We need a full-forward to kick 8

tonatopia

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh bugger, just the week newton went down with an injury..... B)

Fevola?

He might have another 4 years in him, long enough for our next premiership window.....next year.

imagine..

ff- Green Fevola Howe

hf- Jurrah Sylvia Davey

believing that Howe will be our next big thing.

Guest hangon007

What about one from left field ... Would you consider Brian Lake, assuming the Dogs have to rebuild, you would think you would get him for a second round pick. He is flexible, top quality defensive skills, started as a full-forward and out of favour at the Dogs.

Still gives you the option of moving Watts back & forward.

ie Your Key Backmen - Frawley & Garland, Key Forward - Jurrah & Howe or Cook, Swingers Watts & Lake

His only negatives are salary & age ... just a thought.

What about one from left field ... Would you consider Brian Lake, assuming the Dogs have to rebuild, you would think you would get him for a second round pick. He is flexible, top quality defensive skills, started as a full-forward and out of favour at the Dogs.

ie Your Key Backmen - Frawley & Garland, Key Forward - Jurrah & Howe or Cook, Swingers Watts & Lake

Lake is a full back, we already have 4.

Hear your thinking. However, this/next year, I wouldn't trade for anyone older than 24. Quite the task in and of itself though. Lake is the 'type', but I'd much rather a Lake-esque be with us for 5 years minimuim than, say, 2+.

Edited by Trident

What about one from left field ... Would you consider Brian Lake

Age is a big one.

I don't know that it's worth spending draft picks right now on fairly old players. Of course you'd look at him at pick 35, depending on the salary cap.

What's he going to be like at 33? That's when it'll matter.

Jack has turned you into a believer hasn't he?

I don't think he will kick 8, Jurrah will be stealing goals of everyone for a decade...

Didn't rate him for a long time,but the last 4-5 weeks the signs are magnificent, he is just so well-rounded. Could become a haul-kicker one day, but whatever he ends up being it will be damaging.

Jurrah's been a bit down lately but I firmly be;ieve when the team is working properly so will he be, he's just one of those players

Didn't rate him for a long time,but the last 4-5 weeks the signs are magnificent, he is just so well-rounded. Could become a haul-kicker one day, but whatever he ends up being it will be damaging.

Jurrah's been a bit down lately but I firmly be;ieve when the team is working properly so will he be, he's just one of those players

He is the proverbial icing.

And I think his knee (which is strapped) is curtailing his movement.

An Essendon player who got dropped this week kicked eight goals in a game a mere month ago. Yet Kyle Reimers is quite a divisive figure. If he played for us and did that, you'd think he'd have to play six shockers in a row before they contemplated dropping him. Us I'm not so sure, medium level players tend to coast a bit easier in our current makeup....

An Essendon player who got dropped this week kicked eight goals in a game a mere month ago. Yet Kyle Reimers is quite a divisive figure. If he played for us and did that, you'd think he'd have to play six shockers in a row before they contemplated dropping him. Us I'm not so sure, medium level players tend to coast a bit easier in our current makeup....

Really? Petterd might disagree.

Reimers kicked eight against Gold Coast, which is worth noting.

Fevola?

He might have another 4 years in him, long enough for our next premiership window.....next year.

imagine..

ff- Green Fevola Howe

hf- Jurrah Sylvia Davey

Boy you've got guts. I can't see that being a very popular sentiment round these here parts. I personally wouldn't be totally against it, but it would depend on a number of factors.

- Absolutely angelic behaviour across the board starting last week - with no compromise at all

- Good form through the rest of this season, with no injury worries - with no compromise at all

- Playing as a team player. No more hogging of the ball or remonstrating at teammates for not passing to him - with no compromise at all

- A decent price. He has lost his sheen and therefore is no longer worth top dollar. This would be dictated by how he meets above criteria.

- I would expect he would have to sign a clause relating to any bad behaviour that absolves us of all responsibility in our contract with him.

- Finally the club would really need to decide if they were willing to go down such an uncertain path.

History has shown it would be a risky proposition, but if the criteria were to be wide-ranging enough and cover all bases, and he met it all perfectly, then it might just be worth doing. I live in Sydney, and no-one I know thought Barry Hall would really change, however history would tell us that it wasn't such a bad choice. He has completely sorted himself out, and I suspect, redeemed some of the respect of his peers and the wider community whilst occupying a pretty important position at the Doggies until now.

Why do we need a FF who kicks 8? Did Collingwood have one? St Kilda? Geelong? As far as I know the only teams who are structured that way might be West Coast, Richmond, and maybe Adelaide... hardly the prototype for us I would have thought

Fevola?

imagine..

ff- Green Fevola Howe

hf- Jurrah Sylvia Davey

It's past your bedtime,

Guest Artie Bucco

We need a FF to kick 8?

When was the last time you watched a game of AFL?

It's not played that way anymore.

Fevola?

Are you serious?

This thread is so misguided on so many levels.

Why do we need a FF who kicks 8? Did Collingwood have one? St Kilda? Geelong? As far as I know the only teams who are structured that way might be West Coast, Richmond, and maybe Adelaide... hardly the prototype for us I would have thought

Wow.

I would have thought if you stuck a power forward, who could actually kick straight, in the Cats team of last 4 years.... they would be unbelievably scary. May have picked up 2008. Mooney's a good leader but close your eyes when he takes a shot and was never a true power forward as such.

Hawks won 2008 with the help of their twin towers, which we can never get close to. Smack us every time.

Saints probably would have won the drawn game last year and may have even beaten the cats had they had a true power FF (or CHF) kicking straight on the day. Doubt he would have made the mistake Reiwoldt made when his kick running into goal was smothered. Maybe.

I wouldn't say you don't need one. It's just when teams don't have a balance of A graders and a mix of very good players across the rest of the lines, then they tend to rely too much on that one player up forward and look for him too often. Like the Carlton/Fev situation is what i'm alluding to i guess.

Give my eye teeth to have a Jakovich (without the loose screw lol) in our team atm. Hopefully Howe starts to shine....fingers crossed. Patience needed lol.

Edited by Rusty Nails