• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demonland Player of the Year

Demonland

This.

I can't believe people on here are giving Jones votes. I was going to go on a big tirade but I'll just wonder if everyone missed the first quarter.

He kept popping up. When the chips are down, Nate stands up time and time again, goes for the contested ball, puts in hard effort. Yes his disposal was poor, but he was clearly in the best few.

Jesus christ mate, what game did you watch?

I notice what I notice. Col Sylvia seemed to be totally anonymous for the bulk of the game. Rivers was admittedly good, not as good as Frawley who pushed super-hard and played a tough role on the small forwards for a long time. Bennell was sensational every time he got the pill, Jetta kept getting involved, Watts would be higher bar his awful kicking and Green had a really good solid game.

He kept popping up. When the chips are down, Nate stands up time and time again, goes for the contested ball, puts in hard effort. Yes his disposal was poor, but he was clearly in the best few.

He takes an eternity to get rid of the thing. He resorted to vintage Jonesy that overestimates himself and tries that one thing too many resulting int a turnover, often in dangerous areas.

He takes an eternity to get rid of the thing. He resorted to vintage Jonesy that overestimates himself and tries that one thing too many resulting int a turnover, often in dangerous areas.

Our decision-making was rubbish all night, regardless of whether it was Warnock down back, Green kicking into fwd50 or Jones around the ground. Just how it was.

I notice what I notice. Col Sylvia seemed to be totally anonymous for the bulk of the game. Rivers was admittedly good, not as good as Frawley who pushed super-hard and played a tough role on the small forwards for a long time. Bennell was sensational every time he got the pill, Jetta kept getting involved, Watts would be higher bar his awful kicking and Green had a really good solid game.

I really couldn't disagree more.

Sylvia was far and above one of our best. Yet again we looked most dangerous (arguably the only time we looked dangerous) when he was bringing the ball out of the midfield. Kicked a terrific goal from the boundary that would've made our very short highlight reel. 21 disposals and 8 tackles tells the story.

Frawley did well given the amount of responsibility he had heaped upon him, but he looked very indecisive and at times lethargic. The only players that got their hands on the pill less than Jetta were Newton, Petterd, Jurrah and the two subs, so I'm not sure how he "kept getting involved". Watts was embarassing, and in the one game where Green had to show his captaincy skills, he showed very little indeed. The second and third efforts just weren't there.

That's [censored]. Green was one of the few who kept running tonight. He never dropped his head and kept competing. I thought he led from the front tonight. He was far far better than 20 other blokes in red and blue.

6 - Sylvia, by a mile. If we had 5 more of him, we'd be premiers .

5 - Green, for reason above.

4 - Watts. Tried to create some plays and used it well.

3 - Rivers. Spoiled and used it well.

2 - Martin. Held his own in the ruck and created space. Liked his second efforts too. Gave been impressed with him in the absence of jamar.

1 - Jones. Just because he runs himself into the ground.

The following players should be embarrassed:

Newton, petterd, jurrah, Morton, macdonald and warnock. The latter two, I have never seen such horrible decision making and disposal. As for the other 4, their lack of effort and pressure was nothing short of a disgrace.

Have to agree 100% with your assessment of MacDonald and Warnock they are so far below AFL level it's a joke, I close my eyes when they get the ball and I think they do too.

Did anyone who gave Jones votes do it because of his skill or because he crashes in to packs and is fairly hard at it? If it was for skill then I'd suggest none that gave him votes went to the game, or watched it. His turnovers cost us heaps and I'd hate to think of the number of goals the opposition have scored because of them.

Same thing Nathan Jones does.....fracture something. Judd, Selwood, Mitchell on the other hand.....don't touch 'em.

6. Sylvia

5. Jones

4. Rivers

3. Watts

2. Macdonald

1. Martin

Based on our performances I haven't been able to bring myself to cast votes this year. However, I continually notice Jones getting heaps of stick. I reckon this is unfair. He does make skill errors but that appears to becoming compulsory at Melbourne. BUT he does does bust his gut every week and along with Sylvia is a player who is prepared to put his body on the line every time.

The other guy I'd like to mention is Jack Watts. His consistent improvement and football smarts are showing us the fantastic player he will become. Bailey's handling of his development has been one his few coaching successes.

Have to agree 100% with your assessment of MacDonald and Warnock they are so far below AFL level it's a joke, I close my eyes when they get the ball and I think they do too.

Did anyone who gave Jones votes do it because of his skill or because he crashes in to packs and is fairly hard at it? If it was for skill then I'd suggest none that gave him votes went to the game, or watched it. His turnovers cost us heaps and I'd hate to think of the number of goals the opposition have scored because of them.

Thanks Robbie. That was the most garbage backline performance in sometime.

On jones, he sneaked a vote from me because of his willingness to just keep going. He never drops his head and it is a lesson that our lazy forwards should learn from.

6. Jared Rivers

5. Colin Sylvia

4. Stefan Martin

3. Jordie McKenzie

2. James Frawley

1. Joel MacDonald

Jones and Watts would have squeezed in but turned it over by foot. Liked their endeavour though. My god we are crying out for some skills.

Edited by Deemolition

Based on what I saw (full first half, only bits and pieces of what was a truly woeful second half), I would say Sylvia, Rivers and Watts were worthy of mentions.

MacDonald is a good defender, but, like Warnock, is a complete and utter liability with the ball in hand. We will not play decent football whilst we have these two in the side.

Jones cannot play a single game of AFL without trying to take on an opponent and getting caught holding the ball. Nathan: you are not Superman. Nor are you Joel Selwood. You are not good enough. Take the first option, release the ball, and stop trying to barrage your way through packs. It gives the other team goals.

Petterd does not work hard enough. Jurrah falls into the same category, but Jurrah only needs a few touches to turn a game on its head (eg Brisbane earlier this year). Petterd, though, is not going to change a game with one or two kicks. He needs to work harder, or he will not hold his spot.

Put simply, we are not going to win games of football, much less games against quality opposition, when we have Warnock, MacDonald, Newton, Bate, Morton, Bennell, Petterd, Evans and Nicholson. No disrespect to the last two, who haven't done a lot wrong, but these are the benchwarmers. And they are not good enough. Not one of them.

Brent Moloney still leads the Demonland Player of the Year voting but interestingly, he has not polled since Mark Jamar was injured after/during the Adelaide game.

67 . Brent Moloney

55 . Jack Trengove

51 . Stefan Martin

46 . Nathan Jones

42 . Colin Sylvia

41 . Jared Rivers Jack Watts

37 . Mark Jamar

35 . Rohan Bail

25 . Luke Tapscott

17 . Colin Garland Jordan Gysberts

16 . Liam Jurrah

13 . Neville Jetta

10 . Ricky Petterd

9 . James Frawley

8 . Aaron Davey Addam Maric

7 . Michael Evans

6 . Brad Green

4 . Jamie Bennell

3 . Clint Bartram Michael Newton

2 . Jack Grimes

1 . Joel Macdonald Jordie McKenzie Cale Morton Matthew Warnock

I know I'm late, but here goes:

6. Sylvia

5. Rivers

4. Watts(but he makes frustrating mistakes)

3. Frawley

2. MacDonald (but he makes really frustrating mistakes)

1. Jones (but he makes should-no-better mistakes)

And a quick word about Bate. Didn't star, didn't even play well. But did show some grunt that's been missing from his game and the forward line most of the year.