Scully and his mates

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you be happy playing for melbourne at the moment

Because players are able to see where the team is headed.

Young group developing and improving together, the players can see upclose every single day the talent of the group- Watts, Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Garland, Frawley, Tapscott, Bennel, Jurrah, Petterd, Howe, Cook etc

While some of these players are injured and others are still developing as footballers, a blind man could see that this group is going places. Most of these guys are under 24 years old and are willing to wait a year or two in order to be part of 'the team of the decade'

Because players are able to see where the team is headed.

Young group developing and improving together, the players can see upclose every single day the talent of the group- Watts, Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Garland, Frawley, Tapscott, Bennel, Jurrah, Petterd, Howe, Cook etc

While some of these players are injured and others are still developing as footballers, a blind man could see that this group is going places. Most of these guys are under 24 years old and are willing to wait a year or two in order to be part of 'the team of the decade'

Wanted: Coach with Premiership creditials

Why would you be happy to play at melbourne right now. He has been treated like an outcast altough this seems to be partly by his own doing and with all the media pressure and the spotlight on him he cant be to happy. With how serious he is about his football I doubt he will be happy at many clubs unless they are in a premiership window. I live in WA so I have a very limited view of what happens down there but from all the articles I have read and everything on tv melbourne isnt the kind of serious club that he would feel at home in, and I doubt if it will be for a while yet. If we can convince him to stay then perfect but if we cant then we should get what we can for him while we are in control of the situation

We have gone through this before - players are allowed to be unhappy with their footy when they haven't kicked a ball in anger since Feb...

I have heard a few things that he desires more professionalism from some players at Melbourne.

And why wouldn't Scully find faults with the professionalism with those around him?

He's the ultimate professional. And he is naive.

Perfect storm to be annoyed.

Doesn't mean he is going anywhere.

We have gone through this before - players are allowed to be unhappy with their footy when they haven't kicked a ball in anger since Feb...

I have heard a few things that he desires more professionalism from some players at Melbourne.

And why wouldn't Scully find faults with the professionalism with those around him?

He's the ultimate professional. And he is naive.

Perfect storm to be annoyed.

Doesn't mean he is going anywhere.

I agree but hopfully he is enough of a professional to know you cant walk into a new work place and have everything they way you want it from day one. It takes time and unfortunalty sometimes never happens but if you do a Leigh Colbert (I think it was) and [censored] of on your mates because the grass looks greener some where else then it can bite you in the ass

heard today that tom def not going to GWS but is def not happy at melbourne (close relative of one of the players)

i have a very bad feeling that the tigers are just quietly knocking at his door and having a quiet word in his ear. nothing i have heard or read, just a gut feeling

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

i have a very bad feeling that the tigers are just quietly knocking at his door and having a quiet word in his ear. nothing i have heard or read, just a gut feeling

I'm sure they are. Better them than GWS though. They'd have to pay heavily and the chance to counter offer would be there.

The tiges have to lose someone very good to get Scully

Not if he chose to walk and put a huge price tag on his head they don't..

Then again I can't see him slipping through to the Tiges in the PSD even with an outlandish pricetag on his head.

This is all crazy talk anyway..

Edited by Beetle

Scully sounds a bit like me. He expects a lot from himself and in turn expects a lot from other people. Sadly for him he is still young and naive and hasn't yet figured out that most people won't and can't live up to his inrealistic expectations, least of all him. And no matter where he goes in life, he will eventually learn that most people are stupid and selfish and he'll have to learn to live with that.

No club is perfect, no club is made up of choir boys and many of the best AFL players are/were ordinary people off the field who drank, gambled, and who probably dabbled in drugs and hookers. Tough [censored]. Welcome to the real world.

Then again I can't see him slipping through to the Tiges in the PSD even with an outlandish pricetag on his head.

In continuing this crazy talk we could just redraft him if someone below us didn't. He's not going to the Tiges that way.

Firstly, if you hate Scully threads.... then find another one... I want to discuss this topic

One thing that has been on my mind is Tom Scully and his friends at the club.

I follow alot of the players twitter accounts and they are regularly talking with each other and posting status's about hanging out with each other etc.

One thing I have noticed is Tom's name never comes up in these status, they never say he is with them when they do things together. It seems that watts, trenners, tap and morton all go for dinner together, wouldn't scully normally be in that group? He is never mentioned on Blease's account either, who I thought was his best mate?

Do you think its true that the senior players don't want anything to do with him until he commits? That attitude would be pushed onto our younger group too.. If Tom's decision has not been made yet, this would not be helping..

Its childish if true...

Anyone know anything about this?

Forget the childish stuff. Demonland is the arch childish rubbish

Edited by Harrisonrules

Pretty sure I presented some very relevant counter arguments.

This place can use more laughs and a hell of a lot less panic stricken, drama-filled threads.

Just like you have the right to clog up the forum with yet another Scully thread, I have the right to laugh at the hysteria.

And do you know what people care less about? Conclusions drawn from Twitter accounts!

Firstly, this post was titled, Scully and his mates!!!

His close mates at the club are,

Watts, Chunk, Blease, Jamar, Juice, Dunn, Trenners, Bater, Garland, Chip, Flash, Grimes, Tapps & LJ. (As well as the rest of the list included) & reckons Bailey is a very honest and good man!!

His mates outside of MFC are, Smith (WCE), Ziebell & Bastinac (NM) Tommy Lynch (STK), Tyrone V (Rich) (May wish to get them all to GWS next year)

Please!! Lets close this & move on!!

In continuing this crazy talk we could just redraft him if someone below us didn't. He's not going to the Tiges that way.

If he's going to Richmond, it's through a trade deal with GWS, something that he hasn't confirmed/denied (he has only said he and his management haven't talked to GWS).

Edited by Chopper Lovell

Maybe there's so much media attention on Scully that any time he's mentioned (and now, even not mentioned) on twitter there's a storm in a teacup, so he and the club decided to just drop a general blanket over public mentions because he's a private person and didn't want to be stalked online.

Just a theory.

If he's going to Richmond, it's through a trade deal with GWS, something that he hasn't confirmed/denied (he has only said he and his management haven't talked to GWS).

to get to richmond via gws his management would probably have to talk to gws!!! FGS

to get to richmond via gws his management would probably have to talk to gws!!! FGS

Umm... No....

If he was negotiating to go to Richmond he would only be talking to them.

It would be RICHMOND who would be negotiating with GWS. All Scully's management would be interested in is his salary, why would he care about GWS's compensation for trading him on?

PS, this would explain why he says that GWS haven't even approached him when everyone knows they are interested.

Edited by Chopper Lovell

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

PS, this would explain why he says that GWS haven't even approached him when everyone knows they are interested.

That is a guess at best. The simple reason they haven't approached him is probably because they don't see him as the priority. They are going to have plenty of untried but talented kids so bigger bodies and leadership may well be where they want to spend the money.

You also have to remember this all goes back to Eddie Bloody McGuire dribbling on about things he knows nothing about.

Y'know that bit where you get a time machine and kill Hitler to stop WW2? I reckon I could do the same with Eddie and these Scully rumours would never have existed.