues of the new clubs and expect them to roll over in a couple of hours. And if there had been a period of due consideration and contemplation then its feasible and reasonable that they were passed in the one meeting. The issue is that the 16 CEOs including Schwab did not give proper consideration to the ramifications of the deal on their individual lists.

But why did the CEO's of the 16 clubs not give due consideration to these facts?? That is exactly why i believe the AFL rushed it through with the promise of $$$.

It is the only way a unanimous vote could have been achieved so quickly.

"For a young man who grew up a Richmond supporter and has only played 23 games for Melbourne, it's astonishing to me that Tom Scully's loyalty is being questioned. GWS may feel they've got him across the line, but perhaps the best long-term decision Scully could make would be to sign with the Demons.

Imagine Tom Scully captaining Trengove, Watts, Morton, McKenzie, Gysberts and co. to the next Melbourne premiership. The financial benefits of a move to GWS might be hard to overlook in the short term, but a case could be made that the life-long earnings of a one-club Melbourne captain would be greater in the end."

Nothing more needs to be said really!?

I thought Bastinacs parents had signed a HOA with GWS for Scully, and Scullys parents for Bastinac!! lol @ rumours

This should be the clearest sign Scully is staying, GWS were obviously into them both, as it wouldv'e been indeal to bring them up together, best mates through out their whole junior footy ect

That was the dumbest rumour of them all. Why would parents sign something for someone that isn't their son?

It's downright moronic, as an action and as a rumour.

But why did the CEO's of the 16 clubs not give due consideration to these facts?? That is exactly why i believe the AFL rushed it through with the promise of $$$.

It is the only way a unanimous vote could have been achieved so quickly.

For some clubs the issue is more important than others and you are assuming that they did not give it due consideration. I would have thought for Melbourne it was very important to realise that the jewels in their list were 22 and under who 1) had not achieved their market potential and 2) would not be duly compensated for it.

Your obsesssion with your belief that the AFL rushed this through is making you concoct versions of events to inflate your fantasy without any basis of fact.

That was the dumbest rumour of them all. Why would parents sign something for someone that isn't their son?

It's downright moronic, as an action and as a rumour.

+1 Why would you bother you would have to give them authority to act as your agent & he already has one of those

For some clubs the issue is more important than others and you are assuming that they did not give it due consideration. I would have thought for Melbourne it was very important to realise that the jewels in their list were 22 and under who 1) had not achieved their market potential and 2) would not be duly compensated for it.

Your obsesssion with your belief that the AFL rushed this through is making you concoct versions of events to inflate your fantasy without any basis of fact.

You are putting the Heat on C S Fair enough too, I am putting it on the AFL.

Either way it doesn't add up...I am no obsessed, but it does bother me because it is SUCH an important issue.

And if it all goes belly up who will the clubs call on?? The Members to help bail them out.

That is the sole reason i wish the members could have also vote on this issue.

Edited by why you little

You are putting the Heat on C S Fair enough too, I am putting it on the AFL.

Either way it doesn't add up...I am no obsessed, but it does bother me because it is SUCH an important issue.

And if it all goes belly up who will the clubs call on?? The Members to help bail them out.

That is the sole reason i wish the members could have also vote on this issue.

I am keeping CS accountable for not pushing MFC's interest. You are try to insinuated activities by the AFL that are just not support by any facts.

The issue is not a specific financial matter that is going to cause any Club to require a bail out by the members. As a consequence there is no requirement for the members to vote on the issue.

I am keeping CS accountable for not pushing MFC's interest. You are try to insinuated activities by the AFL that are just not support by any facts.

The issue is not a specific financial matter that is going to cause any Club to require a bail out by the members. As a consequence there is no requirement for the members to vote on the issue.

Bit hard to read your answer Rhino, but i will have a crack....Yes why did CS not seem to vote in the interests of the MFC?? He is a smart man, so why? Was he presented with all the facts? No i cannot answer 100% but to me it sure looks like not all the facts were on the table.

If GWS or Gold Coast hit Hard Times (look at the Bears right now, they are leaking like a broken glass) it will hit other clubs hard no doubt...This is very much a financial issue, i am suprised you made that comment.

Bit hard to read your answer Rhino, but i will have a crack....Yes why did CS not seem to vote in the interests of the MFC?? He is a smart man, so why? Was he presented with all the facts? No i cannot answer 100% but to me it sure looks like not all the facts were on the table.

Once again you dont know so dont go there. You dont have the facts

If GWS or Gold Coast hit Hard Times (look at the Bears right now, they are leaking like a broken glass) it will hit other clubs hard no doubt...This is very much a financial issue, i am suprised you made that comment.

The AFL will not let GWS/ GC fail in the short to medium and it wont hit other Clubs hard. And you reference to the Bears is irrelevant because there situation was not due to the intro of GWS/GC. And to use the bears as an example, does their loss making detract from Collingwood, Adelaides and WCE profitability? No

Its not a financial issue that requires individual club members approval FFS. Stop trying to weave irrelevant side shows to make your inane members requirement barely plausible.

Once again you dont know so dont go there. You dont have the facts

The AFL will not let GWS/ GC fail in the short to medium and it wont hit other Clubs hard. And you reference to the Bears is irrelevant because there situation was not due to the intro of GWS/GC. And to use the bears as an example, does their loss making detract from Collingwood, Adelaides and WCE profitability? No

Its not a financial issue that requires individual club members approval FFS. Stop trying to weave irrelevant side shows to make your inane members requirement barely plausible.

Just because i do not have all the Facts in front of me, I should not make any Comment...Those are the words of a Dictator Rhino...Aah yes Vlad, the Fat controller How right you are.

No the AFL will not let GC or GWS fail, but they will happily watch while a few Victorian sides take a hit, and that will happen....just wait a few years. These Draft Concessions are just the start of it.

Brisbane's Financial situation was not due to GC or GWS i never said that..I am merely pointing out how vulnerable they are not living in a football state.

GWS & GC will both be in that category going forward