"Get Jamar"

Guest Artie Bucco

May as well write an article about how thier side would be better with GAJ or Riewoldt.

The only thing that irks me is that he gets paid handsomely to write that stuff, yet the gold I type here on 'land is all gratis. Hardly seems fair.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that under the Leading Teams model, the LG may be reviewed and changed (Edit - mid season)...

we can only hope that is the case... current lot are....walkabout !!

It is discerning that he is a "full free agent" Roo is correct in what the Russian will be capable of asking for come the end of the year and that is pretty much 700K minimum.... and Port could offer alot more (who knows where there salary cap goes??? seriously who would fill it???

Is it right that with the full free agency we dont trade for him?? the afl gives us a compensation type pick? I would guess that it may be a mid first rounder type...ie. WE LOSE

Edited by Jordie_tackles

For what Melbourne need? Either...

- Jackson Trengove and a first-rounder

- Troy Chaplin and a first-rounder

- Dean Brogaan and a second round and a late pick

Dean Brogan is broken down and probably due to retire. The only one I'd consider of your list would be Trengove (Trengrove?). Might also go for Boak, but it's doubtful they'd be willing to let him go.

How about we don't trade our best and only ruckman, our 2nd most important player (behind Frawley), who happens to be an All Australian, and in the top 5 ruckman in the AFL.

do people even think before posting anymore.

Jamar is one of but a handful of "untouchable's " at the MFC . Talk of trade is ridiculous...Id make him VC personally.

How about we don't trade our best and only ruckman, our 2nd most important player (behind Frawley), who happens to be an All Australian, and in the top 5 ruckman in the AFL.

He will be a free agent so can just pack his bags a believe, not 100% though

If im right there is no trading involved, maybe compensation

Jamar is one of but a handful of "untouchable's " at the MFC . Talk of trade is ridiculous...Id make him VC personally.

And it is acknowledged that these discussions are purely hypothetical on the assumption that he may come to the club and tell them that he wants to be traded to Port.

He will be a free agent so can just pack his bags a believe, not 100% though

If im right there is no trading involved, maybe compensation

Under free agency, MFC has the option to match any salary being offered by rival clubs.

We would be stupid not to pay him full market value, he's pretty much the most important player in our team, and is the only genuine option we have in one of the most important positions on the ground

It is bloody ridiculous, he is pretty much the perfect role model for the younger boys; he works hard all day and doesn't give up like others already in the leadership group (don't think I need mention his name).

So why didn't the other players vote Jamar into the leadership group? Maybe they didnt think he was......

Plus he doesn't actually need to be the leadership group to help, teach and inspire the younger kids......

Thankyou, just what I've been thinking all thread...

Ok so others will go after Jamar and probably Silvia under FA - old news and hopefully the club is accross this, but who will we be going after? We have a realatively small (in comparison to others) protection side as previously mentioned, but don't we also have a much wider development side? Understand the GWS and Suns are well placed in all of this, but l hope we are too, if in fact, we want to be all that active.

Bit of a balancing act I guess.

The club probably thinks its on the right track with most of the kids they have already invested in, and so to load up now on 25yo+ might not have a heavy weighting in the plan.

Maybe just a couple of real hard, take no prisoners 'rifle shots' at one or two we desperately need. Some clubs at the upper end of the ladder must be facing some salary cap issues shortly, not to mention those coming out of contract.

Seems to me it might be nice to be on the other side of the fence for a change, but in any negotiation you have to give something to get something.

In relation to the topic I would hope Jamar , Silvia & Co get fairly compensated by the MFC and are smart enough to stick around for the party.

Under free agency, MFC has the option to match any salary being offered by rival clubs.

We would be stupid not to pay him full market value, he's pretty much the most important player in our team, and is the only genuine option we have in one of the most important positions on the ground

I think thats "limited free agents" of 7 years, Jamar is coming on what 9-10 years yeah? so that makes him a "full free agent"

I believe we can only match offers on limited free agents, thats my querry

FREE AGENCY - End Season 2012

HOW THE NEW SYSTEM WILL WORK

1. A player has served seven seasons or less of AFL football at one club, and is now out of contract.
    The player is not eligible for free agency if his club wishes to retain him. He may only move clubs via a trade or the Draft. If he delists himself, he is subject to the Draft, and may be selected by any club.
  2. A player has served seven seasons or less of AFL football at one club, and has been delisted by his club.
    The player is a Free Agent and is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.
    The player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.
    The player can move AUTOMATICALLY to the new club of his choice.
    His original club, which chose to delist him, does not receive any compensation pick for the loss of the player.
  3. A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is one of the 10 highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service.
    The player is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.
    If he wishes to change clubs, the player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.
    His club has the right to match the presented offer.
    If the club matches the offer, he may choose to remain with his original club, seek a trade or enter the Draft.
    If the club does not or can not match the offer, the player can move to the new club of his choice.
    His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula to apply where clubs lose more free agents than they gain in any single transfer period.
  4. A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is NOT one of the 10 highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service.
    The player is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.
    If he wishes to change clubs, the player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.
    His club does NOT have the right to match the presented offer, and the player can move AUTOMATICALLY to the new club of his choice.
    His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula.
  5. A player has served ten or more seasons of AFL football at one club, has already come out of contract once in the period after serving his first eight or more seasons at his club, and is now out of contract.
    The player is eligible to field offers from all rival clubs.
    His club does NOT have the right to match the presented offer, and the player can move AUTOMATICALLY to the new club of his choice.
    His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula.
    Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

Edited by daisycutter

When does his contract expire? If its this year and he says that he wants to go to SA and does not want to stay in MEL what are we going to do?? Say he is "untouchable"?

While we may not voluntarily want to trade Jamar and I agree with that the above scenario could give rise to this issue.And it may not be an issue of just matching salary.

Anyway, why would Mark Jamar leave a football club with heaps of young talent and a shot at the flag in the future for another club at its lowest point, on the bottom of the ladder? By the time Port Adelaide were up and about in finals Jamar will be on the wrong side of 30, more susceptible to injuries and less valuable to the team - he'll have retired before Port Adelaide next make the top 4.

He'd be better off staying at Melbourne or, if he did leave, receiving an offer from a team like Hawthorn who I'd say are missing a dominant ruckman of Jamar's calibre.

When does his contract expire? If its this year and he says that he wants to go to SA and does not want to stay in MEL what are we going to do?? Say he is "untouchable"?

While we may not voluntarily want to trade Jamar and I agree with that the above scenario could give rise to this issue.And it may not be an issue of just matching salary.

End of 2012.

May as well write an article about how thier side would be better with GAJ or Riewoldt.

The only thing that irks me is that he gets paid handsomely to write that stuff, yet the gold I type here on 'land is all gratis. Hardly seems fair.

Haha. Not fair at all. Nice one D'man.

PS.Why did I click on this thread?

If the leadership group is reassesed mid-year, do you think Moloney will get back in? He's one of the very few to have flown the flag on a consistent basis this year (although his direct opponent Montagna was BOG on Saturday).

If Jamar is on our 'untouchables' list, how many others would be in it right now? Frawley, Scully, Trengove, Watts, Jurrah. Any others?

Hamish Hartlett I'd take in a heartbeat from Port, he's easily their most exciting talent. But yeah they have a heck of a lot of list-cloggers (Westhoff = Newton etc)

Hawthorn in 2008 is a perfect example of a young team on the up bringing on board a couple of hard bodied 'mongrel' players in Dew and Guerra, to aid and assist their skinny kids, I think it'd be better for list balance to go a similar route.

If the leadership group is reassesed mid-year, do you think Moloney will get back in? He's one of the very few to have flown the flag on a consistent basis this year (although his direct opponent Montagna was BOG on Saturday).

If Jamar is on our 'untouchables' list, how many others would be in it right now? Frawley, Scully, Trengove, Watts, Jurrah. Any others?

Hamish Hartlett I'd take in a heartbeat from Port, he's easily their most exciting talent. But yeah they have a heck of a lot of list-cloggers (Westhoff = Newton etc)

Hawthorn in 2008 is a perfect example of a young team on the up bringing on board a couple of hard bodied 'mongrel' players in Dew and Guerra, to aid and assist their skinny kids, I think it'd be better for list balance to go a similar route.

The 'untouchables' IMO

Jamar

Frawley

Scully

Trengove

Watts

Jurrah

Gysberts

The nearly men

Tapscott

Jones

Moloney

Sylvia

Grimes

Only three Port players I'd look at is Hartlett, Chaplin and Trengove

The 'untouchables' IMO

Jamar

Frawley

Scully

Trengove

Watts

Jurrah

Gysberts

The nearly men

Tapscott

Jones

Moloney

Sylvia

Grimes

Only three Port players I'd look at is Hartlett, Chaplin and Trengove

Tappscott is "untouchable" Category....Definately Premiership Core.

Of course they should try and get him, but they should also try and get J**d and Franklin. None of the above likely to occur.

Edited by Supermercado